Central Asia

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by English_Gent, Apr 19, 2007.

1. English_Gent

English_Gent New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Reading, England
    Hi all,

I am very interested in cultures that seem somewhat alien to westerners and for some time now I have been looking into the possibility of visiting central Asia and would love to hear the views of anyone who has themselves visited Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikstan etc

p.s I am also looking into holidaying in Iran and would love to hear of others experiences etc

cheers

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    [​IMG]

3. leftback4

leftback4 New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know someone who did peace corps in turkmenistan. Sounds like a neat experience but not anywhere i'd like to go for vacation.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have never been to Central Asia. After watching a docu from Kazahkstan on the US, I like to learn more about their cultures. :)

Jokes aside.... a friend of mine is about to leave for Kazahkstan. It has something to do with their oil company there.

Anyway, I alway wanted to visit Central Asia and Iran... to be exact Uzbekistan. It is my understanding it had one of the most beautiful mosques in the world. I posted this before.... I once called up United Airline to exchanged my mileages for a ticket to Tehran for alliance airline(okay, I was just getting information for a future travel plan). The lady on the other line could not figure why she could get me a seat on this Gulf Air flight. After 10 minutes or so, she or should I say we figure that American companies are not allowed to conduct business with Iran.... I cannot exchange my mileages even throught a non-American airline.