Charge-Beat Pre-match....

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Or, WWMD? (What Will Mark Do?)

You're the (should be a slam dunk) WUSA Coach of the Year. You rolled the dice last night and came up sevens against SJ. You have a direct impact on their future. Atlanta awaits Saturday, in a bad mood and you can't discount them going headhunting (yep, I'm loopy here, but it's a legit concern with me), if you put the 'A' team in, and their season is on the line. They're on the verge of being the WOOSA's 1964 Phillies. OTOH, you haven't won v. the 'Rays since the inaugural home opener 425-odd days ago. A win + an SJ win at Boston will bring back Katia and Co. So you play for the tie and render the CyberSquid couch potatoes a week from Saturday.

NOT SO FAST, MY FRIEND ($1 to ESPN's Lee Corso) :D

You do that, and Carolina beats SD, you drop to 2nd to play Washington. Let's put this as delicately as possible, shall we?

You have a league and a network desperate to not only fill Herndon on 8/24, but to pop a big (for them) TV rating, which raises the spectre of out and out officiating skullduggery to make sure #9 (and I don't mean Demko) gets to the final. Any, and I do mean anyone who even sneezes in her direction is going to get called for a foul. She can be possessed by the spirit of Hooper the Hacker and it will go uncalled. Plus, the Mini-Mias potentially erase any home field crowd you earn. Thus, you let her be Carolina's problem, not yours. Crush Team Midgy and bring on Brandi the Diver.

Decisions, decisions...

Paul

2. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    The obnoxious 'Rays fan speaks!

Um, try again. ;)

:D

Best possible answer!

Any tips on how we can get Brandi to quit divin' and just PLAY?

3. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Mea culpa....

The gametracker had SJ 12-2 when I posted the original result thread. My error, and I apologize. Lots of folks had problems with the WUSA gametracker last night.

Paul

4. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Matchtracker bites

No kidding! :rolleyes:

Next thing you know WUSA.com is going to want people to subscribe to be able to view the matchtracker so they can buy bigger faster servers. :eek:

No tips for Brandi?

5. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I were in Krikorian's shoes, my objective for Aug 10 is to field my healthiest team on Aug 17, regardless of opponent. That means I'll rest many of my starters, if not leave them home altogether. I'll start folks such as Alfiler, Hall, Demko - who have zero chance of playing and/or being activated for the post-season. Start McDowell, Koleski, Martin, etc. . .

Expect to hear Stone to berate and yell at the officiating crew the whole game. The officials and the league have yet to crack down on that toad's boorish behavior. I find that contemptible, but hardly surprising . . . . . since his former boss now runs the league.

Does anyone know if cards and accumulation thereof carry on to the post-season? I ask because I wouldn't put it past Stone and the Beasts to deliberately injure any of our players . . .

Seriously. I've seen this opponent inflict deliberate and unnecessary fouls this season. And when their season's on the line on Saturday, and the likelihood of these two teams meeting again the following week very high, I wouldn't put it past this particular opponent to do everything possible to advance to the post-season, and a chance to get to play at home in the Finals. Another reason to rest many of the starters.

6. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    This discussion cachundo partakes is going one elsewhere too, and he has my outlook.

Miitts and Iverson are apparently resting.

I'd again go the 4 subs route, with the same approach taken in the San Jose match.

Possibly Liu starts and Fair??

But have Tullock and Zhao and Pichon come on after minute 45, to at least give a reasonable winning option.

As to Stone, I don't know what his wife sees in him?

7. sebe

sebe New Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Philadelphia, PA
    Stone is just awful. I can't stand his constant yelling during the games. Not only do the fans hate it, but I know people that work for other teams. They can't stand him. He's very verbally abusive. The stories I've heard...

Cachundo, it's interesting that you say you've seen the Beat "inflict deliberate and unnecessary fouls this season." Did you happen to read Stone's tirade on San Diego after their last game? He laid into SD because of Fleeting's foul on one of his defenders.

Anyway, from what I've been reading from Krikorian...he says we'll see a more traditional starting 11 on Saturday.

Definately would not play Pichon more than a half. Don't want to risk her getting injured. Mitts will rest and I think Fair could probably use some rest.

8. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    Glad I sit on the other side sebe.

Any F bombs or just bench jockeying at it's worst?

We should send over G4m to get on him all game.

First wusa coach going into the stands anyone?

8/17 I just want Sandra Hunt out there, if we get Atlanta.

9. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  10. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I did read that about Fleeting taking out a defender cleats-up. I didn't see the game, but the way I interpret the Laws, that's a deliberate and dangerous offense and the officials should have thrown the offender out. The officials should not let players acts as vigilantes, for payback or whatever. Gives me no satisfaction that it happened against the Beasts. Although I understand why some posters thought justice was served. But sh!t like that happen late in the season - against opponents who have nothing to lose, and against opponents where everything's on the line. And that's why Mark will undoubtedly rest many starters tomorrow, so he can field a healthy squad on Aug 17.

I've seen Fleeting play against SJ last month. True to the Brit style, you put it on the ground, I'll slide-tackle you. However, fleeting does have this nasty habit of slide-tackling with cleats-up. Took out one of the Brazilians, from behind. Should have been an automatic red, but the CR looked the other way, yet he was right there. Shameful.

Re: "inflict deliberate and unnecessary fouls this season", I lost the little respect I had for the Beast organization when they played SJ last May 18. I wish you could search my posts then, but BS vaporized all of those. Anyway, I saw with my own eyes how Stone ridiculed the PTH autograph-seekers after the game, Hooper flipping the bird to an AR for an offside call (a correct call at that), and the hear-say that Stone flipped the fans (that I didn't see).

And on that particular day, I sat at the opposite section of the stadium, 100 yards away, and I can still hear Stone berating the officials. Faith Rossi and her crew that day just took everything that Stone shoved up their sphincters.

On the field of play in the 2nd half, Bivens deliberately kicked an SJ player twice while the player was on the ground, with the ball trapped between her legs. No foul called. Rossi blew the whistle to award an indirect ball to SJ. Shameful, disgraceful cowardice from an intimidated CR..

near the end of the game, Krispykowski slid into Chastain cleats-up. No foul called by the CR, but Krispykowski broke her arm in the process. Poetic justice if you ask me.

Those were the obvious and dangerous transgressions I remember. I forget what else there were.

So on that particular day, that despicable organization disgracefully treated their opponents, the officials, and the SJ fans.

Now Stone cries wolf against SD. Fell on many deaf ears.

That a player took out one of his players does not surprise me. I'm not surprised at the amount of resentment and vile contempt other clubs have of that despicable organization.

11. judymd

judymd New Member

but how do you really feel? :)