Champions League broadcast question

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Justin O, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Does anyone know if ESPN will be showing Man Utd. - Panathanaikos "for their international audience only" after Real Madrid - Panathanaikos? I'm going to try and watch both matches. I'll see one live and one on tape, but I'm not sure in which order. What I want to avoid is hearing the score for the game I haven't seen yet. If they're showing Man Utd - Panathanaikos for international audiences only, I suppose they won't give the score of that game during the Real Madrid game so i should be safe.

Does that sound right?

2. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    I don't think that can happen. You think Panathanaikos can play at the Bernabeau then immediately at Old Trafford, on the SAME MATCHDAY?

If you mean Real Madrid - Marseilles, then you are walking on thin ice.

ESPN Latin America usually avoids giving out the score on the match immediately following the live telecast, i.e. the one at 13:45 PT. In this case it's Milan x Ajax. However, the Man U x Panathinaikos will be broadcasted at 21:00 PT. The announcers may or may not give out the score during the RM/OM game. There will also be score updates on a graphic box. Sometimes it's worse. They show the goals of the other games. One thing to avoid for sure: the scores of the other games during the RM/OM post-game.

The best way to watch CL games:

Tape all the games on different tapes, play the tapes all at once on multiple VCRs, watch them on multiple TVs at, in this case, 23:00 PT. Run the tapes without FF. It gives you the feeling of a sports bar. You'll also avoid getting spoiled, because when a score update about Man U/Panathinaikos is given during the RM/OM game, you would have already seen the goal on the other tape.

3. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Re: Re: Champions League broadcast question

With Man Utd - Panathanaikos not being shown immediately afterwards, it sounds to me like I'm screwed.
    :(