Chelsea, AC Milan visit the US [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ChopSoccerDude, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    watch the first game of DC United vs Chelsea, and I have to say DC United was the superior team, Chelsea his lucky to be tied at this moment

2. CTaker

CTaker New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    While I agree DC were the better team this game isn't as lopsided as Chicago vs. Milan was.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Crespo just made scored 2-1 on assist by Tiago and Robben

after the goal Tiago was subbed
    still a good game

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    game over 2-1
    and a great showcase for the MLS

5. CTaker

CTaker New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Game ended 2-1 Chelsea, not a bad game but the Milan Chicago was more entertaining.

6. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Took my nephew to meet the Chops at the hotel last night... luckily I was able to spot Tiago, P. Ferreira and R. Carvalho sitting down chatting in front of the hotel as I was arriving and looking for parking (it was easy to miss them though as it was a dark area). They were very friendly, they signed a Chelsea jersey, their Panini cards, my individual 8x10 photos w/ them from Monday night and posed for pictures w/ my nephew. Had time to ask them a couple of questions: They were pleasantly surprised about DC United (Carvalho asked me how they were doing standings wise in the MLS), said F. Adu will be a good player but they don't believe he's only 16. Also, I think Tiago is Portista because as I was taking their picture w/ my nephew I mentioned that he was a big Porto fan and I said: Sorry Tiago. His words: "Desculpe de que? Eu ate' acho muito bem!" Also, got a picture of Mourinho w/ my nephew and he was curious to find out more about my nephew's soccer skills. I mentioned he's a "extremo-esquerdo canhoto" (left-footed) and sort of reminds me of Futre. He smiled. Also got my 8x10 w/ him autographed. Couldn't convince him to go down to Newark though... he said: "E' dificil, e' melhor nao mas obrigado" I sensed he didn't want to go to a place he would surely be recognized... All for now!

7. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    A big thanks to ChopSoccerDude for coming through in the clutch with some very good inside info.

(Hopefully I can repay the favor in the future)

tonight Chelsea and A.C. Milan practice at Giants Stadium 4 and 6 O'Clock in the evening...You need a pass to enter the stadium. (I believe they can be bought with a ticket to the game)

8. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    JuveLeo, did you make it there last night? I know this morning some friends of mine were there, couldn't get to Mourinho and were given a hard time by security... Hope you got the autographs for your kid.

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    just got home in time to see the goal by Drogoba, it looks like a lot of portuguese from the Ironbound at the game

Chelsea-1-Milan-0

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    they just took a goal away from Milan on a goal by Vieri, they call it offside

:confused:

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Portugusese Rui Costa just show why his been one of the best playmakers in the world in the last 13 years, with a goal out of this world, a speciality of his

Chelsea -1-AC Milan-1

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Rui Costa his on the final years of his contract, its time for MLS to go after players like this

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Chelsea will travel back to england tonight, get ready for next sunday, Community Shield vs Arsenal

15. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
  16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    the MLS need some players with the talent of Rui Costa, I hope Alex Lalas made some friends in the last couple days, he was very happy to give the trophy of the championship series to the Chelsea captain

I believe for the second year in a row, Chelsea was the winner