Cauldron/Supporters Group Logo

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by Buzz Killington, Jan 10, 2008.

1. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole idea of having "UNIDO EN AZUL" on there is to symbolize the United in Blue that the Cauldron is doing....between the Spanish and English speaking fans.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question I have is, is this a supporters group logo or a logo for the Cauldron? Because I think there needs to be a clearer line draw, especially with there being 2 other supporters groups in the Cauldron (American Outlaws and Sudakas) now. Right now I think of the leadership as being the leadership for another supporters group, not the entire section. If it's for the Cauldron as a whole, fine the Spanish on it is ok. If it's a logo for the Supporters group that the leadership is in charge of, I don't think it needs the Spanish on it as the large majority of the Cauldron "supporters group" doesn't speak it.

3. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's my understanding, of course I could be wrong and if I am there will be no shortage of people letting me know :D, but I believe this is a logo for the Cauldron as a whole. I suspect that in advance of the move to Bannister, there will be new alignments being done within the section as to breaking out supporter groups that will fall under the Cauldron "Unbrella".

4. matthias

matthias New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    opark ks
    I guess Im thinking of the Cauldron as more of a place than an organized unit or club. I just tossed it in there for lack of official slogan. Spanish is no doubt the second most important language that would be valuable and inviting to use. I would think most non-spanish speakers could translate this within seconds.
    If you hadnt seen the third set, here is the most recent:

[​IMG]

At the stadium, I never tell the ticket lady "Im a member of the Cauldron", I say to her " I want two seats in the Cauldron" The Cauldron is also the nickname of the stadia where Galatasaray play, so Ive always thought of it as a place instead of a group.

5. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What About Haveing The 1996 In A Ribbon At The Bottom Like The Wizards 'til I Die?

6. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that is, for the most part, correct. Currently The Cauldron is both a location and a somewhat loosely organized supporter group. Ideally, by the time we make the move into our permanent stadia, the sections growth will necessitate the "Cauldron" supporter group to take on a separate identity as a supporter group within the section "the Cauldron". At that point, we will hopefully have multiple supporter groups within The Cauldron, including the group that currently calls itself The Cauldron.

Does that make sense or am I just rambling?

7. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SO LET ME ASK THIS...ARE THE SADDKAS ( I DONT KNOW IF I SPELLED IT CORRECT) A SUB GROUP OF THE CAULDRON?

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, makes sense, and answers my question. I had been working under the assumption that this was a supporters group logo, but now I'll look at it from the other angle.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that they are a supporters group that is in The Cauldron. Not a sub group of the supporters group The Cauldron.

10. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK I KNOW THIS IS OFF THE SUBJECT OF THE LOGO BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST OF THE QUESTIONS IN REGARDS TO THEM (UNLESS I GO TO PM'S ), ARE THEY GOING TO COME IN WITH US THIS GO AROUND OR ARE WE GONNA HAVE TO MAKE ROOM FOR THEM AFTER THE GAME STARTS LIKE WE DID LAST SEASON?

AND BACK ON SUBJECT OF THE LOGO...IS THERE A POSSIBLITY OF HAVING TWO LOGOS?

11. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's correct. Sudakas is a separate supporter group that stands in the Cauldron....much like American Outlaws....and what we will eventually become. The Cauldron is becoming multiple supporter groups, standing together in the Cauldron....which is the direction we are looking to move.

Our two Leadershp groups will be meeting sometime in the next week or so. This is something we will be discussing.

12. matthias

matthias New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    opark ks
    BRIAN:
    What?
    REG:
    Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean People's Front. Cawk.
    FRANCIS:
    Wankers.
    BRIAN:
    Can I... join your group?

Yes, in an abstract sense it's all clear.

13. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow..."Cauldron = section" AND "Cauldron = supporters' group" is not confusing at all...nope...not at all. But I'm sure if we tried to come up with a name for our group it would be about as productive as discussions about, oh I don't know...maybe scarves and logos. ;)

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never said it wasn't confusing. :)

Well we could start that discussion. Something related to Kansas City if we wanted to...

15. matthias

matthias New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    opark ks
    I say the Cauldron kicks so much ass, it's undefinable. Whatever or Whoever it is.....that is, The Cauldron.

Matthias

16. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    y'all are all sorts of confusing. why don't you call yourselves cauldronites, instead of the cauldron that's inside the cauldron?

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's our plan. Confuse people that don't stand in the section enough that they join us. It's a 3 step plan.

1. Confuse people.
    2. ??????
    3. They join the section.
    [​IMG]

18. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have been calling ourselves The Cauldron because until last season, there was really only one supporter group.....we were The Cauldron. Now that we are growing, and more separate supporter groups are forming within The Cauldron, it will facilite a name change....that will happen prior to the move to Bannister.

19. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Side question - not that it really matters to anyone - but is the "waviness" of the Wizards-inspired font intentional in these logos, or as a function of not having the font to work off of?

20. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Not wanting to speak for Matthias but it's intentional. I sent him the Cauldron wordmark vector created from the actual Farrier font. It left the original serifs intact.

[​IMG]

21. matthias

matthias New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    opark ks
    Good Eye. Once we have a sketch picked out, I will detail the finals. Someone emailed me the vector text for it. I will fix it up.

M.

22. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    i think dragon #1 and shield A are the most visually pleasing.

aside from that, i'm not too interested in this.

edit: one thing i do think the team needs is it's own version of a "KC" for hats and the like. the royals one seems to be the most popular, but i like the chiefs one and especially the monarchs one. maybe olde english, lowercase perhaps, or something else stylized... that's up to somebody else, though.

also, we could be selling a lot more merch to crips. just saying.

23. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    fo shizzle nizzle. keep that KC blue poppin'. :cool:

24. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has there been any descion on the logo? if there has or when it does, i would make a metal copy of it to give the cauldron to hang or display at the tailgate.