Champions League Watching Party for Arsenal-Villarreal on Wed.

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Kevin Lindstrom, Apr 18, 2006.

1. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    That's how I remember it. I recall being awfully buzzed with a extra "I can't believe I just watched a World Cup match live" high while watching the chase and having one of the more surreal experiences of my life.

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there.

9 guys named Muhammed.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Saudi Arabia-Sweden game was the 2nd round game that Dallas hosted.

I think this was the order

1st Round...
    Spain v South Korea (2-2)
    Nigeria v Bulgaria (3-0)
    Germany v South Korea (3-2)
    Argentina v Bulgaria (0-2)

2nd Round...
    Sweden v South Korea (3-1??? Something like that)

Quarterfinal...
    Brazil v Holland (3-2)

Since I was 9 and my brother was 6, my Dad took us to the games and we only had 2 tickets to each. I was at the Spain-South Korea and the Germany-South Korea. Korea came back against Spain and almost against a German team that totally fried in the Texas sun. My dad and my brother went to Nigeria-Bulgaria where he subsequently got sick and couldn't stay (his only WC game). Then they were suppose to go to Argentina-Bulgaria but Dad had to work late. Dad took his friend to Sweden-Saudi. And it would have been my brother's turn since he only went to one game but my dad came down with broncidis (sp?) and no one got to go. In a way its good because looking back now, if my brother who doesn't care about soccer now would have got to go to that game, THE game of the tournament in our own backyard (how many people get that in their lives) and I missed out...I would be livid. But thats life...

4. Valknut

Valknut Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Frisco, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinnsman scored with his back to the goal and it was 130+ degrees in the lower bowl. It was the ONLY time I have ever been too hot to drink beer ... I repeat TOO HOT TO DRINK BEER! :eek: