Changes to engine

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by John_Harkes_6, Dec 9, 2005.

1. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Holy crap did this game just get a lot more confusing. Maybe it will be simplier when ti goes lvie but I am thoroughly confused about the new youth system right now.

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    holy hell. the new youth system sounds confusing.

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    this looks good... I'm getting that your youth pull will have a set skill but based on how much u invest in "intensive training sessions" you can increase that skill like you would modify a created player in a sport game.

ie.

youth pull is

mediocre batting
    strong bowling
    feeble stamina

you might use several intensive sessions to increase his stamina and batting right away w/ out any net sessions.

I love the idea of the pitch... flexibility and funding... w/ good management you'll be able to beat teams better than you.

4. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way I read it, we'll have a little more control over the skills on the YPs coming out of our system. As long as it's balanced reasonably, I really like it.

I don't really care for the need to make periodic repairs... I'd rather be able to specify a maintenance level, then it would work similar to how it is now (i.e. pick a funding level and forget about it).

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    what I'm confused about is whether we'll be able to stop funding it? can we do that? get it to superb and leave it alone till it needs repairs? or is it fund it up to superb and maintain it and then kick out extra funds to repair it when isht happens?

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oooh... almost forgot I love that they'll be allowing us to set the field a bit now, but the best addition, one that was missing was the availability of a 6th bowler now.

That helps teams w/ low stamina and benefits teams who have more rounded players.