Carmona and Galindo suspended 1 year!

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by aguilas, Jul 4, 2005.

1. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
  2. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Just saw this myself........

Kind of harsh, but you reap what you sow.

Interestingly, they will be available for the World Cup if necessary.

3. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Wow. Can anyone tell me if there is an Appeals process? Is this written in stone or can it be shortened if the Fed decides that they sent a message loud and clear to everyone else?

4. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    this is too harsh, lavolpe wont called them up if they dont see activity for a whole year, and carmona is not exatly young.

5. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    No.... they HAD to be strict. This will keep the players from taking "unas gotitas."

Next time, FIFA will not let el TRI off so easy.

6. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    I don't think the suspensions are too harsh. If anything, this should be the minimum suspension from now on for those caught doping. It would make no sense to suspend these guys for a year and then give the next guy only a couple of months. A second violation, not likely with these two, should come with a lifetime ban. There is no room in sports for drugs.

7. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    True, there were rumors that they were going to be suspended from the world cup.

8. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    por pendejos.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I could be wrong, but i think the punishment can be reduced to 6 months by FIFA.

Also, there are appeals

10. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    The punishment maybe harsh, but they were caught with drugs in their body. So FMF has no choice but to be strict.

To bad they are both great players and the way things were going and went this could have caught the eye of euro-teams, especially Galindo!!!!!

11. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyone who thinks this punishment is too harsh is being blinded by their love for the MNT. I love em too, but this is just right. There is no room for this sh1t in sports. Especially the WC. The win over Brazil is somewhat tainted in the eyes of some now. We can't have that. The rest of the team played their a$$es off. And if we had gotten beat by a team that was later found to have a couple of players doped up, then we would make that an excuse for it. As far as I'm concerned, this is the right message. Anyone opposed to it is not looking at the big picture, and quite frankly an id1ot!!!

12. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I think the punishment is right, they have to be strict in these cases. Carmona can pretty much say good bye to his chances of playing in Germany, and deserves that for what he did. Galindo can probably recuperate from this.
    Somene remind me what was the date of the first Mexico game on Confederaciones, 'cause I find the timeline in that article interesting.

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    If FIFA had been the ones who had administered the drug test and found those two doping, Mexico would have been kicked out of the Confed Cup AT LEAST and possibly sanctioned further. For that alone they should have been suspended.

14. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Thanks.

15. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    If that was the case then "so sad, too bad". I like them both a lot and I cheer for them but no one is more important than the team, especially when they are privelaged to represent their country. For that alone, they have to be made an example of. Hopefully, they will both apologize and redeem themselves in the future.

16. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You're kidding about being available for the WC right? Sounds kind of weird that they would suspend them yet allow them to play in the WC. Not much punishment after all.

17. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    As my dad would say, you people are very bolubles.

you go with the wind. Carmona has given many years of his life to the NT, and as the doctor said, there is a big chance that neighter player had the knowledge of what they were consuming.

I think a year is too much, cause now Carmona is at the height of his power and by the next world cup he'll be in deline. Galindo is still in time to make it up, but still i think it was too much. Cruz azul is a ver powerful team and should be able to fight off the sanction. 3 month should od it or 6 the most.

18. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Butters i thought you were missing, please go get lost again. :D

19. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    I don't know that they would be available for the World Cup at all.

20. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Potter, still continuing the tradtion of being the Mexico forum's douche :D

21. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Maybe we will make it to the Semis :D

22. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    Exactly. Some things never change.

23. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Looks like Carmona is out of the national team forever. :(

24. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Al almanaque

Lista de los jugadores que han dado positivos

MEXICO (Agencia Récord) -- Aquí se presentan algunos de los jugadores que dieron positivo en pruebas antidoping y sus castigos:
    Jugador Equipo Castigo Sustancia Año
    Javier Ledesma Chivas No hubo Antigripal 1987
    Fco. J. Gómez Tigres No hubo Efedrina 1996
    Claudio Suárez Tri No hubo Nandrolona 1997
    Manuel Vidrio Tecos Tres Meses Norseudoefedrina 1998
    Raúl R. Lara Tri No hubo Testosterona 1999
    Paulo C. Chávez Tri No hubo Nandrolona 1999
    Salvador Carmona Tri Un año Norandrosterona 2005
    Aaron Galindo Tri Un año Norandrosterona 2005

:eek: :mad:

25. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

By golly, you're right...... I see an appeal coming.