Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Roger that!

2. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Update from Eclipse....

upload_2021-12-1_8-35-55.png

Myxlplk repped this.
  3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Maybe womens soccer should be run by the WTA?

I love how the OIC is just fine with the proof that China has provided but WTA is not.

bluechicago and Ryan7852 repped this.
  4. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
  5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    ECNL, USClub etc...

6. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  7. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    upload_2021-12-3_8-43-56.png

I bet every player comes back next seaon!

It would appear that the leagues consider this okay and part of the sport. Many parents as well.

8. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Well then...
    upload_2021-12-3_9-49-11.png

Myxlplk repped this.
  9. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    Yeah but what about all those girls at Eclipse who are constantly abused verbally??? Where is their justice? Or just quit and move on until the next $$$$ replace them??!!!

10. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Move??? They wont get into college if they just don't suck it up! ECNL is the best platform for college recruiting and the only club in town is....

These snowflakes need to deal with it :eek:

11. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    I sincerely hope that was sarcasm! But in all seriousness, will the coaches there continue to be abusive? Is there anything that can be done? I’m hoping those parents wake up and see the harm that their kids are being put under. It might not manifest itself now, but it will in the future.

12. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My guess is that the coaches will be on their best behavior until august and then back to their old tricks.

13. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Very much so... Mostly because I am not hearing many parents speaking up about this from Eclipse. One woman I know - had a daughter who had issues there. She's now on to college. Mom was so "appauled" when they were there but won't do a damn thing now because she says she doesn't want her player to be adversley impacted.

You get what you pay for.

So yes I was being sarcastic but honestly I think the majority of parents at Eclipse with players who are exposed to this will accept it as part of the deal so that they can get college bucks for their kid. Ultimately they are the most guilty because if they reported it - eventually the league and club would have to do something.

smontrose repped this.
  14. bluechicago

bluechicago Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I will say, Eclipse is very good at team building, the kids are separated from the parents when they travel, they eat as a team, travel as a team, watch other Eclipse games as a team, etc. This leads to very close relationships between the girls, my child's best friends are still girls she played with there that have not played together in a decade, this is a lifetime bond.

Because of this, the parents often do not know all the details. We knew RD was rough, and that some of the other coaches were too, but many things we did not hear about until later, after we left. The UPS bench for example, would have caused me to yank my child immediately. If you were injured, you were told to go sit on the UPS bench with the subs. UPS of course meaning useless pieces of shit. The list of his idiocy goes on and on...

15. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Likely this is enabled from the top. Olympic sport is lucrative to sporting federations and coaches, moreso when successful.
    This RD guy is merely a symptom...
    Elite athletes are a commodity and only those most willing to comply will see advancement from junior(18 and under) to senior level. This includes more than work habits/ethic,also about training in pain, training and playing injured, taking "supplements" without question, and yes, accepting sexual assault. Verbal abuse??? Peanuts...
    Sperating kids from parents... Just another test for the "devoloping" athlete...
    This criteria for compliant young athletes has a lot to do with selections somewhere at higher levels. Wonder why one gets selected, one doesn't? This is more obvious in endurance sports.
    I'm m just saying, it's on parents to wake up

VolklP19 and illinisoccer repped this.
  16. RealChicago

RealChicago Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    May 21, 2018
    Never been disappointed with US soccer and youth soccer as much as I have over the past year.

Not even relating to the story you all have been talking about, but that is just fuel for the fire.

There is no wonder the US hasn't developed any world quality players. Yes the women have been successful but I don't think that dominance is here to stay as other countries develop their women's programs.

17. Concerned

Concerned Member

Fire
    France
    Jun 30, 2018
  18. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Where will they go if they leave NB? Why would they leave? Not a lot of options for facilities.

19. Concerned

Concerned Member

Fire
    France
    Jun 30, 2018
    From what I understand it will not be there choice. Not many players in the program from the north shore and surrounding suburbs, most the local kids at FC United

20. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Didn’t FC United just built a bunch of fields in Vernon Hills?

21. Neko975

Neko975 Member

Red Star
    Serbia
    Jul 4, 2018
    Anyone interested in boys soccer?
    Mls tournament in California

Attached Files:

Fuegofan repped this.
  22. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    So it sounds like Eclipse will just collapse then. Where would all the Oakbrook teams go, Sockers, FCU or just local clubs?

23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yes once they have a location, NB is done. And yes this is all being brushed under the table. Shame on the parents and shame on those pro players for not moving the ball further.

Myxlplk and smontrose repped this.
  24. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Probably West. Not sure the resources there but when you have nothing...

25. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The location is the issue. They currently use 2 lighted turf fields in NB. Not sure where they are going to find that with the competition for fields at Olympic and in Naperville.