Cfc-net.co.uk

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by guddy69, Oct 23, 2003.

1. guddy69

guddy69 New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    london
    I RESPONDED TO THIS FIRST LETTER WITH MY REPLY(AT THE BOTTOM)AND WAS SENT AN EMAIL SAYING"WE DONT WANT TO GET INTO A SLAGGING MATCH" WHY WAS THIS PERSON ALLOWED TO POST WHEN YOU CANNOT RESPOND??

If Arsene Wenger had spent over a 100 million pre season & said we had no chance of the title he would have been a laughing stock!! so why should it be any different for Claudio??? Arsene has had no money at all & yet whilst admitting his job will be harder has said we will do everything we can to reclaim our crown. At Highbury on saturday the Chelsea team I saw playing was a shadow of the capable Chelsea team of last season. yes you lost at our place last year but the performance was so much better than that of sat. It was obvious that you needed some new players, Joe Cole, Damian Duff, Mutu & Crespo are excellent additions but that was really all you needed for the time being!! I can't stand all this rubbish about it taking time for the team to build, after all who's fault is that???? you had the best season for a few years last time because of consistency with the team selection, now he has lost all idea about who to pick. Two years back we bought six players in an inflated market for around 27 million, those players do not compare at all to the quality of players you have bought, so why was we able to win the double that season, if it takes so long for them to settle in?? Its just excuses, your defence looked better last year & before anyone says you had injuries at Highbury I accept that but what about Besiktas, the truth is Wayne Bridge in particular has looked poor, Bridge is certainly looking a fish out of water since leaving southampton. The excuses have got to stop, after all you will sign more players before next season, so going by yours & your managers logic you will have no chance of winning the title then either!! I cant wait to visit the bridge in feb so I can laugh some more!!

Contributor: Geoff Rhodes - Published: 21/10/2003 15:35:27

Hello Geoff any luck in Europe? Are you top of your group?

I am Really looking forward to arsenal coming to Stamford bridge, do you think you will get a lucky rebound and our goalie will drop a clanger again? Like yours did yesterday? I don’t think we were a shadow of the team we were last year tonight were we? And we have not even gelled yet!!… see you in February

2. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    I used to admire Arsenal. I really admired Arsene Wenger and the way he went there and changed the culture in the changing room.

Things have changed there. Its a caustic culture of victory. You can see it in the posts from Arsenal fans. You can see it in Wenger in his postmatch comments, always whinging about the referee or an opponent diving in the box.

Winning and success should bring a level of class and dignity to a person or an organisation. In the case of Chelsea, we haven't won anything to speak of (except the lottery). But having won that, we the fans, don't go around flashing it in everyone's faces.

Sure, its great to be struggling along with a makeshift team, only one point off the top of the league and top of our champs league group, but I wouldn't bring that up in a post in the Arsenal forum, just to have a laugh at the fact that they can't beat eggs in Europe.

3. guddy69

guddy69 New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    london
    I was in the pub for the arsenal chelsea game and the arsenal fans could not believe it when we scored to catch up, they got a second lucky goal after that and you should have heard them.. my best mate supports arsenal, but the fans are so arrogant (and so fat!) ..i really hope the chelsea supporters dont get like that its really sad..