Charlton - Fulham [r]

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by RobtheAggie, Nov 5, 2003.

1. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is another big game. Fulham is tied with Charlton on points. This is a big game to say the least. No word on potential injured strikers back.

This is the last in a very difficult stretch of matches that has been amazing for Charlton.
    Here is the schedule for the rest of 2003:

Nov 8 Charlton v Fulham (18)
    Nov 22 Leicester v Charlton (8)
    Nov 29 Charlton v Leeds (8)
    Dec 7 Southampton v Charlton (16)
    Dec 13 Middlesbrough v Charlton (11)
    Dec 20 Charlton v Newcastle (16)
    Dec 26 Charlton v Chelsea (26)
    Dec 28 Tottenham v Charlton (12)

With current points off to the side:

Every team but Chelsea is below Charlton in the table. The great run should continue!

2. williamsbmwfan

williamsbmwfan New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Oak Park
    I'm going to this fixture and am looking forward to a good time at my first english premiership matchup, along with the chelsea/newcastle game on sunday.

Does anyone know the words to songs that they might sing at charlton?

Doug in Chicago

3. hartley

hartley Member

Wish I could be there.

Since I am stuck with Fox Sports World, I'm not sure I will even get to see this game on replay. Probably only the highlights on the Report.

This game and the ones against Newcastle and Chelsea are the tough ones. But they play them all.

Go Addicks!

With the way we have been playing on the road, maybe we should wear our yellow kits.

Could they do that? Or would the FA fine them for not following protocol?

4. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect a full match report about the trip. I think the Valley would be a fantastic place to watch a match.

Enjoy yourself!

5. williamsbmwfan

Sep 24, 2003
    Oak Park
    Will do! The photos I've seen of the grounds look very nice (www.footballgroundguide.co.uk), and both teams are playing well so it should be a fun time.

I'll be back on wednesday, hopefully I'll be able to post some photos.

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Charlton Athletic-3
    Fulham-1

7. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    The game was on FSW...hope you guys caught it.

Anyway, fourth place for you guys...I'll say it all season if I have to. :) Besides, if you're in 4th, then some team I probably hate isn't...I'd much rather see you guys and Birmingham up there than the Scousers.

8. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    For those that missed the match check this link out. The match is being replayed on several Fox regional sports channels over the next few days. Set up those VCRs.

http://www.soccertv.com/england.cfm

I saw the match on FSW en Espanol. I've not seen them play this well and consistantly since the 2000/01 season. Everybody is playing team football.

My only fear is how long Claus will be out. I know Jason can fill the spot but he doesn't give us the set play kicks that Claus can.

I hope this International layoff doesn't slow the momentum down like it has in the past.

9. sandro710

sandro710 Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Windber, PA
    Another good performance by Charlton - their play has become very consistent over this good run. The midfield was dominating Fulham in the first half with Jensen having an excellent game. Shame he went out but the team continued playing well in the second half.

10. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
  11. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Maybe they should wear the yellow kit at home. They've got a better record in the yellow kit.

They used to have a white away kit and a black third. When the white was losing and the black was winning they dropped the white kit.

Don't mess with a good thing.

12. williamsbmwfan

Sep 24, 2003
    Oak Park
    Just got back last night after spending the weekend in London. The Charlton / Fulham fixture was the highlight of my trip. Sat in the upper level on the same side as the benches about mid-field. I was suprised the cafc ticket office came through with such great seats, I thought they would stick us in the visitors area or down low on the side by one of the end lines.

Parker was amazing, he was everywhere on the field. The supporters responded with a "parker for england" chant (at least that is what it sounded like to me), after several of his solid plays.

The tempo of the game was fast in the first half, a lot of end to end action with possession time dominated by charlton with a few counter attacks by fulham.

2nd half slowed down a bit with the addicks leading 1-0, and just when it looked like Fulham was going to equalize after 10 or so minutes of good play, charlton scored (I don't remember which goal it was after seeing 9 goals over the weekend) and the remainder of the game was "fun" time.

Best of luck to Charlton the remainder of the season, they are playing splendid football now and I hope it continues the remainder of the season. Thanks to the cafc ticket office for their assistance with tickets.

I'll post a couple of photos tomorrow after I get them off of my camera.