Carribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this story?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutella

nutella Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Plateau
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly is... congrats to Guadeloupe! :D

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Everybody is entitled to their opinions but it's idiotic to think that a team that has won digicel cups at home without foreign stars in the past, would automatically become 3rd choice.;)

I've never read where the host of a tournament wasn't considered a 'favourite' to win.

you claim the soca warriors were lucky to get out of the barbados game with a draw. did you even see the match. they played all over barbados but couldn't finish their chances in the first half. had they taken at least 3 or 4 of those missed chances...we wouldn't even be talking about this game right now.

and yea it'll always be 'you people' remember that son;)

3. nutella

nutella Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Plateau
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your misunderstanding him. He says his personal favorite is Haiti. T&T is his third favorite team.

My favorite team at WC 2006 was the US team; that doesn't mean I thought they would win, it simply means they are my favorite team.

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    why do you keep responding to my posts then....obviously what i say psychologically affects you.

and if anyone here has brain cells the size of a bean just take a closer look in the mirror and remember just how stupid your comment about the hosts was.

To be honest i really don't care wtf you people listen to in haiti. Kadan or zouk isn't played in either jamaica or trinidad so i don't give a damn. but i remember your countryman trying to claim that haitians assisted in the popularity of reggae music which is actually false. we jamaicans promoted our own music from the usa to as far as japan. do you think you would even hear your zouk music in japan:p

anyway, this is a football forum so i'll stay on topic. we'll see what happens with your team. just to let you know, one of the coaches at the finals witnessed your game with martinique and said that they were not impressed with haiti and that you were beatable.;)

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    point taken but sometimes that toppoyo or watever his name is makes you wonder where his head is. :eek:

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    St Vincent - Guyana 2-0 yesterday

7. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    aight warlord, believe what you want to believe. for any self respecting Caribbean fan, let this kid argue with himself.

8. 226gem

226gem New Member

Apr 5, 2005

greetings everyone, let me introduce myself as gem...it's been a while since i haven't been on this site, but i'm a trinidadian and i did go to the trinidad n tobago vs barbados as well as the martinique vs haiti which was right after...warlord is correct, trinidad had 4 clear chances to score and they wasted it, but tonight (monday) my young inexperienced soca warriors mauled martinique 5-1...goals by gary glasgow (2), darryl roberts (1) and nigel baptiste (2)

9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your young inexperienced team played nearly 60 minutes up a man after a Martinique player was ejected, and scored 4 of the goals during that time. Let's be fair and not act like T&T ran an equal strength Martinique off the field.

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Ask your self this question? why was the Martinique player sent off?:rolleyes:

Answer : he handled the ball on the goalline preventing a certain goal that would've put Trinidad and Tobago up 2-1. The subsequent penalty was missed by Glasgow but the Reds did it. The defender deserved to be sent off for that.

No-one knows if his sending off actually changed the game in favor of the Soca Warriors but it's not like they were losing to Martinique b4 that happened. The warriors played with 11 men so what.... that is football. You do stupid things, then you deserve to be dismissed. You are a Hater of the Soca Warriors and I know this because Jack Warner fired your ass from his Concacaf offices years ago and you still haven't gotten over it;)

11. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Looks like my prediction is correct after all. Wednesday will be a 'firecracker" as I predicted. The soca warriors will aim to win the group and I'm sure the Haitians also want to top the group as well.

Flash EP and Toppoayo, If Haiti loses you people will have all the excuses in the world like you did when you played Jamaica and couldn't beat us. (twice):p

I can already hear it...."the game wasn't important"..."we fielded a weaker side". The list goes on;)

12. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I don't think Haiti particularly cares about the T&T match in all honesty. They have already clinched a spot in the next round and since Cuba lost their first game, its not even a sure thing that finishing 1st in this group will avoid them in the semifinals - so Haiti essentially has nothing to play for in the 3rd match. T&T needs to win/draw to make sure they move on with Haiti though, since Barbados can still pass them with a big win over Martinique (if T&T lose), so T&T has a lot to play for and Haiti really doesn't have anything.

13. Shower

Shower New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    My youth try to let Haiti out of your conversation obviously Flash Ep and Toutpouyo (not sure of his name) are not trying to continue with this nonsense.

I am Jamaican and it's unfortunate we did not make it to the end, guess what it's not the end of our world, we all know Jamaica has a lot to offer. We Jamaicans don't spread hate, we are all about love and pride that's why our music reaches the world.

Stop your foolishness because you are making a fool of yourself and embarrass us Jamaicans. In trying to diss Haitians in the end you are dissing yourself, Jamaicans and the entire beautiful race "black"

Being lighter skin does not make you superior than a darker skin haitian or jamaican because we are all equal because we are people. We should be proud of our blackness. If you truly believe that lighter skin is superior than darker skin, than you are giving other races reasons to be prejudice against us.

Having money and better financial abilities don't classify superiority. I am sure you don't think John Travolta is superior than you because he has money.

Bad exists everywhere whether in Haiti, Jamaica, Iraq, Trinidad and here in the US. It might be published more in a different country because it is all politics.

A few wise words to you Warlord "Read before you interpret anything into hatred." Don't give us any reason that you can't read, because that's what you proved to Toutpouyou by misunderstanding his comment. We Jamaicans are smart so let's show it to the world.

Soccer is sport and sport is entertainment, so let's keep it like that.

I love you Jamaica and all of our carribeans let's take the caribbean to the world.

Keep playing football!

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Disagee Haiti has all to play for. If they win the group they'd most likely play St Vincent and the Grenadines. I doubt they'd want to play a much stronger team like Guadeloupe who beat Cuba.;)

Both teams would want to win the group so there's alot to play for never mind the bragging rights involved.

15. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Yow boss,

when did yu hear mi sey mi better than Haitian?:rolleyes: cho... you just join big soccer and a try tell mi bout mi fi stop war wid Haitian?

A nuh mi start it. Haitian too damn chatty chatty.

16. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    I have written the article about yesterday matches. I do this everyday with day´s matches.

You can see it on http://diclem87.blogspot.com

17. Shower

Shower New Member

Jan 15, 2007

Warlord lets' have fun and keep it like that without labeling anyone.

Trinida vs Haiti, who will win? can anyone tell me.

I know Trinidad has a lot of ups.

1. Trinidad is home.
    2. They have to move up to the 2nd round, they have no excuse.
    3. Their confidence is stronger after the beating they give Martinique.
    4. They can take advantage over Haiti, knowing that Haiti is in the Gold Cup, Haiti might lose concentration in the moment of celebration.

I can't wait to see it.

Keep Playing Football.

18. Shower

Shower New Member

Jan 15, 2007

Warlord lets' have fun and keep it like that without labeling anyone.

Trinida vs Haiti, who will win? can anyone tell me.

I know Trinidad has a lot of ups.

1. Trinidad is home.
    2. They have to move up to the 2nd round, they have no excuse.
    3. Their confidence is stronger after the beating they give Martinique.
    4. They can take advantage over Haiti, knowing that Haiti is in the Gold Cup, Haiti might lose concentration in the moment of celebration.

I can't wait to see it.

Keep Playing Football.

19. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Trini fi win this game. Haitian has all to play for just like Trinidad because I'm pretty sure they'd rather see St Vincent in the semi-final than Guadeloupe.

My money is on the Reds but it will be an entertaining game that can go either way. The Haitians are fielding a near full strength team while the warriors are featuring no foreign stars ( mostly TT Professional league players and i believe two US college players) but i still pick em to you.

The other game with Martinique and Barbados, i think Martinique wins that game but if Barbados beats Martinique the only way they could eclipse Trinidad as the second qualifier is if they score 6 goals and Trinidad loses but i doubt trinidad loses tomorrow.

20. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    The way you talk it's like Haiti is playing with a lot of oversea players! Except 2 players, all the other players are from Haiti league

So what's the fck if TnT play with their local players?

Does it mean Haiti League has more talent players than TnT ?

HAITIAN till i die............

21. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    By the way Haiti has some key players who are not there either. The tournament is not a Fifa date one

22. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You gotta love Creole.

I can understand some people's (and what's above), but some people on socawarriors.net and thereggaeboyz.com, I just look at it and go "huh?" :D

I should type in Southern. Dat be fun.

23. Shower

Shower New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    You are right it's better for them to meet with St. Vincent in the semi-final. Still the lost will be greater in Trini's side than Hti. Good luck to the both of them!

I can't wait to see it and I am sure I am not the only one who is anxious....Too bad I won't be able to watch it.

I would like to hear an interview brom both coaches before the match, it would make it more interesting.

Haiti wants to be back in football after all of the political crises and they are full with surprises. Trinidad has proved so many times in the past that they know how to win the Digicel Cup- so it's interesting.

I would like to see both countries against each other in the Gold Cup.

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    No never said that...... I said you are playing with a much stronger squad. Which part of that didn't you understand?:rolleyes:

Do you not have a few overseas based players in your squad? Trinidad has no world cup stars except for Denzil Theobald who played in Germany and 2 US college players and they're not professionals. The better players that would've been selected from Trinidad and Tobago are currently with their club teams preparing for the Caribbean club championships games ;)

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That's Jamaican patois which is much different than Haitian French creole:D