Charlton are in the Hunt for Peter Crouch

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by kevruth, Jul 19, 2005.

1. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Various news sources are reporting that Charlton are one of the clubs after Peter Crouch.

I've kind of thought all along they should be after him. He'd make a nice partner for Darren Bent.

The major hold up may be his price: Harry wants £8m for him. Liverpool has already had two bids turned down and Boro has now entered the fray. Both clubs can offer a lot more in wages than we can.

I'm keeping my fingures crossed on this one......

2. hartley

hartley Member

On the surface, one would think Crouch's order of selection would be:

1. Liverpool -- Champions League play

2. Boro -- UEFA Cup play

3. Charlton -- what can we offer him besides time on the field and money?

I think it would be great to see the big man in a Charlton shirt. I just don't think it will happen. I have said a little prayer anyway.

3. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe the lure of living and playing in London is worth something. I mean personally, Liverpool is a good place, but I'd choose relocating to London over Middlesborough any day.

4. hartley

hartley Member

Well, according to the BBC, Crouch is set to join Liverpool after a medical.

Who's next on Alan's wish list? Milan Baros seems to be out of work. But he also could be expensive on the wage list.

5. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently being in London helped get Smertin:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?lid=292680&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&

Birmingham supremo David Sullivan believes that the lure of London is costing the club the chance to sign top players.

Blues owner Sullivan is unhappy that foreign stars are so keen to live in the capital that they will not consider a move to the Midlands.

"All the foreign players want to live in London and that is why we missed out on [Chelsea's Alexei] Smertin," asserted Sullivan.

6. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Let's make special note not to move the Addicks anywhere outside of London. Kev, with your share you'll vote against it right?! :)