Charge /Charge-related post-season match threads merged...

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    England vs. Iceland 9/16...

Per the UEFA website, the other semifinal home and away for the 5th spot for WWC 2003 in Reykjavik's Laugardalsvöllur Stadium. The second game will be in St. Andrews Ground stadium (Birmingham City FC's home venue) on 9/22.

The France-Denmark finale will be 9/15 in Odense, Denmark. So scratch Pichon from the Charge/San Diego exhibition at the Rose Bowl the day before.

Paul

2. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
  3. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    plarlez vous francais, si vous plais?

but neat pic of pichon, 9 shirt, eh? that being said as much smack ive talked about mia hamm she is a womens soccer tradition, anyone else notice that the 9 shirt is quickly replacing the 10 shirt when it comes to womens international football, Wen wore 9 for china, kelly wore 9 for a time for england, this pic of pichon has her wearing 9. i guess mia has more infulence than id like to admit.

4. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    My limited French says the French teams training camp for Denmark is starting.

And then there's some statement about Pichon where my few words in French fail me.

5. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    cool, thanks :)

6. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  7. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  8. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    and for the Icelandic perspective...

http://www.ksi.is/

click around and you can get the line-ups, past results, refs, and what the Icelandic routine for the week will be

9. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  10. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Charge leave today for the left coast and will play in the mammoth Rose Bowl for an exhibition with the Spirit Saturday, while Marinette tries to nail down Les Bleus' place in the home and home final for the 5th Euro team for next year in China the following afternoon. The Freedom have a pre-match going in their forum with the Akers Tribute game against Boston, so let's kick it here, too.

Paul

11. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  12. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  13. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  14. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  15. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    So we can glean from the Chinese now home.....

Per FearM9's newsletter, of course, that Lihong will also miss this exhibition, too. Game is at 8PM here, 5 local time. SD forum says Sherrill Kester and Amy Sauer will pass on this one, replaced by Isabelle Harvey (Canadian national team), Nebraska alumnus Lindsay Eddleman and former USD (Univ. of San Diego)'er Allison Benoit.

Paul

16. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    While Zhao is in Busan, I highly recommend the fish market, select your choice, and have it prepared.

Of course, when you select your choice, it's still living...

Also, look for a place where tons of locals are eating, and be prepared, take along your Korean to English phrase book, otherwise you quite not know what you're eating....and, of course, you must be seated on the floor, otherwise it's not authentic, and go to a place where you can cook the dish at your table yourself. They'll get you started, but then get adventuresome and do it yourself...

back to the scrimmage tonight... that's what it is, and any one thinking other wise is confused.

Just watch out for Cobi Jones afterwards, he's got a reputation to uphold.

17. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
  18. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    :D

No, I'm not saying this is anything except a friendly which is the appetizer for the LA game to follow. That doesn't preclude me from having an All-Star pre-match thread next week, my last one until next April, tho :)

Wonder how they'll work the crowd figures for this one; it will be the largest the Charge have ever played in front of. The MLS game that follows it has playoff implications for the Galaxy, I think, so maybe they'll have a decent turnout.

It would be nice, though, to have a soccer-specific stadium here (Brewerytown area, maybe?), where the old Schmidt's beer HQ was; there's a lot of land there to develop, so we can get matches like the WNT will have at Mitchell, of all places (!!) in the off-season...

Paul

19. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    If you want to see a nice soccer facility...

http://www.lagalaxy.com/r20020226.html

And Paul, that land will become yuppie condos very soon.

No way the Charge move into Philadelphia proper, when 95% of the fan base is from outside the city.

The Charge are having a scrimmage today, notice nothing on the Charge website, they don't even admit the Charge are playing.

This is more a get together match. I wonder whta happens if some one gets injured...

To me this sounds like the a Galaxy funded even where Charge players get travel and room fees, plus some cash like a couple hundred to play.

20. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    TONGUE IN CHEEK ALERT HERE...NOTHING MORE :)

You mean this won't be available on the famed WOOSA MatchTracker?? Damb...

:D :p

Paul (although the Breakers-Charge HofF game is Pia's coaching debut, I heard...)

21. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    This may be worthy of its own thread...

Maybe that would be a goal to boost attendance next year - to promote in the city itself. Hook up with the Philadelphia Sports Congress and take a run, perhaps luring FC III at Lincoln Financial Field (a pipe dream, since the game almost HAS to go west next year..)

Paul