Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Eclipse is playing in WI and IN. FCU is playing in both as well - ECNL/GA and MRL teams. Windy City, Raptors, ELA, Campton, Evolution, Chicago United, Lockport and a few more are and have been playing.

Raptors in particular have had a ton of matches since Illinois shut down - mostly in Indiana. ELA and FCU are participating in nearly every tourney in the surrounding states with at least a few teams - along with Evolution.

2. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this blue koolaid starting to taste funny...:cry:

3. Sherpa

Sherpa New Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Do you mean that Sockers is playing intra-club games on Saturday's, meaning games between two different Sockers' teams or within a pool?

Inter = in this context would mean between different clubs.
    Intra = would mean within the same club

Ditto when using inter or intra in the context of leagues, but I think you are referring to play within the club not within a league.

4. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    Intra squad scrimmages on Saturday’s between the pool(s) they break out that last for four weeks.

Recent email suggests they’re going to change this up next week and have pools play other pools. Not sure how that plays out.

5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Lots of Illinois teams heading to Wisconsin this weekend.

https://www.afcunion.com/lighthouse

For those of you wondering - this event does have a sanctioning body (US Club) and is properly insured. :thumbsup:

6. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Crystal Lake Force, ELA, Evolution, Raptors, Campton & Inferno are scheduled for many games/tourneys in Indiana and Wisconsin.

Some other news...

Strikers waived all fees for Fall - pretty cool.

Raptors girls (rumoured) to be getting an ECNL badge. If so, frankly I think that's a knock on the ECNL as they do not have the credentials that clubs in the past have had. But I guess that's what happens when you have three "exclusive" leagues in Illinois. :rolleyes:

7. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Far enough from Oak Brook I suppose :sneaky:

8. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah... There was on 05 player who was going from Rockford to OB last season. I spoke with her dad in MI during a SuperY game - she was playing for Force. Frankly I think that's the longest drive I've ever heard of and absolutely insane!

9. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    I hate Rockford and I hope that means they will drop the fields there for non ecnl events.

10. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Sports Score 1 and 2?

That's a nice country drive for us.

11. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    So just wondering - anyone have any news on MCL for Illinois First Divisions? Does the league intend to run them this Spring?

12. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Our team is playing 3 MWC first division games next weekend (in IN). But it seems like the league isn't helping with this and our director has had to work hard to get these games scheduled. And, as we know, some clubs are refusing to play out of state. If we win them all, I sure hope they promote us to Premier II where teams are treated like human beings.

Regista repped this.
  13. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Campton is doing the same - expectation is 10 games. Coaches are realizing that like school - this format is making the kids less interested and very frustrated.

Really sad if MWC is just going to do nothing. How hard is it to get refs and posts scores?

I agree! Those teams/clubs who are not playing - head to qualifiers IMO.

14. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    What clubs are refusing out of state games?

This is the first that I heard first div Illinois mwc games are being scheduled. That’s a positive.

some qualifiers are playing in Hammond at Purdue northwest campus.

at least nothing In Rockford. Haha

15. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    Fire and Sockers for sure...

16. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    and Northwind

17. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Who said scheduled? I think coaches and coaches are just lining these up. MCW explicitly said they would not do jack shit- they simply are not dealing with it.

Unless that's changed.

18. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I know a good deal of girls are getting a bit down because they are not playing games. Parents as well. Seems like JB should have just shut the boarders to outside clubs and let us play within the States with strict guidlines.

In any case - I am glad we are playing games and we'll be extra safe.

19. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    TinyClub repped this.
  20. SoccerPop314

SoccerPop314 Member

Fire
    United States
    Apr 24, 2020
    Gosh I hope JB doesn’t use this against the poor kids. It’s a freaking bar with a volleyball court. I’m sure it wasn’t the freaking game but rather the drinking and tomfoolery before and afterwards.

PosessionFootball repped this.
  21. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    I wrote above: Our team is playing 3 MWC first division games next weekend (in IN).

22. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    He won't because that will mean his daughter may have to stop her polo games.

23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    But are you saying that MWC is santioning, organizing and managing them? I was told the exact opposite about a 3 weeks ago.

24. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wouldn’t put anything past him. He has grabbed random incidents and uses them as justification for his guidelines. We will see how the court case goes this morning. That may empower other organizations to open up against the governors wishes

25. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    The IHSA court case? Parents throwing a lawsuit at IHSA is like me taking the pizza delivery kid to court for delivering an un-cooked pie.