Carlos Vela & Diego Reyes at Real Sociedad Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    I just dont see this at all. I know there are exceptions on both sides, but on two different occasion, a valid critizism on Vela was defended by an adhominem. I dont deny that there are people attacking him with the claims you criticize, I have not. All I said was that he is a diva because he thinks he cant be bothered to take time off his club team and that he has no balls because he doesnt accept his responsibility to represent his national team. I dont think either of these are way off, especially since they have been confirmed by Chepo´s interview.

2. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Can't say this doesn't sting. Vela is looking out for himself...that's all fine and dandy. However, I have a feeling the World Cup is going to be here soon enough, and I can guarantee he's going to have some regret as he sees Gio, Chicharo, Moreno, Guardado and the rest of his Country mate homies on pitch living a WC dream.

He was there with Gio and Moreno in the Sub-17, and he belongs on the field in 2014. I just hope he doesn't regret giving up his World Cup representation of Mexico (once in a lifetime experience) in Brazil vs a solid starting spot in Real Sociedad. Especially if he reflects back and realizes he could have had both.

BUWII repped this.
  3. Puma76

Puma76 Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Oakland Ca.
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He will be playing for R. Madrid (Hugo influenced) when that comes around. whomever the MNT coach is will be forced to call him.

4. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

FYP... ;)

:ROFLMAO:

5. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    What about managing the risk inherent in participating with the NT?

Potential injury
    Degraded performances due to jet lag

Those are two things that could actually end up hurting his long term prospects of having both. Club performance and playing time is a huge driver of getting the call in the first place. So, not only does his club pay the bills, it provides the forum needed to get future call ups when they count - like Confederations and the World Cup.

He's managing risk they way he feels comfortable. I trust him to do that better than fans. AND better than the NT coaches and training staff that screwed him before.

Playing through the injury that cost him time at Arsenal
    Travelling only to get marginal PT

One way to look at this is that the only divas are the butthurt complainers.

6. Phantomengineer89

Oct 6, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    no way is he missing the WC, so unrealistic. he wants a CL spot with his club, that's all. no need for drama.

Rojinegro1 repped this.
  7. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue. But it wouldn't surprise me if they leave him out.

8. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Think about it,. They call you for partidos moleros and qualifier against Jamaica. Shit, None of the people playing abroad should be made to travel and risk injury for that.

9. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    lol

10. Rush1862

Rush1862 Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Every player in the world is risking the same thing including Messi(he even has a longer flight). Most players see playing for your country as the ultimate honor, not Vela apparently. He is not injured so we are left to assume its strictly feelings. I used to like watching Vela play and hoping his form would carry over to the NT. Now I really dont give a sh1t if plays well or not. (Although I wish him well being Mexican and all)

El Jalisciense repped this.
  11. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
    His situation is unique as he has past experience that potentially created difficulties for his overarching goals.

The idea is that if we are going to speculate about his intentions - which I am doing as well - we might as well consider the full breadth of scenarios rather than just concluding that he is unpatriotic or couldn't give a shit about El Tri.

Then again ... this is the Internet.

Flame, spazz, argggh. Rinse, repeat.

Puma76, Kaney, Sleepy Spaceman and 3 others repped this.
  12. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vela will be back once his ego is no longer hurt from the times he was snubbed. Do you really think he's gonna risk missing out on all the ass, booty shaking, three somes, gang bangs, girls right and left that come with the NT?

trojanman1user repped this.
  13. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i say we wait and see what happens in the summer with the Confed Cup & Gold Cup roster

14. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I don't speak russian so you're shit out of luck.

Yup.

Calling the dude a diva while draping yourself in the flag is a perfectly reasonable comment within the context of this situation.

No tires la piedra y escondas la mano....

I'll tell you one more thing, if you have an issue with posting style, you're welcome to shoot me a PM. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. You're one of the best posters here so I don't intend to put you on ignore and sorry if I took it too far with that "churro" comment but don't sling shit at me through the thread. We can agree to disagree and it's not big deal.

If, for whatever reason, justified or not, he keeps declining NT invites then it would only be fair to leave him out. I'll be the first to admit it.

Kaney repped this.
  15. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Didn´t mean for this to get heated, you can reply in any language you see fit, ill still read it.

Oh yea, and ******** Vela ;)

16. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    We will show Vela and Chepo the light. :thumbsup:

17. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All I know is I wish Vela was at Arsenal right meow....

#Winning@Munich

18. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    [quote}If, for whatever reason, justified or not, he keeps declining NT invites then it would only be fair to leave him out. I'll be the first to admit it.[/quote]

Doesn't he fall into that criteria already?? People will keep defending him after 20 refusals fack that, I say they don't call him anymore period

If Messi can do it than I dont see why special Vela can't, It sets a bad precedent that a player can pick and choose the importance of cups or matches and it's not fair to other players

I hope they leave him out and if and when the W.C. is over and we get a new manager then that guy can do whatever the fack he wants with Vela.

19. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico>>>>>>>>>> vela

chivamex10 repped this.
  20. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Doesn't he fall into that criteria already?? People will keep defending him after 20 refusals fack that, I say they don't call him anymore period

If Messi can do it than I dont see why special Vela can't, It sets a bad precedent that a player can pick and choose the importance of cups or matches and it's not fair to other players

I hope they leave him out and if and when the W.C. is over and we get a new manager then that guy can do whatever the fack he wants with Vela.[/quote]

I think that is what's going to happen. Chepo seems like a MAN with pride and not some pussay who likes to beg.

21. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not in this thread, lol.

22. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    lol...C'mon dude...seriously?

Puma76 repped this.
  23. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Un sub! Until he decides to come back and represent his national team, I don't care how much he tears it up in La Liga.
    I wish him well and hope he continues to do good though.

El Jalisciense and Kaney repped this.
  24. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol, can you take some of these other guys with you?:thumbsup:

I don't care if people call him a traitor and say 'fack Vela' but I would prefer they do it in the NT threads...

We've had some good discussion regarding this issue and we've let it fly however I feel that we are beating a dead horse now.

25. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Also the big bad FMF "forced" him to play injured no mamen you guys just want reasons to blame the MNT, I'm fairly certain the doctor asked him if he was o.k. to what the dumbass probably said yes so it's on him.

El Jalisciense repped this.