Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have known plenty of A coaches who had the license but were terrible. I cut a lot of slack of coach’s license due to their ridiculous cost. Some people just can’t afford an A.

2. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    without a doubt

3. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MRL is out. Volk we will finally meet in person. The yellow division is going to be fun.

4. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Some things that make no sense at all...

- Inter Black in Prem I?
    - Lyons Township & Embrook in Prem II - Absolutely no way - they will get get killed!
    - Sockers in MRL is great but why no qualifiers?

I think the division is shitty lncolnpk.

Cluv V Club has destroyed MRL based on what I am looking at.

5. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always with the negative waves. Lmao. I only have two more years of travel soccer and just going to enjoy it when my daughter plays. Her goal was to make it to MRL colors. Goal achieved and I am happy for her.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  6. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    Soccers GA2 teams seem to have bypassed any qualification phase and joined MRL in first divisions. hmmm

7. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    What did I say is not true though?

8. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    They bring down part time DA players to help out - not a great team but better then qualifiers. IMO they should have been placed just above qualifiers. The fact they are in the 1st division and that Lyons is in Prem II is insane.

9. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Looks like an IWSL AB division

10. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is pretty insulting.

11. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Could not agree more - and it really is - maybe even B. All in the name of "elite" soccer.

Prem I and Prem II were pretty good - at least the games I saw. But now they are AB.

12. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Well I agree frankly... My oldest daughter played with the Magic 98/97 team that Sockers wanted badly - which is one of the reasons they grabbed Magic North. That team was an A team and would wipe the floor with any team I have seen in Prem II or lower - I mean wipe the entire floor! It would not even be close.

ECNL/GA/Club v Club have drawn out all the talented teams completely. Prem I would be the old AB and Prem II and First Divisions would be a mix of A/B and B based on what youth soccer (on the girls side) looked like in 2009/2010.

I mean Lyons Township in Prem II??? In what world would that ever happen?

I wonder if the rest of MRL is in this boat - my guess is yes since they totally f***** it all up with Club v Club.

13. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    What age group are you guys talking about? U15? The U14 groups are still ok given that they don't have club v club...
    Premier should remain the best - if a team qualifies for Premier they should stay there regardless of whether their club is in club v club....the current system waters down ALL of the divisions.....

14. justlearning

justlearning New Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Re: MRL... Is FC Alliance now part of Chicago Inferno?

Regista repped this.
  15. BiggJ

BiggJ New Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Illinois

While I agree that Club vs Club waters down the rest of the MRL levels, I think at the end of the day, it all becomes the same at the top. C vs C winners will play Prem1 winners for right to go to Regionals. Everyone else just gets slightly elevated.

16. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    FC Alliance folded. All the teams went to Inferno who now practices at The Mac. PM is a staff coach for Inferno and I believe The Mac is under new Management.

Regista repped this.
  17. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yes but it would have been better had they folded the CvC concept after the DA clearly was not interested and kept what they already have. There are not enough talented players/teams for this many elite programs. Like I said Lyons Township in PremII and Inter Black in PremI. Those were first division teams. Lyons was mid pack but now they are Prem II?

Idiots!

18. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Keep in mind that club v club will be a "watered down" division too...not all of teams in club v club deserve being in ANY of the MWC divisions let alone one of the top divisions....while it's true the best team(s) will go on to the regionals, it's not going to be good for anyone to have 10-0 games on a routine basis...

DadYoureSuchADork repped this.
  19. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    So much for #EarnYourPlace ...I noticed they seem to have stopped using that...

VolklP19 repped this.
  20. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sorry to insult the IWSL AB division.

21. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    TC 06 was recently was a qualifier/first div team and is now club v club. Track that

22. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    Seems like with the pandemic and lack of any actual resemblance of a real season to figure things out they're just throwing everything at the wall to get games in and let teams make a jump to see if they can hang. Just going to have to see where the pieces fall after. Still haven't "officially" heard anything from Sockers boys. Just enjoying the NISL Select for now.

23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Its a load of crap.

24. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  25. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you get off on making fun of 15 yr old girls?