Champions league and Europa league thread (General)

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by wilson00, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    As an aside. That nasty Brych will become the referee with the most CL matches in history this week :mad:

And how such clown as Turpin keeps on being selected is also something

2. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Let's hope Bayern and Barcelona will be out... Also good for Frenkie his rest.

3. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That was a great through ball by Busquets... De Jong can't execute such stuff.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Glad to see Chelsea thoroughly humiliated and that they got a VAR call against them. Couldn't happen to a 'better' team.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  5. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agreed. It was already extremely obvious in the groups phase that they were not anywhere near good enough to be in the knockout round. Needed massive luck and help from refs to get any type of result against Valencia or Ajax in both games.

6. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    AZ terrible and an Ajax b-team thanks to injury about to get blasted out too.
    What a disgrace, Getafe. Stalling since the 1st minute as expected. Since the Ajax goal there has been almost no football the last 10 minutes. Just endless Getafe stalling and fake injuries.

7. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What I don’t understand is how refs can continue to allow this? They know Getafe’s reputation and the stats from the last game (2nd least actual playing time ever) - yet they continue to let it happen. By any altercation the ref punishes both parties, this is playing completely into the hands of Getafe. If refs took the rules seriously teams like Getafe wouldn’t be able to do what they do.

8. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I gotta say this ref is right on top of things. If we had had him in the other games vs Valencia and Getafe things could have been different. Now I think it’s unfortunately too late. Lets see if he actually adds on ~10 minutes stoppage time - that is what should happen both halves.

9. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wtf is with Schuurs and that suicide lateral ball? That is the 3rd time he has played that ball to cause a counter (like the one that became 2-0 in Madrid). It doesn’t matter how much he improves as a defender, if he doesn’t stop doing that shit he will never make it.

10. https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...d-had-ongekend-coefficientenseizoen~af78be3b/
    Ook plaats voor optimisme: Nederland had ongekend coëfficiëntenseizoen

Ajax en AZ zagen gisteravond pijnlijk hun Europese avonturen als een nachtkaars uitgaan. Desondanks was het een goed jaar voor Nederland in Europa. De laatste seizoenen werden er nooit zo veel punten gepakt als dit seizoen. Dit is hoe we het dit jaar hebben gedaan.

Jeffrey van der Maten 28-02-20, 11:41 Laatste update: 11:45

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Spurs and Valencia are out of the CL today. I cannot say that I am sad about this!!!:thumbsup:

DutchFanatic repped this.
  12. I's a rewarding evening. The club I hate to pieces Totally Hotshits with their shithead Vertonghen crash out of the CL.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well it wasn't Vertonghen's fault as he did not play!;)

14. :D
    Never mind, as long as he doesnot play anymore in the CL. I really want to see those Hotshits relegated, but I guess I've got to be patient.

15. It was like seeing Ramos face when Real crashed out. Helpless.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm supporting Dortmund right now.

17. Yeah, seems one of the clubs still to like.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    AZ play a first round qualifier today against Czech team Plzen. I may be wrong, but I read this is a knockout game with no return match. Pressure is on AZ to step up. If they lose they are out of Europe all together.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    AZ got really lucky with a penalty call at the death to even the score in regular time. Gudmundsson got two goals in extra time to send them through to the next round. I was not impressed with their play.

20. wynaldaisagod

wynaldaisagod Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Aug 9, 2019
    Rules changed a few years ago: the losers transfer to Europa League.

With this win, AZ is guaranteed at least EL group stages. They need to win 2 more rounds to get into the CL GS. That would be MASSIVE for the Netherlands.

21. Good to jump this one. AZ simply atm had too much to bother with players returning from injury and on top of that the haphazard preparation caused by covid. Now they have more time to make the next move in the preparations to get Stengs and Boadu up to their normal levels.

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Here's the extended highlight from AZ match....

Seems like both teams had some decent chances, and could have won it. The penalty claim (handball) from the opposing team looked legit. Also, for a LB/defender, Wijndal had a pretty good share of clips in the highlight... several nice combinations with Idrissi. Wijndal for Oranje!!!

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Next round in the CL qualifying is also a one game knockout. AZ travel to play Dinamo Kiev and it will be tough for them. Benfica host PAOK of Greece. If Benfica are knocked out, Ajax go into Pot 2 of the group draw.

24. Not an opponent I wanted in this haphazard preparation situation caused by covid.
    AZ are far away from being ready for serious matches.

Orange14 repped this.
  25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is also not helped by these stupid NT matches that are coming up. It would have been better had UEFA just cancelled them.