CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I haven't had that issue with Roku 12. Are you using a player, stick, or TV for Roku?

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Fox would have meant FS1.
    ABC would have meant ESPN or ESPN2.

... especially because those channels have summer programming like the cooking, talent and dancing shows.

Here's what matters for the USMNT: The World Cup and World Cup Qualifying.

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Using a streaming box: Ultra. I can't find the forum link but various folks had posted on the Roku community forum that the latest update has caused a similar problem. My main TV is in the shop so I pulled a notta TV out of the bedroom and thought maybe the HDMI cable was causing problems with this Toshiba TV but after seeing the other posts, I don't think that's the problem.

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  4. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting. I've got a Roku TV and it's not having those problems at all. Hopefully they get it fixed for you guys.

5. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I'm not seeing the remote mess. But I have a Roku TV and I am NOT seeing on-demand matches as well.

I have a feeling they are not making them available.

6. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the same issue with my Roku. It happens on some apps, including P+, but not on others, and not on the main Roku menu. My current workaround is to use the remote feature in the Roku app on my phone. When my phone and Roku are on the same wi-fi, the phone app provides a virtual remote interface to control the Roku, and that works with none of these troubles. I don't like commandeering my phone to be a TV remote, though, so hopefully this gets fixed. Once I get a show playing, I can still use the regular remote for pause/play controls--only the up/down/left/right arrows are affected by the bug.

7. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you guys on 12.0.0 - build 4182-93?

8. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I re-started the Roku and it solved the problem. Maybe something happened with the software update. As ThreeApples said, the problem didn't occur on the home screen or when navigating the Roku settings, but did occur in various apps. Anyway, one problem solved. The other seems to be unsolved: I'm not seeing any on demand content for UEFA U21, which sucks. The final airs on CBSSN but that's less interesting to me since both of those teams qualified for the Olympics. The semi-finals and prior are most important. Such is life.

9. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hamrun Spartans v Maccabi Haifa
    KÍ v Ferencváros

Those two are on Paramount+ next Tuesday. Two more games on Wednesday.

BocaFan repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pretty good coverage by Paramount considering the round we are in and the teams involved. I recall a time when we'd have to desperately hope just to get a single third round qualifying game shown.

Kryptonite and TheJoeGreene repped this.
  11. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's always nice to see one of those out of the way stadiums like the one that Ki plays in.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one advantage to streaming. Since Paramount has rights to the entire competition, they can throw the early round up and not worry about if 50 people will watch or if 50m will watch.

If CBS Sports Network was the only option, well...good luck trying to get two games per matchday (one Tuesday and one Wednesday) and good luck getting a matchup that doesn't involve EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga or Ligue Un.

Remember when ESPN2 featured Serie A and La Liga every week? There was a very good reason there.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Or if FOX had the rights we'd still be left out in the cold, with or without streaming.

14. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Paramount's rights begin with the Playoff Round. So they are actually paying extra for these matches. Not much, I'm sure, but still paying for them as the early rounds are sold by individual clubs (home teams). There is still a chance the likes of ESPN swoop to get a match, which they can up to and including the 3rd Qualifying Round.

SA

15. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    So THIS is why I haven't been able to see my beloved Lincoln Red Imps in the current round.

Interesting, however, that both them AND Qarabag FC are not selling the rights to their home matches in this tie?!!?

16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew I forgot something:

Postgame coverage on Max or Paramount+ can go as long as it needs to. If they want to go 90 minutes, they can. There's no need to get a 45-second interview, do a two-minute commercial break and then come back for three minutes of final thoughts.

This is definitely an advantage.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's great to be able to pick multiple games. I'm sure I could run Paramount+ on my TV, my phone and my laptop... although could I do multiple games on my laptop like what I did for ESPN3's UEFA CL coverage?

FS1 was on the TV.
    ESPN2 was on the phone.
    FS2 was on the laptop.
    ESPN had the multi-screen coverage.

I had 7 out of 8 games going.

18. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I see that Qarabaq are showing the match on their website. Not sure about geo-blocking but perhaps worth checking out at kickoff time: https://www.qarabagh.com/en/

SA

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use code lioness by 9/30/23 for a free month.

20. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no european matches this week? what gives?

21. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to LiveSoccerTV.com, there are 3 games showing on Paramount+ today and 2 tomorrow.

These are all CT:

7/25
    Dnipro-1 v Panathinaikos 1pm
    Dinamo Zagreb v Astana 1pm
    Zrinjski v Slovan Bratislava 2pm

7/26
    Aris v BATE 12pm
    Rakow Czestochowa v Qarabag 1:15pm

22. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great!
    I swear, those matches didn't show up on their schedule as of yesterday evening. :confused:

23. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They're definitely new. I checked yesterday afternoon and nothing was there.

24. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A big Paramount+ advertising claim is that we'll be able to "stream all UEFA Champions League matches live and on-demand with Paramount+".

No sign of Panathinaikos-Marseille more than 15 minutes into the match and Rangers-Servette kicking off at 2:45 EDT is not listed.

Anyone knows what's going on?

25. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That starts with the tournament proper, aka the Group Stage. Everything before that is up to the individual teams to try and sell. They usually don't get announced until a day or two before airing, and sometimes not even until the actual day of the match.

The most consistently up to date source is livesoccertv: https://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/international/uefa-champions-league/

They're not 100% accurate, but they'll get the details before anyone else and they're really comprehensive.

bwiorly repped this.