Catania [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by phillips10, Sep 6, 2006.

1. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Re: Catania 2007-2008 [R]

Stuuuupid Romerda ultras, making Italian football look bad; http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=554054

But Mr. Landolina's report is hardly sensible either "It seems as if Catania fans cannot stay out of trouble"... err three Catania fans were the ones who got stabbed, that part of the report make sit sounds like they stabbed themselves or something. :rolleyes:

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I just read Baldini quit and Walter Zenga came in......This makes how many coaching changes so far this year in Serie A?

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Zenga arrives in Catania:
    "I'll bring back the smiles"

The new manager of the rossoazzurri praises his predecessor: "There is not much time left to change the work done by Baldini, who to be honest with you, has done a great job. My job now is to get back on track and regain the ability to win"

[​IMG]
    http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/Primo_Piano/2008/04_Aprile/01/Zenga2.shtml

5. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan

Looking at Catania's fixtures list they're in for some really tough games, the only "smaller" club they've got to play is Reggina and that is gonna be tough because they're in the relegation fight too.

I really hope Catania can pull it off, even if it means them beating Juve, because I need, need, need to see Livorno relegated. If there was a way for Reggina to stay up and Torino gets relegated too, that would be a nice bonus.

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Catania 3-0 Napoli! WTF? Zenga must have really fired them up. Aside from the Palermo game, I think this is the only game that Catania have scored three goals. If they score, they usually score one or two.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Maybe he did in fact learn something during his time in Boston?

:D

8. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Zenga signs one year extention to his coaching contract

9. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

And Catania has also been exceptionally active in the market.

Catania continues the market game:

Catania, arriva attaccante Paolucci
    vedi foto

(ANSA) - CATANIA, 25 GIU - Un volto nuovo per il Catania che ha ufficializzato l'ingaggio in prestito con diritto di riscatto dell'attaccante Michele Paolucci. Nell'ultima stagione, Paolucci (classe '86, cartellino in comproprieta' tra Udinese e Juventus) ha vestito le maglie di Udinese e Atalanta totalizzando 11 presenze. Nel campionato di A precedente, l'attaccante originario di Recanati aveva giocato ad Ascoli collezionando 32 presenze e 6 gol. Vanta una partita con la nazionale italiana Under 21.
    http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/25062008/2/c...e-paolucci.html

Michele Paolucci, born 1986, owned by both Udinese and Juventus, has been borrowed by Catania. He also has played for the Under-21 National team.

And it continues:

Catania: Pulvirenti `Cacia e Dica gli obiettivi`
    vedi foto

Antonino Pulvirenti, presidente del Catania, parla delle operazioni di mercato della sua squadra. Innanzitutto l`interesse per il laziale Ledesma: `Ci interessa e siamo abbastanza vicini. - ha detto a radio Kiss Kiss - C`e` da battagliare, ma credo che alla fine arriveremo a chiudere questa situazione` .

Per quanto riguarda Dica, il Pulvirenti dice: `Lo ha richiesto Zenga e stiamo facendo di tutto per accontentarlo. Non parliamo di una prima punta e quindi il discorso Cacia resta assolutamente aperto. Cacia e` il nostro obiettivo principe, aspettiamo cosa accadra` alle buste e si vedra`. Stiamo facendo il possibile per portare a Catania tutti i nostri obiettivi di mercato` .
    http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/24062008/8/c...-obiettivi.html

English: Antonino Pulvirenti, Catania's president, speaks of the market operations of his team. To start with, the interest for the laziale Ledesma "he's interested us and we're pretty close" he said to radio Kiss Kiss - "there's to rangle, but I think that in the end we will end up closing the situation"

In regards to Dica, Pulvirenti says "Zenga asked for him and we're trying our best to make him happy. We do not speak of a single striker and thus the Cacia discussion rests totally open. Cacia is our principal objective, we will wait what will happen. We're trying to make it possible to bring to Catania all our market objectives."

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=47&a=86055 :

According to this, Catania has also taken striker Andrea Catellani, and Plasmati has become officially and entirely a Catania player.

Imagine how beastly our attack is going to become. They may not all peak this year, but whatever success some of these promising youngsters obtain will be great, and imagine the harvest we will reap from them in the coming years. I dream of seeing a rossazzurro in an Italy shirt...

I wonder if there any defense objectives. I think we should consider reinforcing them. Does Pulvirenti really think that our defense is all set? I'd love to see Gazzola play again... He's a good player. Besides, Italy needs more right full-backs.... wink.gif

I'm glad also we're continuing our attack strategy. People have fallen in love with this aspect of Catania. But this is good. We need to have a good attack to supplement our defense. Huge teams always expect little ones to clam up into defense, and all they have to do from there is besiege the little team, and wait for the opportunity to unlock the defense.

This way, Catania may risk a little more, but the big teams get stunned when the little ones actively try to attack, and this can pull upsets (take a look at our games against teams like Roma, Milan, Juventus, and Lazio, where we've had success by using our attack strategies).

10. elmalasorte

elmalasorte New Member

May 30, 2007
    Transylvania (ROM)

Just to know, Dica is not the same player as he was; he is slow, but I think he can adapt to Italian football where the rythm is not that high ...

11. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

is vargas still here?

12. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima

-_-

13. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

Vargas joined Fiorentina, Catania released him for some 12 million euros.

I think he deserved it considering his performance and dedication.

Dica seems to be a rather promising player for Catania. He may not be what he once was, but against the likes of Torino, Chievo, Bologna, Lecce, Reggina etc - our relegation rivals - he could prove immensely effective.

14. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

CATANIA A STEP AWAY FROM CACIA!!!!

Cacia: Accordo col Catania, sorpassato il Lecce

14:57 del 30 giugno

Il Catania ha raggiunto un accordo di massima per l'acquisizione dell'attaccante Daniele Cacia dal Piacenza, che lo ha appena riscattato dalla Fiorentina. Per completare il trasferimento, manca solo l'ok del giocatore, che sembrava ad un passo dal Lecce. Mercoledì è in programma un nuovo incontro tra le parti.

Cacia: Deal with Catania, Lecce surpassed

Catania has reached a max agreement for the acquisition of the forward Daniele Cacia from Piacenza, that has just gotten him back from Fiorentina. To complete the transfer, only the "OK" of the player is needed, that seemed to have been a step away from Lecce. On Wednesday a new meeting of the groups is planned.
    http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=47&a=86621

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

I'm so excited!

15. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  16. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

After Ledesma, Catania has upped the search for another defender:

Catania has gotten a new objective for defender:

Catania: per la difesa si punta Contra

Mer 02 Lug, 07:17 PM
    Il Catania continua a lavorare sul mercato e, ora, cerca rinforzi in difesa. Lo Monaco avrebbe messo gli occhi sul terzino destro Cosmin Contra, attualmente al Getafe ma gia` esterno del Milan. A parlare dell`affare, stando a quanto riporta `Il Catanista` e` Giovanni Becali procuratore di Dica: ` Contra e` un giocatore che fa al caso del Catania e dopo Dica sarebbe il rinforzo necessario. Dopo il no a Sapunaru valutato troppo, 5 milioni di euro, per le casse etnee, ho raccomandato e caldeggiato personalmente a Lo Monaco l`acquisto di Contra` .

http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/02072008/8/c...nta-contra.html

Catania continues to work on the market, and now searches for reinforcements in defense. Lo Monaco has put his eyes on the right-full-back Cosmin Contra, currently with Getafe but already defender of Milan. Speaking on the deal, from what "Il Catanista" reports, is Giovanni Becali, procurator of Dica: "Contra is a player that makes a case to Catania and after Dica should be a necessary reinforcement. After the no to Sapunaru, valued too high, 5 million euros for the etnian [Catania] account, I recommended and went personally to Lo Monaco for the acquisition of Contra."

wow I'm getting excited for this year.

17. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

Catania finally bags their defender!

Catania: preso Imparato, ceduto Ioime

Comincia lo sfoltimento della rosa da parte del Catania. Dopo aver proceduto a diversi acquisti per rafforzare la squadra, ora e` il tempo di cessioni. Il Catania ha infatti comunicato di aver ceduto al Legnano 1913 (Prima Divisione) il portiere classe 1987 Raffaele Ioime. Il trasferimento dell’estremo difensore avviene a titolo temporaneo.

Ma il presidente Pulvirenti ha regalato un altro colpo ai suoi tifosi. Il club etneo ha infatti acquisito a titolo definitivo Raffaele Imparato. Il difensore classe 1986, che nell’ultima stagione ha indossato le maglie della Salernitana e della Juve Stabia, ha sottoscritto un contratto quinquennale legandosi alla societa` rossazzurra fino al 30 giugno 2013 ed e` stato successivamente mandato in prestito, per la stagione 2008/09, alla Paganese.

Per maggiori informazioni vai sul sito di Datasport
    http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/10072008/8/c...duto-ioime.html

Catania has a new defender, born 1986, while our third keeper Raffaele Iome was sold to Legnano, Raffale Imparato.
    He's going to be at Paganese this year on loan. It should be a good investment for next year.

18. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  20. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

Zenga, as we all know, has left Catania....But surprisingly, he has decided to become the head coach of....Palermo!

OFFICIAL: PALERMO HIRE ZENGA
    Friday 5 June, 2009
    Palermo have shocked everyone by announcing the appointment of Walter Zenga, who only recently left rivals Catania.

Earlier this week Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini fell out with Davide Ballardini and started looking for a replacement.

Ballardini is yet to be fired by Zamparini, but reports suggest he will become the next trainer of Lazio, who were also chasing Zenga.

“I am very happy to have hired him, Zenga is a great man and a very good trainer. His determination really struck me,” Zamparini said.

Sources say Zenga has signed a two-year contact with an option of a third should he survive the wrath of Zamparini.

The choice to hire Zenga is controversial to say the least, as he only resigned from Catania on May 24.

By crossing the divide, Zenga leaves himself open to pressure and criticism from Catania fans and next year's Derby di Sicilia will certainly prove very interesting.
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun05m.html

Normally, I'd be kind of upset, because it is Palermo... However, Zenga has done so much for us, and I just can't feel that we should so readily turn against him.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Oh no! He would have been a hero in Catania regardless of which club he went to. Anywhere but Palermo. I hope he is safe in this move.

24. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio

catania signed campagnolo... prepared to get relegated