Chelsea already Falling-apart?!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by MightyBees, Sep 16, 2003.

1. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England
    There are reports today of Chelsea's ever-expanding squad already falling out with Roman and Ranieri!
    Chelsea's record signing Damien Duff is unhappy that manager Claudio Ranieri keeps substituting him towards the end of matches.

Duff, at £17m the most expensive arrival during the Blues' summer revolution, has been substituted in all five of his matches since moving from Blackburn.

But while he has expressed his dissatisfaction, boss Ranieri has told his star-studded squad to stop complaining - or else leave the club.

Duff, who has been deployed on both the right and left flanks and in a central role behind the main striker. said: "I am settling in fine but in one of the games soon I'd like to get a full 90 minutes.

"I was gutted to come off after 70 minutes on Saturday against Spurs. It seems like it happens every game.

"I didn't like being substituted at half-time in our previous match against Blackburn. But the gaffer likes to make a change, so what can you do?

"I won't let it get me down but it doesn't help playing in different positions."

Duff was speaking prior to Chelsea's opening Champions League match against Sparta Prague on Tuesday.

While Joe Cole revelaled today that as soon as they bought him Roman tried to loan him out for a year to Spartak Moscow!
    He turned down the move swiftly- whilst revealing that he wont be happy starting on the subs bench all season!

But Ranieri said: "Unhappy players can damage the atmosphere - the players know what can happen if the atmosphere is not good.

"I have spoken to all the players and they accept this. This is a new era for Chelsea.

"Those who understand this rest with us. But if they don't understand this, I am sorry. If anyone is not happy with us, then they will be out."

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sweeeet!

Boo hoo! Stamford Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, Stamford Bridge is falling down, uuuuu CHESKI!!!

All that talent and they fighting each other. There aren't enough balls to go around for this club.

Remember boys, there is no I in team.

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Sweeeet!

And remember also that the rags will only ever report the bits and pieces of interviews that best cause sensation.Thats their business.

The squad is a little on the large side though and it will be hard to keep them all happy.However, from now untill god knows when, we will have matches every 3 to 4 days.That in itself will ease selection bitching as more players get more games.

Of course, the best way to keep them all happy is to start and keep on wining--and we're doing alright in that department so far ;)

4. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is great news. Hopefully Chelsea sell Duff to Blackburn for a lot less than what he was baught for. :)

5. soccerchick584

soccerchick584 New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Tennessee
    That's just horrible! Except for the fact that half the football world is probably rejoicing right now. I don't like Chelsea and this is fantastic news. It was so annoying when they'd buy players every other day.

6. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

No, but if you look hard enough, there is a "me".

7. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my!

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, but there's an I in win.

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Re: Sweeeet!

Nice one ;)

Yea, know what you mean.
    Can't imagine supporting one of those teams that goes out and buys all the good players!

10. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Lol Clan, look who said it. A Real Madrid "fan"

:rolleyes:

11. Johnny_Blaze

Johnny_Blaze New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Canada

There is no we either.

12. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Chelsea already Falling-apart?!

There's an expression about a pot and a kettle...I wish I could remember it.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Sweeeet!

It's also worth pointing out that people are going to get injured, i.e. Mutu, (looks like there's going to be one happy Jimbo for a while), and suspended, (like Geremi). As Ranieri has said, you need 2 players for every position.

I'm getting increasingly optimistic as the season is going on. Long way to go yet, though.

14. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    I don't think they're "falling apart." But the thing is, there's a lot of big money and a lot of big egoes on the team. It's impossible to please everyone.

15. Chelcfc

Chelcfc New Member

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Not only are they not falling apart are the gettig better as a squad. of couse DDwants to play 90 not 70 and Frank Lamprad wnats to start as does Terry...but theyknow what they got themselves into and Ranieri is doing just great.

We may not win the CL or even the EPL but we are right there and we are not going away.

A game in hand in the Premiership and 2nd in our CL group...it is all going just fine so back off our boys in Blue.

Right now there is only one team in London that is winning in Europe.

Check out world soccer weekly every monday night for our national radio show that cover s everything. Visit www.worldsoccerweekly.com for more information.

Cheers.

16. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Chelsea already Falling-apart?!

This has that and other ones that are of good use for Big Soccer. :)
    http://gvjiris.myetang.com/yhsb/english/idioms.htm
    (just cancel the stupid download thing)

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This club is AWESOME!!!

I was smoking crack and have since entered a rehab facility!

What grace and poise! Their passing and crosses against Wolves was fantastic. I was drooling. Manure and Arsenal have a new bad ass on the block....Chelsea...the Mighty Blues and they are no joke!

18. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, now Chelsea have a new BILLIONAIRE owner and Arsenal, ManUtd, NewUtd, et al are running in fear? Jealousy because of the new infusion of expensive players? After 5 matches, 13 points. CFC haven't really played a top club yet. Once Claudio gets everything sorted out, probably before the Christmas break, we'll be singing, like now; "From Stamford Bridge to Wembley, we'll keep the Blue Flag flying high..." C'MON YOU BLUES!

19. Chelcfc

Chelcfc New Member

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    They are superb and of course are only going to get that much better.

I also think the Ranieri is teh perfect manager for this situation and I wish the press would get of his case.

I can't think of a manager I would like less for Chelsea than Sven Goran Erickson.

Duff is world class, Crespo gets his first brace of goals, Makelele, Gallas etc...look who they left out today against Wolves.

I do have to say that I think Wolves are an appalling Premiership team. Whilst the playoff are a great piece of excitement at the time they are going on...the 5th place finisher is not equipped to play in the Premiership and they are not just going down...they may well beat Sunderland's record for futility while they do it.

Rememeber Chelsea still have a game in hand and I am hoping for 4-4 draw tomorrow between The Arse and ManUre.

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Er...Whilst i'd be loathe to actually admit as much to a scouser, like it or not, Liverpool are still one of the best in the country mate ;)

21. Chelcfc

Chelcfc New Member

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I agree...Liverpool are finding their way and the addition of Kewell is enormous. They will be there or thereabouts come next May.

How late do Newcastle plan on leaving it? What a disaster their season is so far.

But to all who read this Chelsea are for real...just ask Liverpool.

22. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I agree. They will only become more cohesive as the season progresses. I don't think they will finish ahead of Arsenal and Man United this year, but I suspect that they will finish a strong third and be poised to make a run next year. I also expect that they will get into the knock-out phase of the Champions League.