Charlotte FC v LA Galaxy fan reactions

Discussion in 'Charlotte FC' started by Cltfcfantv, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Cltfcfantv

Cltfcfantv Member

Spurs
    England
    Oct 11, 2020
  2. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be honest , was not happy we were getting another NFL owner, with an NFL size stadium, with PSL's and a plastic field (still not happy on that). I would have had no problems with Charlotte getting a franchise with a SSS with a grass field regardless of owners. As for my thoughts on watching the game on TV.....
    >Looked exactly like an expansion team (that needs more attacking options)
    vs. a team that just came off a total rebuild after missing the playoffs. Not a lot of continuity or flow in the game (then again only game 2 , I know)
    >Of course the crowd was great and scenes inside and outside stadium were cool. Hope they can connect well with the community and make a place in the market. No MLB or NHL in town so they have that chance.
    Wasn't the goal to fill the lower deck through out the year? Hope a lot of the opening game excitement can carry over through out the year as we know some teams in the first years are not always great, or in Cincinnati's case , longer :D
    >For what was suppose to be a newly laid field, it did not look very good on TV, weird colors and what looked like a crown in the middle of the field.
    What are the dimensions of the field? Seemed narrow.
    Unfortunately, its like watching a game from SEA, ATL, NE, PDX & VAN
    I generally tape those games and then power through the tape. Bouncing balls, skidding balls, etc. just simply detracts from the way the game is played.
    It is a tragedy your beautiful grass field was pulled up. I wonder if the NFL players on the Panthers were excited to switch from grass to plastic?
    > Covid messed up my annual MLS trip- I have been to almost every current and many past stadiums except for Cincy, Nash and FTL. (I think 30-35 stadiums) Hopefully I get to those this year or next also with STL coming in. Charlotte goes last on the list at this point. I am sorry, its just not a rush to see a game in a NFL stadium on plastic. If we want to show our game at its best, we need the game presented properly on a nice , wide, well maintained grass field. Its almost like when NFL games were played on the dirt infields of baseball stadiums for a long time. Not a good presentation. But I give great kudos to the fans and the support you are showing! Soccer in the south, who would have thought :thumbsup:

Cltfcfantv repped this.