Cauldron for 7/25 Galaxy game

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by szazzy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got it.

No one likes you
    No one likes you
    No one likes you
    We don't care
    You're a jackass
    You're a jackass
    You're a jackass
    Golden balls.

That is of course the Millwall song to the tune of "Sailing".

2. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    That's cool. Perception is reality, and I guess if most people perceive things that way, I'm not going to argue.

I thought Beckham took pains to be diplomatic, but if that's taken as lying... well, tomato, tomah-to, I guess. To me, the "worst" thing he did was want to leave for another team. Hey, if AC Milan wanted me, well, I'd still always have a warm place in my heart for good ol' KC, but....

As for the circus, well, that's more an issue of: "MLS, be careful what you wish for."

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The "shake his hand" thing was far from diplomatic. It was lying to make his own actions look better. He doesn't offer his hand until after he'd already tried to jump the boards and after the guy he goaded down there had been tackled by security.

Saying he wants to play for the Galaxy in the same sentence where he states his desire to play in Milan might be diplomacy Palin style, but to me it's just stupid - insulting to our intelligence. It reminds me of Manny Ramirez lies about why he needed to take a women's fertility drug - do you really expect anyone to believe this? Just be a man, and tell people the truth.

Becks needs to leave to go to Milan. I understand. Just say in your first interview that you made a mistake signing so early for the Galaxy when your national team ambitions wouldn't allow you to play here. Buy out or arrange a move from the club that's above board. Don't say that you wouldn't change anything about how you've handled it.

Apologize to your fans for not even making the playoffs the past 2 seasons even when their ticket prices went through the roof and recognize that your ambition to play in the next World Cup hurt your ambition to "be commited to the Galaxy". The man arranged his own loan to Milan without even telling his teammates or his employer. The Galaxy allowed him to go with the impression he'd be back in 3 months, then we all had to listen to him bad mouth the league from Italy in order to poison the waters and help secure a longer stay.

As to the circus, I didn't hear many fans wishing for Beckham, even Galaxy fans. At least not the fans that liked MLS already. Sure when he signed, I viewed it as a positive because I didn't expect him to try to get out of his contract so quickly. Now, as a fan, I'd like the circus to leave and for the league to focus less on NASL style blockbuster signings, and more on improving the quality from 1-11.

US Soccer got a TV boost way bigger than Beckham by making it to the finals of the Confed Cup. When MLS teams are the best in the region, we'll have finally achieved real and lasting growth.

4. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good to me.

5. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmm, here you lose me. There was no real way for Beckham to know Capello would feel so strongly about it. And actually at the point he signed with MLS, wasn't the common wisdom that Beckham had seen his last cap for England? I'm not sure he thought he would ever wear the Three Lions crest again.

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm not saying he knew it was a mistake at the time, just that it ended up being a mistake that interfered with his other stated ambition. Say you're sorry that you can't complete your contract and buy your way out.

He rarely gave an honest effort while here, so it's not like we should believe he had honest intentions from the beginning. He half-assed it here at Arrowhead in his appearance that's for sure. Watching Becks barely flinch as Davy went by him and hit that rocket was hilarious.

7. dr_gooch41

dr_gooch41 New Member

May 6, 2003
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hillcrest Road posted on Twitter that Alexi Lalas (now I'm definitely TIVOing the game) is the color commentator for the game. So... sign idea:

ALEXI WAS RIGHT!

I'm not a huge Lalas-as-GM fan, but he often comes across as the voice of reason in the Goldenballs situation. But I like very much Lalas-as-announcer.

8. BlacknBlueKC

BlacknBlueKC New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very Nice. I love the Grant Wahl idea I read earlier as well.

Just wanted to throw this out there for you guys. I thought an AC Milan related sign would be great, something like "Dreaming of Milan" in their black and red strips or something like that but more creative.

9. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about something fashion-related. Since he is such a fashionista.

Something like, "Milan is a surprise, because you look awful in vertical stripes."

10. trueport

trueport Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards

hahahahahaahahaha :d

11. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about something simple, for down front:

BAD CAPTAIN

12. slashersfc

slashersfc Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill re-submit my original idea along the same lines:

Bad Teammate
    Bad Captain
    Bad Idea

13. Jarnevic

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or we could make one that says, "BAD AMERICAN."

Then, when Becks sees it, he'll think, "Wait a second, I'm not an Americ—" then Jewsbury steals the ball.

I'm also drunk.

14. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would also be a good sign. :)

15. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    or just let Best talk -

He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.
    - George Best

This was my choice too, but I think I have it now.

Bad Teammate
    Bad Captain
    Bad Liar

[​IMG]

16. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to say something to everyone that will be in Cauldron for the L.A. match:

Let's make this a wild, insanely crazy event in the Cauldron. Have fun, be loud, get crazy (within reason), but above all....stay SMART. Don't do anything stupid at the match. We want to make an impression on the game, but within our set boundaries. If (and when) L.A. scores a goal on our end, and they immediately head to the Cauldron to "celebrate" (ie. goad/bait the Cauldron)....please, please, please....don't be baited into doing something stupid. Stay above it....yell, flip 'em off if you want...but DON'T THROW ANYTHING.....OR LEAVE THE STANDS....even if Beckham "want's to shake your hand"....please don't do it.

Thank you in advance!!

17. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can't you tell from the picture though?

becks only wants to shake someones hand AFTER they have 5 guys tackling and dragging you out of the stadium:rolleyes:

I have been worried about this all week...coupled with what i think will be a LOT of alcohol consumed before this match and every ones anger is a bad combo but hopefully we do stay smart (and drunk).

18. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure Becks will come anywhere near the Cauldron

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8166356.stm

19. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My calculator needs scientific notation to describe how small that is.

21. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    HA! Appreciating it is not a lot of money, it is a slap on the wrists that says MLS is probably not going to tolerate fan "interaction" from Beckham. I'm sure next time it would be a bigger fine and maybe a ban.

22. Tex!

Tex! New Member

May 28, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ideas for banners:

The Cauldron chipped in and bought you a ticket to Milan. Arrivederci!

and/or

We're too sexy for Mee-lan!

23. Jarnevic

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To the tune of Fergie's song Glamorous: "If you ain't got no money take your broke-ass home."

"Your only here for the money so take your bloke-ass home."

*Sorry Brits, it works.

24. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guess I am feeling testy tonight ..... banner ideas .....

You came to KC and all you got was that lousy LA Galaxy shirt!

Welcome to CAB, your career is officially over -or-
    When your career is officially over, we'll see you at CAB

10,385 people here and nobody wants to shake your hand!

$1000 for a hand shake? I'll give you $20 to kiss my ass

25. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham bravely faces down the Cauldron...

[​IMG]