Chelsea bid £32m for Gerrard

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gonna have to disagree with you on this one Nic, old mate.

He's worth more than £32m IMHO but I doubt if we'll get him. I think he'll go to Madrid, possibly with Samuel going the other way.

2. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Give us £40 million and you can have him. Better players than Gerrard have left Liverpool. None have furthered their careers though.LOL.

3. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They further their careers simply by leaving you. ;O

4. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    40 million euros isnt sigificative for Chelsea...

... BUT its very important $ for Liverpool!!

Its bad policy to give that kind of money to allow a "rival" club reinforce its team.

5. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well i can't see him signing for another premiership club and Real will probably be too tempting to turn down.

6. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well he won't be going to Arsenal too much of a French clique there ;)

It seems to me that Gerrard loves Liverpool but has no real team mates there - boo-hoo. I mean there is only one other English lad, Carragher, and he don't get a long with him. I mean he turns up for work (training) and the job sucks, yeah, his workmates are alright at Liverpool, but where is the fun and the banter on the training ground? Day in, day out, no fun, how depressing for him. Hell, there are even two English lads at Real that he can have a laugh with. This the same reason Ashley Cole wants out at Arsenal. Who wants to spend the whole day on the training ground with boring bloody foreigners with no charm or wit. At Chelsea with have plenty of foreigners too and a foreign coach, but they just seem to have a better sense of humour - I mean Jose is a riot. We have team spirit and I guess that is not the case at Liverpool.

Our foreigners good, your foreigners boring a-holes? :D

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Too many Spaniards, bound to have figured in his thinking.
    However much it affected his desire to stay, only he knows.But, I think it would be naive to say it didn't have some effect on him.

8. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

....Ronny Rosenthal.

9. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I can't see him going to any English club and to be honest, why would you want him?

He's injury prone, he dives in recklessly, he's greedy, selfish, his tart's a minger and he's thicker than Poshboy- have you heard this man talk?

'Eeeee, eeeee, errrrrr, eeeeeeh'

I was at a pub quiz the other night and one question was, what IQ do you need to be a member of MENSA? We answered, 139 more than Stevie Gerrard - and they gave it to us, yahahahahahah !!!!

Frank Lampard and JT might be slighlty oiked, if Chelski were to pay him more than them, yes???

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    A very wise man already brought up that point.
    He was given rough treatment, doubted even, and was questioned as to whether or not he was right on players earnings.

Sad, mate, very sad it was.

However, most men of brilliance are oft scoffed at :D

Now, excuse me for a sec...I'm having trouble reaching behind to pat meself on the back :D:D:D

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're right, here I was thinking he was a world class midfielder.

12. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I find it hard to believe that a man of your undoubted cal i bre, should ever be doubted CB, fcukin peasants, revolting as ever :D???

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    [​IMG]

14. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    right :confused: ........nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Matron has given up coming here.
    Said the workload couldn't possible be done by one person :D

16. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I propagate British cultural depravity.

Well Roman and Jose are not stoopid and I’m sure there will be parity between the 3 of them. I think that is a minor problem that can easily be resolved.

• That aside Mr. ClanBlue, is Gerrard not the ideal signing?
    • Or would you prefer we signed Carlos Fandango?
    • Are you really that terrified of hubcaps with money?
    <o =""></o>
    Gerrard has some failings – dives in, gets injured, etc – but again I think under the guidance of Jose all of that can be worked out.

<o =""></o>The bottom line is he’s a quality English midfielder and he’d do well at Chelsea FC.

2006 the year that <st1:city w:st="on">Chelsea</st1:city> win the World Cup for England!!!

All this intrigue eh? Well we shall know soon enough. It is either <st1:city w:st="on">Chelsea</st1:city> or <st1:state w:st="on"><st1 ="">Madrid</st1>.</st1:state>

"A guy had soft-shoed out of the door from the gaming room as quiet as a snake on tip-belly, and I didn't need my case history of Smiling Abe <st1 =""><st1:state w:st="on">Montana</st1:state></st1> to know that sonny boy was his number-one triggerman, Ricky the Filipino."

17. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh, it's a class bit of biz if we can pull it off Monkee.

Surely you don't question which of Essien or Gerrard I would rather at the club?

Even the front wheel skids would dramatically improve with £32 million.

Will it mean that Liverpool will be able to compete with us next season - absolutely not!

Could it lay the ground work to compete in 2 or 3 seasons - very likely!

Why did we jump right in with such a massive bid though?
    Kenyon :rolleyes:

18. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well yes, I was wondering that. I was thinking of the Owen situation where he had one year left on his contract and he was sold for 8 million quid. Gerrard has two years left and from what I was reading the bid would be in the 20-25 million region. There was even talk of us getting him on the cheap, 10-15 million.

The biggest job of its kind since One-Eyed Dobson got away with the GIs' pay packets. Two million dollars, Grosvenor Square, 'forty-five.

19. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Keegan did ok in Hamburg

20. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

So that's him off to RM then ;)

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yea, no Spaniards there.

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    :D

23. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's like a foreign country right?

Playing football with Spainards is fine, as long as you have all the fringe benefits, weather, beaches and the fun of playing in Spain. . .At the moment he has none of that, just the isolation of being a linguistic and cultural misfit in his own back yard (and no chance ever winning the league with pool).

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The Arsenal of Spanish football :D

25. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I truly believe that this had quite some effect on his decision to bugger off.