Charlton v. Chelsea [r]

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by hartley, Nov 22, 2004.

1. hartley

hartley Member

Looks like Perry will definitely be out for this one. The talk is that Fortune will take his spot. But here's the lineup I would play [4-5-1]:

Kiely

Young - El K - HH - Konchesky

Kishishev - Murphy - Holland

JJ - Thomas

Bartlett

Subs: Andersen, Fortune, Euell, Jeffers, Lisbie.

If Murphy doesn't show up in the first half, bring on Euell. If JJ's touch is bad again, bring on Jeffers. If Bartlett can't get it done, bring on Lisbie.

2. hartley

hartley Member

Okay, I have completely changed my mind. Go back to a 4-4-2 and put some speed on the field.

Kiely

Young - El K - HH - Konchesky

Kishishev - Holland - Murphy - Thomas

Rommedahl - Jeffers

Subs: Andersen, Fortune, Euell, JJ, Bartlett

Bring Fortune on late, move HH out wide on the back line, and Konchesky moves up with Thomas going off. Euell on for Murphy. JJ on for Kishishev.

It won't happen. Curbs will be too conservative to beat the big teams on a regular basis.

3. hartley

hartley Member

Considering Curbs' experience with Rommedahl, I hope he understands that he must have someone on the outside that will make Robben play some defense also. For all his great offensive skills, I wonder how well he plays defense. I don't he has had to think about it since joining the blues. We should attack on the side where he lines up.

Thoughts?

4. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what happened? i was out in vegas and only saw the scoreline..

yikes.. 0-4 at the valley..

Not sure I even want to try and watch a replay if there is one..

5. hartley

hartley Member

doug,

don't waste time watching. we gave up the early goal, then tried to get back in the match. but chelsea kept us locked out. more of the same in the second half except for the part where we tried. we lost our hearts after that quick barrage.