Carlos Ruiz............biggest re-acquisition bust ever?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by KingsRule89, Jun 25, 2008.

1. KingsRule89

KingsRule89 New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    What's goin on with this guy?

2. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    He is stuck on the outside looking in. How can you start him over Buddle (2 hat tricks) LD (Leading the league in scoring). Even Gordon is getting himself on the score sheet. When you have three forwards that are producing and forming a chemistry with each other why break it up?

3. WAX888

WAX888 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Ontario, Ca.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think any negative criticism of Ruiz is quite premature. The guy has come back from injury and still trying to work his way into the squad. The guy has to be given a chance before we can label him a bust.

4. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These threads are really getting on my nerves. Ruiz has yet to play more than 2 games combined this season! How the hell can someone be a bust if they don't even get a chance to play? Believe me, I'm not saying this cause I'm Guatemalan. I'm saying this cause it seems a lot of people already hate the guy and need a way to justify it. From what I see it's mostly newbs (Beckham fans who joined after Jan 07) saying this shit. Some of you are all lovey dovey with Buddle now but when he sucked yal talked all the same shit you talk about Carlos. Hypocrites! Buddle will slow down this season, trust! He is one blunt away from it. He scored 3 against a Dallas team who played to lose(to get the coach fired) and 3 against SJ (worst team in the league). Some of you are over reacting to him the same way you say we are the worst in the league if we lose and claim we are the best team in the league if we win the next weekend. Do you really want to resort to snow shoes Gordon when Buddle has a bad streak? I think not!

5. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    injury and international duty... when was he supposed to be scoring?

6. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    did you see the interview before the smurf game where Carlos was asked by that female reporter when we would see his first goal and Carlos kind of gave a smirk face as if he has heard that one about a million times since the season began.... I felt bad for Carlos there...

and hell he got hurt and has not been a factor .....yet... because I have no doubt that he has a lot of magic left in his game. I am sure he wants to be on the scoreboard this weekend. I think he may at last get that goal this Sunday.

7. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

That was freakin' hilarious. This thread should be closed.

8. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Criticizing a player who hasn't had a chance to play is retarded.

9. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way too early to judge Carlos, except in a couple of ways:

1) He has taken off weight. He has worked on his conditioning. That's a real plus, and I don't think he would have made that effort if he weren't committed to making a comeback.

2) He has improved his English, has said only positive things to the press, and has not ONCE appeared to sulk the way we saw the last year in Dallas.

It was a tragedy that the guy who put in this effort got injured by a cheap shot in the first outing, and he has had physical problems. His play for Guatamala, admittedly against less than MLS competition, gives some hope he is knocking the rust off and will come back strong.

And, seriously, would anyone start Gordon over Ruiz if there was ANY chance of Ruiz returning to form? "Snowshoes" Gordon has no upside, and I do not think we have yet seen the best of what Carlos can do.

10. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ladies & Gentlemen.

I think we should wait until he's on the field and see what he can do.
    If he can't produce as Ruud's expected.The FO will do something but IMO
    he will be here until after the p/o.

Close the thread please:p

11. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you, He was cheap shoted by a rookie hack and is barely getting back to form. He has looked good with his nats team so there is still time to see his production. i think against DC we should see all of our scoring threats on the field, Lando, Becks, Buddle, Fish. Looks pretty scary from where I'm sitting.

12. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vapory Traste

YES !!!

Screw Carlos Ruiz. Everybody hated this dude after he left the G's the first time, and now we get an injury-prone shadow of his former self diving prick bastard.

Ultimately, we dont need him. He is perfect trade bait right now most GM's wont be able to remember why they hate him and dont want him on their teams. All they can remember is to look at his stat sheet and see all his goals and there need for offensive production.

Hello K.C.

Hello Houston

Some sad offensive teams that would want him to boost there scoring. And we can use a center back (Conrad) or (E. Robinson) and maybe a middy (Victorine) or (Holden) -> but we shouldnt get greedy. just shore up our "D" for him and the Dynasty can begin.

13. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Biggest re-acquisition bust ever? No that would be Greg Vanney, followed By Alexi Lalas. I assume you wanted to trade Beckham over the off-season too.

14. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like some of the Gals' fans,didn't see your post.
    So I reposted it........:rolleyes:

15. ManUnitedForever

ManUnitedForever New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Biggest re-acquisition bust ever is this:

[​IMG]

16. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    When Buddle sold to Europe (probably no later than in January), Ruiz would be very important part of the attack.

17. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QFT
    ...but that's the kind of entertainment I come here for...and I am never disappointed.

18. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ciaran O'Brien is Dema Kovalenko in disguise.

19. lagalaxy900

lagalaxy900 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably biggest re-acquisition disappointment ever would be more appropriate. He himself has done everything correct- gotten in shape, been friendlier to the press, learned English better (ahem Blanco take a lesson), and I really was excited to have him back on the team this season. Take away one injury and some NAT duty and I think he may have taken full advantage of the scoring LA is doing right now. (ala Edson Buddle)

BTW, I was watching that Colorado - LA match with one of my friends who is a Rapids fan, (yeah that sucked ass!) and when f***ing Ciaran O'Brian made that tackle on Ruiz he was all pissed off Ruiz had made the game a spectacle and DOVE at the end of the game and how bad Ruiz was and I was like no Ciaran O'Brian is obviously a boner and a complete dumbass and should be mugged by the entire city of LA next time he is there.

God just thinking about Ruiz gets me mad because I think it could of been a very good year for him and I know he has the entire second half to go but the whole injury thing has been real unfortunate for him, the team, and the fans.

D I S A P P O I N T M E N T ! :mad:

20. Jr Galaxy

Jr Galaxy New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Covina,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruiz deserves a chance to show if he has anything left in the tank. He has produced well for us in the past and should be given opportunities before being dismissed as a flop.

He may be a diver from time to time (who isnt), but other players are actors on the field, so who cares what Ruiz does as long as he produces for us. I have been a galaxy fan since 96 and will try to show some respect for those who produced for us in the past. Ruiz still has a good legacy for the galaxy in my opinion (he did lead us to a title).

Cienfuegos,hartman, cobi, and others should not be dissed by any of us because they gave it their all for the galaxy. We need to start building some sense of galaxy history if we are to be considered a "super club" in the future.

If Ruiz cant deliver, then we can trade him and make a wise personnel move to favor the galaxy. But, lets not say he is a piece of crap or worthless and other derogatory remarks, because few can say they led their club to a title.

21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO, if someone comes inquiring about Ruiz, and is willing to offer significant players that address our needs, then we have to consider it.

But otherwise, I don't think we should be shopping him around. We have other players that we can cut if we need to clear some salary cap and roster spots for new additions to the team.

22. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Re: Vapory Traste

Sorry I think that Houston isn't interested. Can you imagine how that goes over when they put his locker next to Ricardo Clark's? Seriously?

We need scoring but we don't need it bad enough to ever want Ruiz. Plus there is an outside chance that we work something out with Jaqua as well. KC will possibly get Wolff.

IMHO....you are smoking the good smoke if you think Ruiz is worth anything more than Conrad or Robinson. His inflated salary was probably ok two years ago when he was a productive player, but 7G and 2A does not make his near max contract palatable. Plus isn't he fat now?

That all being said, I think he will be very useful for you guys when he comes back.

23. This Magic Moment

This Magic Moment New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Yes. I think the question was made earlier: How do you start him over Buddle, Donovan or even Gordon (at this point)? More importantly: How do you keep him on the bench?

It would be the wisest move for LA to let him go to cover their defensive needs.

24. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why does everyone keep talking or even suggesting we should get rid of Ruiz?

Just a couple of points here:

1. The guy just came back from injury and barely getting into form/shape. No argument that he is rusty right now but will regain his form. And if he refuses to get back in shape as some people on this blog have hinted that he likes to do, then I am sure Ruud will show him either the door or the bench definitely.

In all honesty, it was good that he played for Guatemala against St. Lucia. It helps him to shake off that rustiness and helps his self-esteem, his spirit. On this basis (physical aspect), it is hard to make a case for dumping Carlos. Let's just take a step back and wait.

2. With 2010 qualifying rounds going on now, Landon is bound to be called up for the national team. We all know that. Now, let's assume for a minute that Buddle is called up as well and at the same time as Landon. Then what? That would leave us with how many strikers/forwards, capable-- that is? Do we really, truly want to place our hopes on Gordon to score?

Just my thoughts.

25. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

nothing much to do just reposted.