CCS get a point on the road

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by LordRobin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Stars score two in the second half to tie Puerto Rico and deny the Islanders a sweep of their two-game series. Nice to see that City can score. Now I'd like to see them do it at home. Please?

These two-game, midweek-and-weekend series are kinda odd, but after initally being puzzled, I figured out the obvious. It's to minimize travel expenses, right? Whenever there's one of these series, the away team has travelled a serious distance, like when Miami comes up to play two.

Of course, the home teams' gotta take an attendence hit, playing a midweek game and the same opponent no less. After you add in the travel savings and subtract the attendence hit, you gotta wonder if the teams still end up ahead. (I guess they must.)

Apropos of nothing, I love the Chick-Fil-A sandwiches they serve at the concession stand. As sponsors go, that one rocks. Okay, now I'm hungry...

------RM

2. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've got fried cheese on a stick!

You can't beat that.

We were robbed in PR. Horrible officiating in both matches. Should have had at least 4 points.

3. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was nice to see that fight back on Saturday after going two goals down. I certainly did not expect to see that.

Anyone think we can get our first home win this weekend against Rochester?

4. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think our first home win will be tonight!