Charge-Boston PBP

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Via WUSA.com's gametracker this will be, and with the Washington outcome today, the gap between the Charge and 3rd place has shrunk to 5 points (34-29). That result may have damaged Boston's outside hopes for a spot more, however. Boston is 1-1 at home lifetime against the Charge, a 3-2 loss May 27, 2001 and won 2-1 on the final day of the 2001 regular season

Charge win will go a hugely long way toward a playoff bid, depending on the result of San Jose-NY which starts in less than an hour. A Charge win and a San Jose tie would be a good thing to root for tonight :D

Updates every 10 minutes, goals at once. Seven minutes in, no score. No lineups posted yet.

Paul

2. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    WUSA is slacking - why arent they posting the lineups?

I think that would be an awesome job, I love to be a game tracker for the WUSA

3. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    11th minute.

Charge receive a scare when Lilly hits the x-bar after a Rebekah McDowell foul close to the visitors' goal. Ducar in goal for the Breakers. Moore punches out a Meinert cross in the 15th minute.

Mitts is in the lineup.

4. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    charge is playin' physical!

5. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    WHAT IS CHARGE'S LINEUP

is it 4-5-1, 4-4-2!?!?!

6. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Benson supplies the first corner of the game in the 17th minute, to no fruition. McDowell shot on goal 2 minutes later, Ducar save. Charge have still not been scored on in the first 15 minutes of any WOOSA game this season.

Heather Aldama with the 1st Boston shot on Moore, a save, 22nd minute. Clemens' 26th minute shot punched out by Ducar.

7. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Would be nice if there was TV so we could know...my guess is 4-5-1, but don't hold me to it. Gametracker is usually good with the lineups for both teams. Maybe they're holding out on us fans so we'll keep hitting the refresh button :p

Paul

8. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    I dont think the charge will EVER be scored on in the first 15 minutes

9. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    those suckers...

10. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Correction. The NY-San Jose game is going on concurrently as this. Don't hold your breath for a SJ loss or tie, and I'll leave it at that.

A little surge by the Charge; Fair corner kick in the 33rd minute and Ducar has to punch it out. Breakers forum doesn't even have a PBP for those who can't make it. Maybe this is no local tv in *either* city.

37th minute, scoreless.

11. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Stats...

Lilly shot on goal, 39th minute, Moore save, clear out, corner for Boston. The home side is pressing now; Meinert shot a minute later is wide left.

And we're scoreless at the half.

Stats:
    Shots: 5-3, Boston
    SOG: 2 each
    Fouls: 5-3, Philly
    Offsides: 2-0 Boston
    Corners: 2-1 Philly
    Saves: 2 each

12. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    phily usually scores after the half anyways

13. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    this is a pretty late game - and they still have put up the starting lineup, those suckers!

14. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    45:00 -Half 2 Started @ 07:06 P.M.

15. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    45:00 PHI -45th Minute. Substitution: 15-Stacey Tullock for 3-Mary-Frances Monroe, 45 minutes played.

Mark is puttin in Tullock!

16. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    The Charge defense NEEDS to stop letting the Breakers keep on getting off these shots... one of these minutes they will go in.

And charge needs to boost their offense - get more shots off!

17. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    2nd half underway....

Trick here for both teams is not to give up a quick goal in the first 5 minutes. Next goal wins? That's a pretty dicey game to play with the defenses as unbending as they've been. First shot of the half a strike by Meinert, Moore save, 49th minute.

18. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Thank goodness for that...

Would've been nice to have seen her in the first half, but one half of Tullock is better than none, I guess. When you don't have someone who's scored a little over 2/5ths of your goals, the offense is going to suffer, no matter who you've got waiting in the wings.

Closing in on 55 minutes. Charge definitely coming out on the short end in terms of shots. Hope they're not playing for the tie this early. That cattenaccio style of soccer can blow up in your face. Just ask Italy against South Korea at the world cup.

Koleski for Connors; 57th minute. Maybe she can provide a spark.

19. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    The charge is SUFFERING without marinette.

Where is the offense so far? I hope that koleski can make something happen !!

20. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    Well, maybe not suffering...

But still, I think that you are right Charge!. I really wanted Phily to be first in the league, as well as founders cup champions. I predict carolina will win most (if not, all) of their remaining games. Phily will have to win this if they want to be the first place team!

21. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    60 minutes gone...

Corner for Lilly...no dice, still scoreless.

and Ailing for FAIR, 62nd minute. Injury, perhaps, cause Fair never comes out of a game unless it's something drastic.

22. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    what is wrong with lorrie fair?

PHI -63rd Minute. Substitution: 10-Liu Ailing for 2-Lorrie Fair, 62 minutes played.

20 minutes to go... I am worried for the charge

uh oh... they are putting the pressure on melissa, she is having to do a lot of catch/punches

all koleski seems to be doing is fouling!

all these shots against philly are not looking good...

23. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    70 gone...

And just for good measure, 10 minutes later another corner for Lilly, Moore punch-out.

First Boston substitution; Gulbrandsen for Borisjuk, 71st minute. Charge have not had a shot on goal in the second half, and none, if the gametracker is to be believed, since the 19th minute.

Dacey in for Meinert (!), 75th minute.

24. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Moore coming up huge again....

Since the Charge offense has seemingly decided to take the evening off, another punchout on a Lilly shot in the 79th minute. Seems like they're playing for the tie.

25. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    Come on Mandy! Score!!!

10 MINUTES TO GO!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Where has Lihong been this entire game? She should be concerned about losing her assist/goal per game in the last 5 games!