Cementeros 2012

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Monkeyboy2000, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well it's nice to dream, but really, this Cruz Azul team is the weakest I've seen in a couple of years, even last year's team that didn't make liguilla. And I mean weak physically. They've been mentally weak even longer than that. I doubt this team could come back like the Clausura 2012 team did against America at el Azteca in week 17. It's going to take some attacking guys playing way over their heads for a couple of weeks to get this done and Corona continuing to save our a$$es. Let's see if we can get by this first round and see where we go from there. Even if they win the first leg, I don't feel confident about the return leg in Leon. We need solid matches at both venues. We need early goals and mistake-free defending. If we get behind, we are toast.

I know this may sound overly pessimistic, but really, it's going to take perfection. It's still possible, but it will definitely be very difficult. Will our top guys stand up for the challenge? We find out on Wednesday.

2. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm a Cruz Azul and Leon fan that's why I'm a little bias about this series lol.

Right now Leon has all the momentum but their balls out attitude can come back to hunt them. Especially now that away goals will be used as tie breakers. Memo Vazquez has the liguilla experience, that will be key for Cruz Azul. If we can hold them back on Wednesday, all the pressure will be on Leon.

They have proven themselves during the regular season but remember the games against Chivas and America? Bad game management took them from winning, to getting tied, and then losing in the last minutes of the game.

3. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Swag Flu and El Mariachi repped this.
  4. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that looks like the last one, but black. I like it, and will definitely want

5. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wasnt able to watch the whole game last night, but seemed pretty wide open.

glad we won.

6. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well wasn't that the typical Cruz Azul blueprint for disaster ? Let's go through the checklist -
    1) Letting in an early goal to invigorate the opposing team - check.
    2) Making a horrible defensive mistake to let in a goal - check.
    3) Having your big name players do diddly squat in elimination games - check.

After the first leg, my wife commented that if only Chaco had put in the PK, Cruz Azul would have had this thing wrapped up. I, of course, having suffered through multiple Liguilla losses, would not have felt comfortable unless they had something like a 5 goal lead.

So what's the next step ? The same one we had last year, we need a team that steps up for big games. And that means having players that step up in big games. I think it's time to go over our midfield and start looking for replacements. Torrado, once the mainstay of the midfield, just doesn't seem to have it anymore. We are dreadfully slow. I was amazed how quickly Leon went up and down the field compared to our guys. Those guys are fast. We didn't catch them out of place for the whole match. Pavone disappeared. You can blame the midfield for the disconnect in our attacking lines, but man, I don't remember any really dangerous plays at the Leon side of the field. None. You can boast about our defense being one of the best in the league, but you can't ride on that for liguilla matches.

I'm hoping Quintano makes plenty of roster moves, but I'm not holding my breath. With the current team, I don't see us doing any better next year. I don't see how you can look at this team and compare it to the top four and think you can compete. You can't. If Quintano thinks status quo is good enough, then he's even more delusional than I thought. This off-season will be telling.

metalmaster repped this.
  7. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought the defense played absolutely horrible in both legs. The energy surge of being at home seemed to help them capitalize on it. Those thru balls into the box never should've got in that far. I hope Corona ain't thinking about ditching us. Because if that happens. :( x 10

8. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bravo, Chuleta and maranhao are in terrible form. They rarely do anything when they get subbed in. I hope they're on the transfer list.

9. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't see the point of wasting a foreign slot on somebody that's perpetually on the bench. If you're not going to play Maranhao, get rid of him.

Azul88 repped this.
  10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    LGRod and El Mariachi repped this.
  12. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    GTFOmar!

Swag Flu repped this.
  13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess this finishes the Bravo Experiment. Another fail on Quintano's resume. And I would also add Maranhao to that list. I also read Alan Bello is on the transfer list. That's too bad, I liked how he played in the limited number of games he was on the first team. Hopefully somebody will give him a chance to play more.

Alvarez also stated that he wants to fill all foreign slots for the Clausura. I wonder if he'll be able to dump off Maranhao in order to fill his slot as well.

14. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess news of Bravo on the transfer list were in fact, incorrect. Quintano stated that Bravo is not on the list. So we have Bravo for at least another 6 months. Or I guess he'll be on the bench another 6 months.

15. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :mad:

LGRod repped this.
  16. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Couple of Cruz Azul news items -
    First, and this is really unfortunate, it doesn't appear Paco Flores is going to get a renewed contract with Cruz Azul. Here's a guy that should have gotten some minutes. Maybe the kid can cut it at this level, maybe he can't, but he should be given a shot to try.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...zul-se-niega-a-renovar-a-su-campeon-del-mundo

Next, some words of wisdom from Pavone -

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...uz-azul-no-ha-tenido-suerte-en-finales-pavone

Not really Pavone. It actually takes your big name players showing up for big games as well as your defenders playing in a meticulous, focused, mistake-free fashion. We've had neither of these. You can sit around and wait for luck, or you can play hard, earn your pay, and make your own luck.

metalmaster, LGRod and Swag Flu repped this.
  17. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Heard on Jorge Ramos y su banda that Cruz Azul is looking to sign Damian Escudero. They said he was part of an under age Argentinian world championship team. He's playing in Brazil now but is not a starter.

18. Cementera4

Cementera4 Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Dallas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    sounds promising
    hopefully he'll replace Maranhao

LGRod repped this.
  19. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    This^^^
    It is amazing to see how uninspired these guys play. Never giving a good effort knowing they are part of a team that treats them well, pays them well an on time.

20. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Wurrd, someone needs to be made an example of. The play out there...especially at home is so damn lethargic. It's just embarassing to watch at times.

21. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Now the rumor is that we're close to signing Teofilo Gutierrez. He's a Colombian forward, I remember seeing him play for Colombia in the qualifiers but don't remember if he was good or not.

[​IMG]

At least we're not going for unknown players like maranhao.

LGRod and El Mariachi repped this.
  22. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How I miss guys like Diego Latorre.

LGRod repped this.
  23. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Teofilo still in negotiotion, not a done deal.

Good signing if it pans out. Since Chelito Delgado, most Cruz Azul signings have been disappointing.
    Now, if we could only get rid of Omar Bravo....

Cementera4, LGRod and El Mariachi repped this.
  24. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Omar Bravo to Atlas!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

El Mariachi and metalmaster repped this.
  25. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    even cruz azul hates omar bravo, can't blame ya