Chelsea FC V Fußball-Club Bayern München

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Feb 23, 2020.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would like to see James get forward more. IF we are going to counter then we need to make better use of our wing-backs. Get Barkley and Mount closer to Giroud.

2. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    # of giveaways ********ing kills me. Jorginho and Kov are unreal when it comes to going from heroes to zeros in a span of a minute.

Could be up or down a goal at this point. Happy to go into half 0-0. I think Ruben, Willy and Tamantha are all liable to come on at some point soon.. don't think this ends scoreless.

Also.. Marcos on the left man. Seems like a back 3 is our best formation with the current set of guys.

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Napoli 1 Barca 0 in the Maradona Derby

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea 7 Bayern 6 - shots
    Chelsea 2 Bayern 3 - shots on target
    Not too shoddy

Tammy and Willian for Giroud and Dross Barkley - sooner rather than later

lobomojo repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    another slip - a mistake
    and thats that folks

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cabby has had a good night, but Kepa would have been blamed as stats show he let one in, to beat a dead horse and again fuuuuccckkk

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lol. Kepa sitting there thinking about how Willy has "let in" 6 goals in 4 games

We suck, they're good. God. Get Ross far ********ing away from this starting lineup

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tammy, Willian and well Gimour for me for Bark Alonso and jorg for me

10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Alphonso Boyle Davies - 19 - Born in a refugee camp in Ghana grew up in Canada

11. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #36 ComeOnChelsea, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    We start Barkley, they sub on Coutinho

edit- wouldn't even be playing Bayern if Barkley didn't think he was some pk superstar

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    150 million for Davis

the good news we don't have to rest players in the League for next match

13. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just saw the score. Guess we are out already.

14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    bollocks. we played terribly.

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hattte hate ********ing var figures we get a red for helping a player stand up

16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hattte hate ********ing var figures we get a red for helping a player stand up

17. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Had the same thought. El oh ********ing el.

What a joke.

Reece with the biggest lesson of his young career. He got ********ing washed today.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Massively outclassed and absolutely unsurprising.

We'll nick it 5-1 in the return leg.....

19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Someone should tell the EPL that Brexit doesn't need to apply to Champions League too....

20. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looking back on it, thinking what worked against Spurs would work against Bayern is laughable.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  21. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

On my way home from the game, I would be happy if Kepa never played again.

I was lucky enough to be in Munich in 2012.

How far the mighty have fallen.

22. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #47 Blueallthru, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Speed kills and it crushed us. Christensen might have been our fastest defender on the pitch. We are so ********ing slow. Kova has decent speed, Mount too, maybe Reece, but beyond that, they carved us apart in the second half. Mount through twice and Davies made up 20 yards each time in 2 seconds.

Maybe if Dave doesn't slip it's different, but I doubt it. This result sucks, but honestly, I expected a thrashing (maybe not this bad though). Barkley was awful, like looked out of his depth as a professional awful. Giroud wasn't very good, not like the two previous matches. Thought Rüdiger and AC were alright on the day and AC especially because he was always having to cover the RCB/RWB space. We lack talent, we knew that. Tammy isn't hitting the heights he was. Pulisic hasn't played in two months. CHO is hurt. RLC has been out damn near a year. We need talent, and we just don't have enough of it.

Silver lining for me is this. We need to focus on the league and get that right. Getting knackered at this stage, yes it sucks, isn't the worst. We made it this far. We need to qualify next season and get the likes of Sancho and someone else up top and get an actual proper left back so we aren't playing Alonso who is so slow.

Also, the Alonso red, really? Lewandowski cut in front of him and was leaning on him, that's another one that went against us incorrectly IMO. I'll have to see it again though. Anyone see it differently?

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well to be fair, Bayern have struggled against the last two sides that played 3 at the back (Hofenheim and Leipzig). The plan wasn't neccesarily bad, the execution on the other hand was bad. When we play with 3/5 at the back, our wingbacks are SLOW, Bayerns aren't.

I mean, I don't know. We sucked today. First half gave is a glimmer, but we have weaknesses all over the pitch. We're playing Ross Barkley as an attacker because Pedro and Willian have been just as poor. Giroud was pretty useless today, Tammy not much better. Neither are fully fit I guess. Who was going to break them down with a pass, maybe Jorginho, but he doesn't do it that often.

24. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Sooo slow. Was making the same comment to some colleagues when watching in the kitchen at lunch. There is no pace there and certainly no pace with ball control.

There are pieces there to work with, it's not all doom and gloom, but consistent with everyone's comments, we need to invest and invest intentionally.

We are paying the price for not having a better long term plan and not having a Director of Football setting a strategy that goes beyond the manager of the day tactical approach.

Blueallthru repped this.
  25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think Lamp got it right today ...ahem...Barkley...but look who was available and tell me the magic line-up that was going to shut down and tear apart Bayern with Lew, Muller Gnaby Thiago, Coutinho off bench etc:confused::rolleyes::confused:

Alll the goals were by being ripped down the middle of Jorg, Az, Rud and AC (so a liitle harsh to call James out also I think, though Davis beat him for speed once late)

Bayern are just better and far more talented and deeper right now.

Except for City the next 6 PL matches are winnable and where the CL spot will be won or lost, hopefully some of the walking wounded return soon