CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I mentioned this earlier but it is nice to see replays of Champions League matches on TV this past weekend. (Something that did not happen when Turner had the rights.)

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's cool. What channel(s) did they air those replays on? (My DVR didn't pick them up automatically like it often does)

Also, I wonder what's the deal with the finals of both UCL & UEL... are they going to live only on digital or will they be simulcast on a TV channel (in English)?

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    CBS Sports Network.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Champions League Final will be live on CBS. (The real one you can get OTA on rabbit ears.)
    Europa will only be streamed in English on Paramount.

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that's a revelation. Maybe it was discussed before but I missed or forgot it. Better late than never??

From my cable guide it looks like they're carrying both UCL semi's live this week on CBSSN.

Also, they seem to have replays of UEL matches, just without the clubs named. But I'm assuming that the 2 re-airs represent the 2 semis.

Still if I want to watch UEL semi(s) live it's either Paramount+ streaming, or maybe TUDN en espanol.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #306 Kryptonite, May 3, 2021 at 2:24 PM
    Last edited: May 3, 2021 at 2:30 PM
    It really must be a ratings/money thing. They can show commercials every few minutes on Jim Rome vs a live game (and fewer commercials.)

I really wonder why Jim Rome is on TV. Does he really need the money? There's absolutely nothing visual about it.

I'd guess that if CBS could sell on-screen advertising for UEFA CL (think of MLS on ESPN), they would. Nothing huge, but a small logo next to the score/time bug.

Then again, Jim Rome might be contractually obligated to be on CBS SN, whereas Paramount/CBS bought the rights to air UEFA...and does UEFA really care where their games are shown?

I vaguely remember some sort of requirement that the final be aired on TV on a channel available to X% of the population, but...the more I think about it, that could be a World Cup requirement. In other words...if the requirement is still in place, the World Cup would never go paywall-only. Plus, that would be total idiocy by whoever would do such a thing.