Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    WORD!

Ryan7852 repped this.
  2. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did what the Fire wanted to do a couple of years ago.

Btw, I just got notification that Galaxy is having a their friendlies in Aug and Campton moved their tournament To the last weekend in Aug

Super Y is holding a tournament in Elgin at the end of this month.

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    We got a notice of freindlies last night as well. 6-9 games likely in July.

Hope we can have our tourney - I imagine many local clubs will be interested. Fingers crossed.

4. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. Prepare for the Blue wrath!

5. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    Chicago Inter hosting tournament late August. Heard of friendlies for a number of West suburb clubs in July. Teams practicing also with new players in July prior to August start for Midwest league.

VolklP19 repped this.
  6. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    What's the thoughts on NISL Select this new season? Last I heard they were revamping it and pushing Id2. With b1keeper down from covid for the foreseeable future, I'm debating it for keeper work.

7. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    We have many friendlies scheduled with Inter and are planning on hosting MidWest Cup in late August as well - which would be interesting in many cases but I think there is enough teams looking to play that both events will be packed.

8. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Heard this week that Sockers on the girls side were charged for July training and many parents are not happy about that - especially since the credit amount was so small it was more of an insult.

How is that when they laid off 90% of their staff right from the start?

9. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    CSA asked the Park District to waive fees for some of their game schedules - they said no. Heard that coaches are not being paid and some are looking for other work.

Such a shame :D

10. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    The phase 3 training was free and they aren't (as far as I know) doing the normal "boot camp". Still s****y on the "discount" bull. Only saw 3 07b keepers which is abysmal considering the summer program aka skills and 7v7 includes the goalie summer program too which has like 20 across girls/boys. Struck me as wierd.

11. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    The 06 girls were charged for July. Camp starts next week.

12. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    Everyone charged for July.

June was “free” training. A continuation that was in super small groups until 3rd week of June.

July billed as a separate training. I agree, should have been included as make up.

13. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    We all were. Better than csa though right? Invite the blue wave to your tournament love ;)

14. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Crystal Lake, PR & Cary-Grove just got IHSA guidelines for opening. Honestly even if high school learning was at home - they could still manage most sports less football where I don't think parents could manage to control themselves when it comes to social distancing.

15. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    We have your former top girls coaches from Sockers - I am sure they still chat with coaches in your neck of the world. When we became Sockers we did play MidWest Cup but it seems too me that the non GA girls teams @ Sockers are not doing many meaningful tourneys anylonger so it's probably on you guys to initiate. Plenty of coaches by you I would love too see but who knows how these early tourneys will look. Our friendlies start this Saturday vs Inter and we are only allowing 1 parent per game.

CSA probably won't last if soccer gets shut down again. Can't afford park district fees and not paying coaches is not a good sign.

16. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have a referee license, check your status. A glitch at USSF accidentally suspended a whole bunch of people.

17. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Have to think their email box is going to be flooded with anger messages. I completed mine in March but got that note today.

18. TinyClub

TinyClub Member

Jul 11, 2019
    The USSF will call that a feature not a glitch. They're likely having an emergency meeting to see if they can find a way to make money off of this.

lncolnpk repped this.
  19. Soccer66

Soccer66 New Member

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 13, 2020
  20. Chicagoland Soccer Source

Barca
    United States
    Jan 23, 2018
  21. Soccer66

Soccer66 New Member