Champions League Game Viewing in SAN FRANCISCO???

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Gunner Phan, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can go tomorrow to watch the Arse v. PSV game in downtown SF? Preferably near the Moscone Ctr?

Thanks in advance.

GP

2. muhardom

muhardom New Member

Mar 1, 2005
    New York
    I watched the world cup final at an Irish bar that I can't remember the name of on the other side of Market. It was on Bush a few blocks towards the embarcadero from Stockton. It's down this tiny alley like street...man i know this is terrible directions. But if you head up to bush from 3rd street right or left on Bush (sorry) a block or two in this cobblestone alley. But I'm sure the mad dog in the fog (530 Haight (at Fillmore) Tel: (415) 626-7279) has it on and it's right off of market on Haight a bus up market, the 6 I think but check the map, goes there or it's a 15 minute cab ride about $12.
    I'm out there on next week on thursday through the weekend. You gonna be there?

Just call me if you have any questions tomorrow. I'll be around

3. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The mad dog seems to be where everybody in SF goes for games, that and the Kezar pub. I think they're either the same place or just the same owners.

http://myspace.com/maddogsf

4. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mad Dog will have it, and I believe you're correct that Kezar and Mad Dog are owned by the same people now. They may charge entry - it depends on the match.

As far as other places are concerned, there aren't a ton of reliable ones that get Setanta. I believe muhardom may be referring to "The Irish Bank." Here's their website w/ a phone number on it. They're at 10 Mark Lane off of Bush.

5. muhardom

muhardom New Member

Mar 1, 2005
    New York
    yeah it was totally the Irish Bank. Thanks!

6. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    thanks guys!

7. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem. Have fun!

I'll be at my desk here in North Beach hitting reload on the match thread.... :rolleyes:

8. muhardom

muhardom New Member

Mar 1, 2005
    New York
    yep me too.
    i like your avatar. I saw Gob on a plane once. Shorter than you'd think. 5'7"

9. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I thought he was tall. His IMDB bio says 6'2". Maybe it's a typo. :p

10. muhardom

muhardom New Member

Mar 1, 2005
    New York
    i'm 5 11 and i stood right next to him and he was definitely shorter than me by 3 inches. It was in a plane but we we're both standing up.

11. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    yeah all this talk about GOB is real interesting, but can someone shoot down to the Balazito Car Wash taco stand and fed ex me a Chicken Burrito to NY? Thanks in advance.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i know it's too late now, but you should have gone to Chieftain Irish pub (5th Street and Howard, right on the corner). I was there yesterday for the Chelsea game. They have decent food and decent atmosphere.

13. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Yeah, but the Chieftain is shit.

If it's not owned by a rugby loving Liverpool supporting Irishman, I won't watch European sport in it. ;)

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    well, they had plenty of Pool supporters yesterday, but surprisingly, were outyelled by Barca supporters.

15. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Kezar was packed today. I was surprised. And who had the most fans? Bayern Munich of all teams.

16. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been to the Chieftain before, but I've driven by there a number of times. Usually while parking for the Metreon. I'll have to check it out sometime.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    yep, 1 block from Metreon.