Castel di Sangro [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    From a good source.......the project is getting internataional and in my opinion it will go through!
    la potenza della speranza.....

2. Molinhio

Molinhio New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Hi all and Joe9!, I feel the fim will be made and my hope is that it will happen in Castel itself, I still keep in touch with many people there and was there just in January seeing Marcella and many more friends I have now since reading the book.
    It inspired me like many others and I as manger of our side in UK changed our name and became Castel di Frinton as tribute to the "miracle" around 3 years ago, the effect was amazing and we won nearly everything going!.
    It was a great time and I and my captain flew over back in 2002 to Castel where we arrange a friendly against our heroes which happened in 2003 when the 2 Castels met in a great day and game, since we have remained close friends and the town is one in a million as are the people.
    You can take a look around our website to see some of our achievements and links to dear Castel by going to http://www.btinternet.com/~casteldifrinton/
    The site has not been updated for a little while due to my workload but I can tell you we are still doing well, we still love Castel and I hope and believe a movie will be made, any comments wlecome, VIVA Castel!- In boca al luppo!!!!!!!

3. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
  4. dada011597

dada011597 New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    What week # are we in?; I assume that they play 34 games. Can we hang on...

5. ForzaPalermo2006

ForzaPalermo2006 Red Card

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Results 3/5/06

ATLETICO NEPEZZANO - S.NICOLO (1-1)
    CANISTRO - PATERNO (2-1)
    COLONNELLESE - PRO CASTEL DI SANGRO (1-2)
    PONTEVOMANO - COLOGNA SPIAGGIA (1-1)
    ROSETANA CALCIO - CASTELNUOVO (2-1)
    S.OMERO PALMENSE - MARTINSICURO (1-0)
    SAN NICOLA SULMONA - POL. MOSCIANO (0-0)
    TAGLIACOZZO - CAPISTRELLO (2-2)
    TORTORETO - LUCO CALCIO (1-1)

Standings After 3/5/06

Pro Castel di Sangro 60
    Canistro 57
    S.Nicolo' 53
    Pol.Mosciano 47
    Luco Calcio 47
    Capistrello 46
    S.Omero P. 45
    Cologna Spiagg. 39
    Tagliacozzo 37
    Colonnellese 36
    Martinsicuro 32
    Atl.Nepezzano 31
    Paterno 30
    Pontevomano 28
    Rosetana C. 28
    Casteln.Vomano 23
    Tortoreto 12
    S.Nicola Sulmona 8

Info: Sport Valle Peligna

6. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    3/12/06 Fixtures

Nepezzano-C.di Sangro
    Canistro -Martinsicuro
    Colonnellese-Castelnuo
    Pontevomano-Paterno
    Rosetana-Luco
    S.Nicolò- Capistrello
    S.Omero-Mosciano
    San Nicola-Tagliacozzo
    Tortoreto-Cologna Sp.

7. Bill Urban

Bill Urban New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    lilburn, ga.
  8. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    If I compare the pictures with those from the book, I don't think it is....
    But I'm not 100%!

9. Bill Urban

Bill Urban New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    lilburn, ga.
    did the same, you may be right...

i might inadvertently have stumbled across the "other" restaurant in Castel di Sangro, the one in which Gravina held an interest and to which he moved the team's meal service after the season.

surely the new side is back at Marcella's...

10. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    that's possible !!!

Just keep on posting your findings 'bout CdS......

11. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    image gallery updated !!!

12. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    3/12/06 Fixture Results

CAPISTRELLO - S.NICOLO (0-0)
    CASTELNUOVO - COLONNELLESE (1-2)
    COLOGNA SPIAGGIA - TORTORETO (0-1)
    LUCO CALCIO - ROSETANA CALCIO (1-0)
    MARTINSICURO - CANISTRO (0-1)
    PATERNO - PONTEVOMANO (1-1)
    POL. MOSCIANO - S.OMERO PALMENSE (2-1)
    PRO CASTEL DI SANGRO - ATLETICO NEPEZZANO (5-1)
    TAGLIACOZZO - SAN NICOLA SULMONA (2-1)

CDS SMASHES Nepezzano and stays 3 pts ahead of Canistro !!!

UPDATED TABLE

Pro Castel di Sangro 63
    Canistro 60
    S.Nicolo' 54
    Pol.Mosciano 50
    Luco Calcio 50
    Capistrello 47
    S.Omero P. 45
    Tagliacozzo 40
    Colonnellese 39
    Cologna Spiagg. 39
    Martinsicuro 32
    Atl.Nepezzano 31
    Paterno 31
    Pontevomano 29
    Rosetana C. 28
    Casteln.Vomano 23
    Tortoreto 15
    S.Nicola Sulmona 8

Info: Sport Valle Peligna

13. Molinhio

Molinhio New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Hi , just to let you know that is not Marcellas place, from what I can guess is that the pics are from a little place just a few kilometres from the stadium and I am sure I ate there in january with Marcella herself!, it is a very nice place with good food and people, also I can tell you that Marcella has sold up!, her place is now taken over after she sold last year, Marcella is now chilling a little and her son Christian who helped now has gone to the sports village hotel where he works with Giovanni Marcellas other son!, hope that helps, all the best, Molinhio

14. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    [​IMG]

Is this the statue on the back build for Di Vincenzo and Biondi?

15. Molinhio

Molinhio New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    [​IMG]Hi Joep9!, yes that is the statue dedicated to biondi & divincenzo,not sure if I have posted but this is my buddy back in January, when we played Castel we were privelaged to lay some flowers down in respect before the game begun, it is sited just as you enter the main gate to lo stadio!
    All the best , Molinhio

16. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    Yes! I finally found the statue...

Thx Moulinhio for clearing that out! It must have been a great honour for you. I saw you walking to the statue on your site from Castel di Frinton. It was you, your team captain and the captain of CdS...right!?
    Maybe you can tell us, the fans around the world, a bit more 'bout your trip? I know everyone would love your story

forza castello

17. Molinhio

Molinhio New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Thx Joris, I wanted to put a recent pic up but was not sure how to from my hard drive, any tips welcome!, maybe I van mail u some pics anf you can add to your page, I have so many just let me know!
    Just to tell our friends the brief story: Our team "Caste di Frinton" who were named in both respect of the book we all love and of course the team made contact with Castello and the end product after over a year of freindship culminated in our squad travelling to Castel for four days and playing Castel, it was a wonderful experience, I had myself been to Castel 3 times prior and made some lovely friends, our squad were treated like royalty as we met the major the day before the game, trained at the stadium and then played ina good game which I have to say we lost 6-2!, it was fantastic and just before the match the hon president Nicola presented us with a gold plaque which was engraved with both clubs and we hold dear to this day in addition to flowers which both captains laid at the statue of the lost heroes, after the match we were even given a brand new kit and the whole experience was incredible, since then I have been many times and class the place as my "soul healing" home, when you are in castel life just seems magical and the people are incredible, to be greeted by so many people and feel the warnth that this place holds, I cannot say enough on behalf of myself or my team, I will soon update our website also!, we are currently near the end of our season and lie second in the Premier league, it is amazing that to think the year before we changed our name we were in div 3!, all the best to all that read this and you especially Joris, Viva Castel!

18. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    By this I can say that the picture gallery is updated! Nothing special maybe, but this time Martin Penalver, my famous overseas friend, helped me by giving me lotsa pics of his trip to Castel di Sangro!

By this thank you Martin! The gallery has become so much more with your pictures!

Fans enjoy : http://casteldisangro.mypicgallery.com/

19. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    Very bad news ......... :-(

PROMOZIONE girone A

Risultati del 06/4/2006 - 32ª giornata

Paterno-Atl.Nepezzano 1-1 .
    S.Omero P.-Canistro 0-2 .
    Capistrello-Casteln.Vomano 3-0 .
    Martinsicuro-Colonnellese 2-0 .
    S.Nicola Sulmona-Pontevomano 1-3 .
    Luco Calcio-Pro Castel di Sangro 1-0 .
    Pol.Mosciano-Rosetana C. 1-0 .
    Cologna Spiagg.-S.Nicolo' 1-1 .
    Tagliacozzo-Tortoreto 2-2 .

Squadra punti
    Canistro 72
    Pro Castel di Sangro 70
    Luco Calcio 60
    Pol.Mosciano 59
    S.Nicolo' 59
    Capistrello 55
    S.Omero P. 49
    Cologna Spiagg. 43
    Colonnellese 42
    Tagliacozzo 41
    Atl.Nepezzano 38
    Pontevomano 36
    Martinsicuro 36
    Paterno 36
    Rosetana C. 35
    Casteln.Vomano 23
    Tortoreto 19
    S.Nicola Sulmona 10

20. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    Some things I just realized...

When Jaconi was allenatore of Livorno in 2001 he had Tonino Martino again in his team!
    This season (2005-2006) Lotti and jaconi also met! Lotti as goalkeeper from Venezia and Jaconi as coach of Ivrea.
    In the season '99, Luca D'angelo, Guido Di Fabio and Gigi Prete played for the same team Fermana!
    This season, Luca D'angelo and Gionatha Spinesi also met when they played against each other in the serie B. Rimini vs Catania.
    In the season '99-'00, the only 2 members of the '96 squad were Galli and Rimedio! Rimedio is the only player who stayed in Castel Di Sangro until the season 2000-2001.

21. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
  22. Joep9

Joep9 Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Brussels, Belgium
    Roberto Alberti is the new Allenatore of San Marino in the serie C

23. CobraCoach

CobraCoach New Member

May 1, 2006
    Monkton, Maryland US
    I just returned from a trip to Italy and was in Venice on Sunday, April 22nd. On that day Venice played Legnano in a C2 match and I was able to attend. Venice is in first place and a win would ensure promotion ot C1. What was interesting to fans of this thread is that the starting goalkeeper for Venice is a 37 year old named Mossimo Lotti.

Before the game Lotti was warming up and I went around behind the goal while he was fielding shots from his partner. Between shots I yelled his name (he was only about 20 feet away) and when there was no reaction, "Castel di Sangro". At that, he turned and smiled before resuming his warmups.

It appears that Lotti must still have a fond spot in his heart for that magical year.

By the way, Venice won to earn promotion and Lotti made a brilliant first half save on a breakaway to preserve a 2-1 victory.

Eric

24. pemberton369

pemberton369 New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    PROMOZIONE girone A

Risultati del 30/4/2006 - 34ª giornata

Pol.Mosciano-Atl.Nepezzano 0-0
    Luco Calcio-Capistrello 6-2
    Cologna Spiagg.-Casteln.Voma 1-2
    Tagliacozzo-Colonnellese 3-1
    Canistro-Pontevomano 1-0 .
    Paterno-Pro Castel di Sangro 1-0 .
    S.Nicola Sulmona - Rosetana C. 1-3
    Martinsicuro-S.Nicolo' 2-1 .
    S.Omero P.-Tortoreto 3-1 .

Squadra punti
    Canistro 76
    Pro Castel di Sangro 73
    Luco Calcio 66
    S.Nicolo' 62
    Pol.Mosciano 60
    Capistrello 56
    S.Omero P. 52
    Colonnellese 45
    Tagliacozzo 44
    Cologna Spiagg. 43
    Rosetana C. 41
    Martinsicuro 40
    Atl.Nepezzano 40
    Pontevomano 39
    Paterno 39
    Casteln.Vomano 26
    Tortoreto 19
    S.Nicola Sulmona 13

Promossa: Canistro
    Retrocede: San Nicola Sulmona
    Play off: Pro Castel di Sangro

So it appears that although they didn't win the league, CdS could still gain promotion via the play offs.

Who their opponents will be and when the match(es) will be played, I'm not sure.