Carlos Sanchez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jun 4, 2007.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was our worst player in the cup without doubt.. ..against senegal also made some bloopers..

A player with his experience cant make that without consequences....

Yeah not hating him....but neither idealizing him....

J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was vital in our both qualifier campaigns plus excellent tournament in 2014. To say that because of him we failed?? Pffff... And if je played consistently under Pekerman, he must did something right. He did mistakes sometimes, but then again EVERY NT player did them as well. Regardless, his time is over I guess.

kromekote and Furnaccio repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    5 minutes against chelsea

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Make him captain in October!!!

Well better then the Japan game he lasted longer any way :)

Him being in the EPL worries me. Even not playing they can use the excuse that he is the “best league” and needs time to adapt

5. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You're a terrible troll. Not even funny at that.

kromekote and pepinointer repped this.
  6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Those of you who actually waiting to see how he does in the EPL before writing him off blow my mind. How much worse can he do for our NT. Was shit when it mattered and is too old. Wish he had gone to China so wouldn’t have to worry about a possible call up for him

7. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Personally i dont want him back. Im just saying your level of trolling is terrible lol you have nothing to offer in this forum.

kromekote repped this.
  8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    ^ this

Carlos has contributed a lot to COLOMBIA and this is not up for debate. The guy has represented our country in the highest form as a player, professional and person. He has paved the way for a new generation. We all agree his best days are behind him, specially at a moment when we have so much to choose from at that position. I Idolize him the same way that I idolize other NT players that have CONTRIBUTED IN MAJOR WAYS but dont get the same recognition as our star players: I mean 88 caps as a DFM speaks that he was a pillar in our team core. His success came at a time where we were constantly struggling and at a point of transition. It's ok to idolize who you like.....

Furnaccio, J-Mezzy and jay luis repped this.
  9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agreed. I said this before, but you don’t get 88 caps and feature in 3 WC cycles by accident.

Crzd is arguing with himself on this matter; I don’t see anyone here who wants Roca to be a core DM for the NT. I wanted him to get 100 caps, but I’m ok if he doesn’t get it.

I think the overwhelming majority want to see a change DM with played like Barrios/Lerma and to a lesser extent Cuéllar getting the minutes and for all we know someone under the radar may pop up and emerge.

kromekote repped this.
  10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I don't want him back but the guy has had some monster games doing the dirty work and marking some very good players, that's his bread and butter. He made mistakes and wasn't at his best in the WC, but I think it was Pekermans fault for playing him instead of Barrios who was in better form and with all the games and teams we played was the better choice. When we had a lot of possession he was out of his element, the Red Card was a stupid decision should have just taken the goal and kept fighting but I won't demonize the guy for always trying his best even if he was limited on the ball.

J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is the only part I respectfully disagree with. I really was expecting the Roca-Uribe combo with Barrios coming in as a defensive sub during the WC.

Hopefully between now and CA19 we can see Barrios-Uribe or Lerma-Uribe be our guys to do the dirty work on a long term basis

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its time to move on of what happen in the world cup..........Barrios was in super level and sanchez had a lot of problems during the season (almost no minutes in firts part of the season).....the logic since the biggining was use barrios ahead.

Barrios actually is #1.......but i m not so clear who is #2 and #3 and im not so sure if we have.........

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Barrios
    Cuellar
    Lerma/Sanchez

pepinointer and jay luis repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want to see Cuellar play in Barrios' role, surely he'd do better.

pepinointer repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That "should" be the top 3.........by "logic" but i have the following doubts:

1. Cuellar should show that he can play with the same instensiity that he plays in brasil serie a with the nt........

2. Lerma at the moment for me is a "daniel torres" that reached a level to be part of the nt.......but dont know how long will be and if he can have the responsible to command the nt..........burneouth should be in premier league if the get demoted i think his role can be in danger.

3. Sanchez: consequently with the doubts above,,,,,,he is a back up possibility in case cuellar and lerma dont show they are prepared

4. Campuzano we dont know if he is 8 or 5........he is discoverign itself.........

kromekote repped this.
  16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I can get behind this although Dani hasnt even made bench in some matches. Torres unfortunately is out of favor and I think his days in Spain are limited. Pekerman, like Barrios initially, used Lerma everywhere but where he needs to be as a sole DFM. If he does that I think we'll get a lot more from Lerma.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah i refered to the best torres........that wasnt a constant

18. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    But Lerma hasn't typically played as a sole CDM, he's played CM in a double pivot usually for Levante and is doing the same at Bournemouth. He covers a lot of ground and doesn't sit and shield like Barrios or Sanchez, I'm sure he could play CDM but its not where he's played over the last year he's always had someone beside him quite often playing in a two man central midfield pair. Its why Lerma wasn't a bad idea against England since he can play higher up and can get up the pitch, whereas both Sanchez and Barrios didn't make sense and why it should have been Uribe instead of Sanchez allowing for a CDM and sort of a double 8 in posession.

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    If he was playing higher up the pitch during WC that's news to me. He was barely crossing the halfway line and if he was asked to do something different than he surely didnt get the message. Like Sanchez and Barrios, we have to be careful what we ask from our DMF. Barrios can also push upfront and pose a threat (he's done this several times for Boca) but it's very selective. This is where Roca starts to get in trouble and where we constantly get killed on counters. Roca used to do it at Villa all the time, lose the ball in the worst of field positions as opposed to containing and finding his AMF connections. Lerma's best attributes are his physicality. He covers a lot of ground and can distribute well but he's not a box to box MF that would be worth pushing upfront so much that he leaves a bunch of space behind him.

pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    No he's not a box to box MF and he hasn't really played CDM recently, he's inbetween the two but with that double pivot system you have more freedom positionally then if you are the one guy who sits holds and breaks up play in front of the CB's. My point being is that if we are playing with a single CDM in a 3 man midfield we don't have a big sample of him playing that position. Barrios and Cuellar and Sanchez yes, I'd like to see Lerma there to see how he does. My point about the England game was that he played two guys who almost never go forward and are used to occupying the same space and the same role in Sanchez and Barrios who are almost always played as a single CDM, lerma made more sense since its more similar to his position he played all year at Levante.

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is a good benchmark. At his best, excellent. Just not at his best consistently (out at least for a while now).

We have been blessed in recent generations with more consistency. I remember us relying on Oviedos and Grisales that were incredible one day and not the same the next call up...

Sanchez, for his mental errors, has been remarkably consistent over a long stretch of time.

dapip repped this.
  22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    CRZD, what did you send Roca for his bday? ;)

IMG_8469.jpg

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And thank you for everything ******** your hot wife try to make some future NT stars but stay the ******** out of the NT

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I will be laughing so hysterically if he is called up by Queiroz.

:laugh:

Furnaccio, Doogs and crzdcolombian repped this.