Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    The point I was making is that soccer is not spreading it. This is all in response to Hitcat saying something about playing in IN is not safe....hasn't been a problem at all.

2. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    Really? I know the club that owns the field. Ya know Scott? The GK coach for Lions? I know for a fact players have been out for exposure. You think "ok these kids didn't get it from this game" but that truck stop? Subway? McDonalds? Arby's? I work in that area and I know you're all interacting. Quit being simple. So yeah you've played on a field thats had known exposures. In an area that has known sport transfers. But I'm the idiot. Welcome to the middle finger of the south...oh and I'm quarantined because a coworker knew he was around a positive all weekend and told nobody until his buddy popped hot. Now we're all playing the waiting game....
    And Volk as usual, no Sockers didn't shut down for 2 weeks. You're source is trash, quit.

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    @Hitcat... I am not disagreeing with your posts - I clearly stated that I was certain some kids have COVID that were playing there.

Secondly my source is that someone mentioned it here - period which is why I stated...

I *heard* that Sockers may have shut down for 2 weeks as a result of 1 case - maybe someone at Sockers can confirm that

So dial it back there big shooter.

4. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    So your club plays 2 games a day every day for 3 months? Bullshit. 90 days x 2 =180. So actually a bit more. And you travel to Indiana to play Il teams. Let's up our risk...can't help stupid.

illinisoccer repped this.
  5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  6. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    I am on this same board. Who claimed sockers shut down for 2 weeks. Link me and I'll apologize.

7. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Why would I care whether you apologize or not? Do you think I have some sort of emotional investment in you opinion? You want to act like some internet - keyboard tough guy that's on you.

Good luck with that:thumbsup:

8. s0cc3rdad011

s0cc3rdad011 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 4, 2020
    The logic is sound. It's not the match itself that is the issue it's all the other activities that people do while they're down there. My kids former team went down there last weekend and they stayed in hotels and did team dinners etc.. Who knows what they brought with them. Who knows what they picked up when they were there. To Hitcat's point, I think it's wrong that these Illinois folk have such little regard for the risks that NW Indiana residents and businesses are taking-on when they allow these events to take place. Events that literally have 90% Illinois teams in them so host club X can make their $$.

But I guess I'm a minority. My kids team doesn't play games out of state right now and parents are sh*tting their pants about it. They're calling for the coaches head so they can go take advantage of Indy's openness and take/create Covid risks. It's laughable.

And no offense to Volk but it doesn't take much reading to see that he's a Sockers hater lol. To each their own I guess.

9. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    You didn't prove i was wrong. You couldn't as usual prove your bullshit claim. We'll play until the season and beat you like usual BeCaUsE wE sUcK.

10. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  11. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm keeping my Sockers *hate* to DM's - just ask Ryan.

As far as the 2 weeks - a member here - in Sockers, told me that in a DM conversation and if they want to come out and say something they certainly can. That's exactly why I worded it the way I did - in which there was nothing anti-Sockers about. I said the same for Eclipse and if Campton had a case - we'd most likely have to take 2 weeks off. It's a policy - not a club decision. If it was a club decision, I would 100% back it so that others are not impacted.

12. blackandwhitesphere

United States
    Apr 28, 2019
    Listen we are going to get exposures, we are in the middle of a pandemic. Luckily, (and I have a few kids that have been playing non-stop sports in the surrounding states since June), the ones that I know that have been exposed have had very mild symptoms. Because we know seasonal flu kills more children than Covid, (yes I know in very rare instances kids can get that inflammatory response condition). All of the positive ones I know of have been linked to parties. Whether it be a teenage party or family party. I remember at the beginning of this, in March, CDC said 90% of the US population will be exposed before this is over. So whether that is at TGI Fridays, Home Depot, Costco (went to the one on 22nd yesterday and their were 200 people in there), the vast majority will come into contact with this if we haven't already. I hope my kids have been exposed. Better now than in January when they are battling the regular flu, bronchitis, strep, etc.

As for hating on certain clubs, Hitcat, quit being so butthurt about everything. We are a bunch a parents probably a little too wrapped up in our kids soccer. Why else would we be on this forum. If someone wants to rag on a club, what do you care? That's the beauty being on an anonymous forum.

13. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Since you asked....I said CLUB, not team -- it's 25 teams x 4 months x ~2 games/month (some teams have played more and some less) = 200. Why are you even in the thread?

14. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Since you haven't been going down there, you don't know what "we" are doing. Our team goes down, plays a game and leaves. If we have another game that day, we go to a drive-through and maybe pick up something to eat. If we go to a gas station we wear a mask (just like we would anywhere) When the weather was nice, we also packed a lunch and went to a park and everyone sat more than 6 feet apart. No problems. It can be done and our parents believe it's worth taking these steps in order to let the play.

15. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    We did the same in Racine a few weeks back - got some grub at a quick trip and ate in the car. Then we found a wonderful dog park where we hung out for 1.5 hours.

16. TheWkndr

TheWkndr New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    May 8, 2017
    Chicago Burbs
    Dog park? Where?[​IMG]

17. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Caledonia Dog Park - Not fenced in completely but they have some really pretty streams back there that our dog loved!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Funny - we went to the same park....

19. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    Why am I in this thread? When you just admitted to sending at a minimum 275 kids to games in Indiana? Not counting parents? So 550 assuming no subs and 1 parent? Every weekend for 4 months? While saying that we don't know what you're doing, then straight up admitting to doing the very thing we just said you're doing. Enjoy the shutdowns. We're out of control here an order of magnitude above the April shutdowns. I know 10x the amount of people positive. Gotta get another test turns out I was in contact again with another positive literally the day I got a negative test result. Oh and there's a flu thats started up thats nice and horrendous to go with it. Keep on coming to Indiana...We'll see who's right, too bad you won't care until it literally puts you in the ICU. I'm sure my friend with a CP child enjoys knowing you couldn't care any less.

20. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    Should I add? Yeah let's go ahead and add the fact. When uh...when were you guys all playing in Portage at imagination glen? Couple weeks ago? Wierd that their positive cases in Portage LITERALLY DOUBLED from 10/21 - 10/22 but hey what do I know. I'm the idiot. Odd it seems to follow where these IL travelers went. Lowell popping off...Portage popping off. Wierd

21. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Total bollocks

22. Chicagoland Soccer Source

Barca
    United States
    Jan 23, 2018
    Cases in Porter County on 10/23 were 400 (tourney started 10/24)
    Cases in Porter County on 10/24 were 356
    Cases in Porter County on 10/31 were 332
    Cases in Porter County on 11/1 were 436

I'm not a mathematician, but that is not double.

WrmBrnr repped this.
  23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I don't want to jam HiCat but why is your buddy who runs those fields hosting events? Seems like you should be yelling at him.

We spent 12 hours on the road this weekend going back and forth to Indiana for 3 games. We had lunch at a relatives house in Union Pier, MI and filled up our gas once in IN. Other then that we went to the field and got out of the state. I used the porta potty twice and washed my hands every time I came in contact with anything. Hell I may be more careful in these situations then at home with the neighbors.

I saw one asshat right wing nut with no facemask from Crystal Lake Force - I know this person and I know where they lean in terms of their politics.

24. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why you gotta get political:ROFLMAO:

25. s0cc3rdad011

s0cc3rdad011 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 4, 2020
    Little Timmy and Sally got to play in a tournament! So great that they won the 2rd division where they played their neighbor clubs back home! Let's all make sure to tell Hitcat what he/she is experiencing everyday with covid in his/her NWI community to justify our plastic trophy! Shameful. Facts and statistics aside, this person is living in it. Gives them more credibility than us Illinois drive-ins.

My kid played another game against some other players in their club and it was fine. Played it at the local park in the west burbs on a nice relatively new, albeit frost-covered, field. Coaches controlling the area to make sure subs were masked and distanced. Parents were outside the fence that goes around the field. Ended 3-1 but it was a good matchup. Mixed age. Kid's all competed hard. Winning team all smiles after the game. Losing team, including my kid, not sp happy. Angry parents all over. The game after us was younger players in Halloween costumes having a blast. Felt like any other Halloween weekend of soccer pre-covid. For a smaller club I give them tons of credit for the way they've handled things. They have to be getting shelled by the angry mob demanding travel every weekend.

Saw on Twitter that what seems to be everyones least favorite club in this forum played some girls teams against boys and scouts from US Soccer attended. Guess it just goes to show that there's more than one way to skin a cat, but also that you don't need to go anywhere to get a good game and exposure even during covid.