CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Actually the full coverage starts with the playoff round which begins in a little under two weeks. That's part of the package sold by UEFA, unlike the qualifying rounds.

bwiorly repped this.
  2. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ah, okay. I knew they didn't sell the qualifying rounds, but couldn't remember if the playoff round was part of the deal or not.

3. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the Champions League, the coverage has traditionally started at the play-off round. For Europa League and Europa Conference League, it's started at the group stage.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The app is not working!!. Doesn't let you "click" the live game you want to watch. Only old replays are available.

Nice beginning to the CL season!!

:mad:

5. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    what app on what device? watching Rangers-PSV on my Roku without incident

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  6. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Finally caught up on all the Serie A action from last week on Paramount+ and no Bonetti/Cordero on any of the matches. It was glorious.

Not sure if this is a new thing for the new season or it was just because there weren't any marquee matchups during Round 1.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The Paramount+ app. It wasn't playing on two separate devices. First tried on my Android phone. Then went to a nearby pub that has the app on their SmartTVs. Same problem there. The Play button that is usually in the middle of the icon that you click to start a stream wasn't showing. Its almost as if some clock setting wasn't correct.

Anyway.... I saw from my phone that it was eventually working again some 15-25 minutes into the match.

8. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    If the Paramount+ app ever gives you trouble, try the CBS Sports app. You can access Paramount+ sports content on the CBS sports app with your Paramount+ login

BocaFan repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Ok, thanks. Good to know.

10. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's so weird. I never have problems with the Paramount+ app but no matter what I do the CBS Sports app kicks me out every 20-30 minutes. I've got a Roku TV, so it might even be device specific as to which one works.

11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh they joys of the "new and improved" world of streaming

12. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    CBS Goalazo Network showing some CONCACAF League A games tonight and tomorrow

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They say that, yet I cancelled my monthly subscription this week, it ran out yesterday at noon, and by 1pm I signed back up for the annual deal and got Paramount+ (mostly without commercials) and Showtime for $64.94 after taxes. Barely $5/mo. The promo codes SPORTS and FALL should cover both.

The only people the increases hit are the ones still doing monthly subscriptions without churning. If they don't offer a reasonable monthly or annual subscription next year, that's on them. The current 50% off one is something they usually do each September.

16. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    CBS Golazo Network will be adding a new interview show called Kickin' It.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw that UEFA CL matches have rewind/pause/FF controls for "select" live matches.

Whoo!

beInSchwartz, Art Deco and TheJoeGreene repped this.
  18. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    As I found out to my benefit watching Newcastle-AC Milan when I had to pause it to take a phone call.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a message on my screen when I opened the game.

Hopefully the next that comes is the ability to select 2-4 games and have those on the screen side by side. It's a shame they save this for the later knockout rounds.

20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we already had that on P+. But there are so many different streaming GUI's it's impossible to keep straight who's got what.

I dream of some sort of unification of GUI experience... some day.

21. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    That's awesome. I just wish that 30 minute daily recap show was back. Pretty sure UEFA produced it so they are just choosing not to post it.

22. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    A tradition unlike any other is the audio being out of sync on matchday 1 of the CL.

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thing I've got music on.
    With that said...is there a way to scroll through games while keeping on the game I'm watching? Yeah, yeah, just because it's easy on the ESPN app doesn't mean it should be easy on others, right?

24. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm using P+ for the first time in a while, and my live stream has crapped 3X in an our or so. On my iPad with solid Wifi. It keeps freezing with "optimizing video playback" then "fatal error". The only fix I've found is to restart the app. So I think the problem is on them not me? Plus my "backup" Roku stream hasn't gone down once.

Ahh, the vagaries of streaming.

25. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but the problem I still have with P+ is when you select the match you want, it starts at “Live” so you could inadvertently see the live score. You need to cover up the box score to use the rewind feature to start watching from the beginning.
    This contrasts with ESPN+ where you select the game and are given the option of watching from the beginning or in progress.

NorthBank and BocaFan repped this.