CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Lou Costello

Lou Costello New Member

Mar 3, 2012
    I have the same problem of no replays with Roku, so I called into Paramount Plus and the support guy showed me how to to get match replays.

Click on that sports icon on the left of the screen.
    The NFL will probably be your first choice.
    Scroll down through about 8 bands and you will see match replays for the Champions League.

After the call was over, I was able to leave a recorded message. I told them that I would like to have the match replays in bands on the individual pages for the different competitions.

2. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Thanks for this. I was gobsmacked that they got rid of the replays.

This is a ridiculous setup. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way they had it organized before--by competition.

It was actually much better than ESPN & Peacock to get replays of specific leagues without threat of spoilers.

I hope the fix it!

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    STREAMNFL

Try that code for 30 days free.

4. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    All is right with the world again as Paramount has restored the "match replays" tab to each competition's page.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next Billing Date Mar 06, 2024

That's what I see. I already got a month or two free because of a promo when I canceled.

I can cancel now and it wants to give me another two months free, but I'm hesitant to do it until March 1st or so. If I wait, I'm wondering if I won't have that option.

Ideally, I'd do it now and it'd extend to May, but who the heck knows if that'd work as I want it to.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got an email:

Use code SB2024 by 2/9/2024 for 50% off for three months.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I guess it's official.

If you pay for Showtime via your TV provider, you *should* get the entirety of Paramount+ included. (For some people, that might be a better deal than paying for the commercial-free version of Paramount+ separately.)

Marius Tresor repped this.
  8. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, there are multiple ways to not pay much for Paramount+. I've got the annual subscription for Paramount+ w/Showtime and it was discounted down to $59.99 last September. Paramount+ is free with Walmart+ (which is free with some Verizon plans). Then there's the deal of getting Showtime with your cable package and getting Paramount+ free. It's almost more difficult not to have it now.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My annual P+ sub expires/renews 4/7/24. They list it for $69 limited ads plan. Last year it was $59 and by calling their cancellation dept I got 10% off that so like $54.

What's my best bet for getting the cheapest, ideally annual, sub? I don't want Showtime or Walmart+ unless it actually comes out cheaper to sign up for one of those.

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really gotta look at my Verizon plan and see what they can do. I think I'm on the basic "unlimited data" tier and I have no idea what I'm not using that I could be.

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I generally only need Paramount+ for two things, one of which is UEFA CL.

I plan to delay signing up with the aforementioned promo code until the last day. That should get me almost to the end of the UEFA CL.

When that expires, I'm thinking about going month-to-month with gaps in-between as necessary.

Hopefully they'll do a year-long promo for Black Friday or sooner rather than later.

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  12. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've got T-Mobile and my level gets Netflix w/ads and Apple TV+ for free. I got that great price on Paramount+ w/Showtime, but I'll switch to the free account through Walmart+ when that expires. My internet, AT&T 1GB fiber, includes Max for free. The only things I really pay for now are Peacock and ESPN+ (occasionally bundle for Hulu or Disney+ content).

I've watched more on Paramount+ than anything other than Apple+. The three CL, EL, and ECL get plenty of viewing and I've watched a fair bit of both Serie A and the Argentine Premier League the last few years. Through in the really good Star Trek (Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks) and a few other good shows and it's the best value out there for my money.

13. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, can attest to that. I can’t recall what promo it was, but we got a one year subscription to P+ with ads (no Showtime or anything else) for 50% off the normal one year cost. With the discount, I think we pay about $2.50 per month.

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With ads, yeah...can't do that. I need the 4k option.

Luckily, my Max is also through AT&T fiber, but I'm not sure I'd need it since the USMNT stuff is also on TNT/TBS.
    Netflix, and there's a way or three around their password-sharing rules.
    Peacock? That was $20 with the promo code and the additional fee taking it to approx $96/yr...less than their original promo.

15. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At risk of taking this thread in the “wrong“ direction..,

There’s a really funny new show from Australia called “Colin from Accounts”. Loved it and can’t wait for season 2.

16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If, in the next 2-3 months, you or anyone else hear of a good promo like that, for annual sub, please share!

17. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Keep an eye out for Walmart plus discounts. If you can get that for half off you get a great price for Paramount +

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  18. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I got that half off deal this year. $48 was a steal for what I've gotten so far.

19. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying you paid $48 for P+ and W+ combined, or $48 for just P+? For me, since I don't care about W+ whatever it might cost just gets added to the cost of P+.

20. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    I paid under $50 for a year of Walmart+ which included the Paramount+. So if you want Paramount+ get it through Walmart of the slick deal above from SportsWire

They are also running a Walmart+ deal right now where if you pay 1 year ($100) you get $50 Walmart cash back

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the advice. And thanks for clarifying. But I have no use for Walmart+ so the overall savings may not be great enough to offset the risk of signing up with W+... the risk of it auto-renewing without me wanting to, or at a higher price... the risk of giving out my personal details to yet another company who could breach it.

Maybe just maybe CBS/Paramount will come up with some extra sweet promo on their own, i.e. better than the 10% I got last year.

22. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    You can sign up and cancel right away. It just turns off auto renew

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    No clue.

My guess it would override based on how this stuff usually works.

Or more likely not use the current subscribed account. I bet you would have to create a new account.