Champions league and Europa league thread (General)

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by wilson00, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, Feyenoord left it until late to eke out a win over the Kosovo team. They were lucky that Brita screwed up on a couple of break aways or it would have been lights out. The team has a lot of holes and I'm not sure Slot can fix things this season.

2. Don't rush into conclusions for the season. The main additions arenot on the pitch or so way behind in fitness (Alirezah) that this match isnot a true gauche. I didnot see the first match and only the last ten minutes of the first half and the last 35 minutes of the second half.
    What baffled me was the leakage in the defense (Fer anyone:mad:). From what I read about the first match Feyenoord was tight closed in the back then. So how on earth were they leaking like the riverbanks in Belgium, Germany and the South of the Netherlands after last week's torrent rains?
    I didnot see the two goals by Drita, but it seems both were the fault of Fer. If it was as bad as the three moments I saw he was culpable of free runs towards Bijlow, I'm glad we will have that Austrian ready for the CD spot.
    Anyway, Til already paid off a major part of his transfer fee with that hattrick.

3. How many points did we gather for the Coefficiency rating?
    Hope Vitesse and AZ gather alot of points too in their upcoming confrontations to get into the pools phase of the EL.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  5. Just dreaming ....:inlove:
    How many points will be gathered if Feyenoord would win the Conference League, AZ and Vitesse battle it out in the EL Final and PSV and Ajax in the CL Final:p

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Wikipedia website gives you the answer though it's pretty complicated. I would love to see your scenario happen!!! Let's put Dutch football back on the map.

7. Minds would blow up in Europe .... and the rest of the world:ROFLMAO:

8. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Well done by PSV yesterday. The sixth place of Portugal starts to get in sight.

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Must say this is pretty good PSV team and with a good bench as well. This is what you wanna see in team. Madueke will become a house hold name in future.

10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    As an England fan. How good do u think madueke can be?

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    given the status of Mason Mount both in chelsea and Engalnd after jumping from eredivisie, I would say he could be upgrade to sako, foden and even sancho (speed only) on that right flank. he has flashes of Robben . speed and cutting in from the right and going for that outside curler.

depends to where he next move will be.

roverman repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like it'll be PSV-Benfica in the final round

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Need Feyenoord and Vitesse to step up this week in the ECL.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Feyenoord get it done today but Vitesse cannot even defeat an Irish team at home. Not a good way to start as they also concede two away goals.

15. Luckily the double count is binned.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is this the season that the away goals rule has been changed?

17. yup.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @feyenoordsoccerfan - that's good news for Ajax as they were bounced out on away goals recently.

19. Yeah, the good things arrived a season too late;)

20. Voetbal International published in this week's edition the UEFA coeff. situation.
    Wow. Portugal is going to lose an epic season with 10 000 points while we're "losing" (more like get rid of it:D) a disaster season with a painful 2000 points.
    If we're lucky and Benfica gets kicked out of the CL qualifiers (not likely) we can jump over Portugal next season.
    If both PSV and Benfica hop into the next round, it's up to PSV to deal a double blow to Portugal. First taking in the two direct confrontations Portugal's points and second prevent them to gather with Benfica more points for the season.

GO PSV, GO!

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They can't both hop into the next round because PSV will be Benfica's next opponent, so one of them has to crash out

Orange14 repped this.
  22. That was what I refer to. Both PSV and Benfica still have to qualify for the next round against each other. Both are just halfway.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  23. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    The Danes are unable to attempt something, PSV doesn't really try in the first half.

For the coefficient it will be good if they can nick a goal.

24. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    PSV through the next round. A 1-0 winner playing Away to Midtjylland. :thumbsup: