Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    #3976 VolklP19, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Scroll down to post #15... Oh and this kid has been doing martial arts for 10 years. Chicago Soccer Academy should have banned her for the season - maybe even removed her from the club. No way this is an isolated incident - players is a liability I would not want.

Added an update - 6. Stuart Sports Complex admits to not checking for valid insurance - I was sent a letter by the the FVParks Attorney stating I have no grounds to sue - even before I said anything about that.

2. SoccerPop314

SoccerPop314 Member

Fire
    United States
    Apr 24, 2020
    I just read the thread about it. Holy hell. That’s crazy. Not that my daughter would ever do something like that but at the first dirty move, I would jump off the sideline and pull my daughter off the field and she wouldn’t be allowed to play again for a long time and apologized for the unsportsmanlike conduct. But wow! Thanks for pointing me to that.

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    4 training session slated for next week @ Campton. They are only 45 minutes each because they have to get everyone in... Takes me longer to get there then practice but hey - I'm okay with that! :)

CornfieldSoccer repped this.
  4. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  5. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    #3981 Regista, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Club vs club. Permanent? Other local clubs will partake in Prem 1/2 etc and vie for additional spots at the national level. This is a prestigious start for the IL clubs listed.

Wonder if it changes year by year? Forces clubs to value top to bottom development..
    Assume this is logistically easier for clubs and allows for scouting opps.

Is this a consortium ala ECNL or can a club apply? hmmmm

The standards-based Midwest Conference Club vs. Club Divisions will include 14 girls clubs for the Fall 2020 season, with the clubs split into two brackets within each age group. The Midwest Conference will hold Club vs. Club competition in the 15U through 19U Girls age groups, and the corresponding boys competition will take place in the Spring 2021 season.

Midwest Conference Girls Club vs. Club Division | Fall 2020 Brackets

Bracket A Bracket B
    Chicago Inter Soccer (IL) Nationals (MI)
    Team Chicago (IL) Michigan Jaguars (MI)
    Lou Fusz Athletic (MO) FC United (IL)
    Sporting STL (MO) Libertyville FC 1974 Elite (IL)
    St. Louis Scott Gallagher (MO) SC Wave (WI)
    Midwest United FC (MI) Madison 56ers (WI)
    Sporting Omaha (NE) North Shore United (WI)

6. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  7. AJ124

AJ124 New Member

Jan 13, 2020
  8. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
  9. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Peter Richardson let him go. Dad has a stake in Sockers as he is a founding member - sort of sketchy eh? I remember when DD created Inferno - that guy took in a boat load of upset parents from Sockers with really great players on both the boys and girls side. One of the reasons Eclipse went after DD was to get the 03 team - most of who came out of Sockers.

10. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Long time but definitely not a founding member.

11. Evos

Evos Member

Liverpool
    Poland
    Apr 15, 2020
    not sure who you are referring to with DD but the DD that I’m thinking of didn’t create Inferno.
    My understanding is :
    Inferno was already a small club, he brought in a bunch of kids that played for free or very minimal fee while the rest of suckers paid full price.
    After about 2 years the club ran out of money so the same group went to Eclipse to play for free until recently free rides feel apart & coach left.

but in general I think you will see a lot of mergers because of the Covid-19 financial fallout

12. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Hmm... He owns a stake tho right? I thought he brought some of the first boys teams to the club.

13. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I thought DD started that. Guess not. I do know they were paying for shoes and giving out free kits :confused:

14. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Not sure of the ownership. He had a team of all stars that he brought over to Sockers that included his son. The first year the team stayed together as did the incumbent Sockers team. They combined the kids the second year and the team won nationals soon after.

15. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got June schedule... not sure how many parents restricting kids from participating but bottom line , a significant percentage not participating or not returning, not able to return...
    On the bright side, after the destruction of our country as we know it is complete at least a state run athletics system will make our futbol great success... just like mother russia!

17. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    What - parents dont want their kids back??? Every parent I know will be celebrating in the parking lots together when we start back up tomorrow.

I really dont get what you are saying at all here.

18. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm saying some parents may have their kids in bubbles until the mythical vaccine is ready!

19. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    You're talking for the June practices - that’s not indicative of who is coming back in fall. Two separate things.

20. SoccerPop314

SoccerPop314 Member

Fire
    United States
    Apr 24, 2020
    totally agree. I’m fairly liberal and take covid seriously but I think folks did a great job of getting through the spring and letting the experts learn as much as they could. However, in our village, kids are playing with each other as usual. Big groups, small groups, wrestling with each other, travel baseball practices, etc. I think all but the most concerned parents are ready to let kids play organized or unorganized activities at the normal pre-covid levels. They are being pretty careful themselves but I think the ship has sailed on kids. when my daughter watches girls from other states on Instagram playing 3v3 and 4v4 or training 1v1...its starting to create a lot of jealousy and sadness that she isn’t able to. I think it’s time for IL youth soccer to let kids step out of their 10 by 10 cone square and take some parential approved risks.

21. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It has been 7 days. They can work on skills and drills a little longer. At the field I have been to there are tons of academy, D1 and even European pros. They all have no problem working on skills and conditioning in small groups to prepare for their season. The only issue has been adults that are upset when their pickup games get shutdown.

22. SoccerPop314

SoccerPop314 Member

Fire
    United States
    Apr 24, 2020
    Most kids that are passionate About soccer and self motivating have been doing these drills for months. It hasn’t been just 7 days. There isn’t any consistency right now throughout the state between different sports. And obviously nothing consistent within soccer across different states. I guess there are pros to having a Uber regulated sport like club soccer and their are downsides as well.

Evos repped this.
  23. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    I’m surprised my prior post got no responses. Or has this become an eclipse and soccers only
    Forum.

Creating a club vs club invitation only Midwest
    League which I assume could change yearly is a pryamid which allows for top level competition and scouting opps

Unless you guys think this is watered down league?

To me who has an elite level player at u13 this gives me hope beyond Oakbrook

24. TinyClub

TinyClub Member

Jul 11, 2019
    All of the U13 girls at my daughter's club are back. No one held out.

SoccerPop314 repped this.