Carlos Queiroz DT

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    huh? why would there be a generation gap, we don't have many players that are very old. Do you mean long term maybe? as for CQ he's already incorporating players that are young like Lucumi, Montero, Luis Diaz, Morelos.

pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  2. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    “Ahora las cosas cambiaron para todos. Nuestro trabajo cambió mucho y convocamos a los jugadores por las observaciones en la televisión, así como los periodistas opinan de lo que ven en televisión. Entonces, los partidos de la Liga local tienen restricciones en Europa y en Surámerica, intenté ver algunos partidos, pero las restricciones son...", dijo Queiroz en rueda de prensa.

As part of his reason for not calling certain players from FPC, our coach said that he can't watch certain games on the internet...

This right here says everything you need to know about this guy.

Cruzifero, villus, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is terrific do you have the link?? Is so ridiculous to be true....seems out of context

crzdcolombian repped this.
  4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha thought he lived In Colombia to scout the league

fire this douche!!!

but not just him all our coaches just don’t look at the league. It’s Mexico, Argentina or Europe.

I mean the players he has are not bad it’s more the formation and lack of training. He isn’t a good coach and getting paid a butt load to make us play like shit.

before the 3-0 lost it’s been like that for a while. Even during copa America group stage when people were like we played the best in the 1st round. We had an easy group.

this guy was suppose to change our mentality but it’s worse than before. This is a Lara, Pinto or Bolillo team where we shouldn’t shoot at goal.

like their goalie wasn’t that good. We shot 1 directly at him and he fumbled it.

I also don’t like how he didn’t sub out Cuadrado who was getting wrecked at RB.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly i m imaging telling this type of excuse to my boss.....i would he fired for surr

7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not a lot of faith on this guy. Just hope that when he is fired (if he is) we still have enough time to fight for the chance to qualify.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  8. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm starting to lose faith on this guy too. I was skeptical when he was hired but my skepticism seem to be right on this one. The way he trained Iran wasn't really the type of football we should play.

I also think that Pek's just had that father figure personality that Quiroz doesn't have.

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want to see how CQ bounces back tomorrow before I criticize.

Part of the job is being prepared with the right players when players are unavailable. With both Mina/Davinson out, it will be interesting to see what CB duo we use.

Hopefully he goes with Muñoz in RB and goes with Uribe/Cuadrado/Barrios in the midfield. Don’t want to risk Lerma getting another yellow.

Cuadrado disappointed me with his reversion to his 2018 WCQ style - stick to what has been working - less flopping and smarter passes into space. The days of fancy footwork is over - that window has closed.

I also think we need to have better choice of subs. Morelos is not a game changer type of player off the bench. I think we can all agree on that and that was proven several games ago.

Cardona should only go in for James as injury replacement or possibly within the Muriel/Díaz rotation - nowhere else.

Do we know if the Colombia league / Internet comment was really said? I am still bugged out by that comment.

10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Me autocito. El man es un desastre.

pepinointer, Cruzifero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah this guy sucks

villus and Tio Nicci repped this.
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im hoping if he gets sacked, it'll be quick. Like when Leonel Alvarez was fired after 2 games

13. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    We've had him for over a year and a half now. Just doesn't feel like it cuz Covid interrupted everything.

And that'll be the excuse both he and the Fed will use to keep him aboard until it's possibly too late.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    guys Bolillo is free and hasn’t punched a woman in a while....

I’m scared

15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The era of Colombia being one of the top teams in South America--constructed by Pekerman--is officially over.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What hurts the most is the fact that we have good players he's wasting so much talent

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But Carlos antonio velez had to be happy.......

Azucarero and crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    games we for eliminated in cups with Pekerman and how bad he was against the big two had to get him fired especially for the money.

tho going after a coach who big team was Iran was not the way to go.

who is 16? He almost did an own goal!!

this team has 0 confidence or chemistry

19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I nominate CRZD to take over.

villus, Froboy69 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you pass the ball in the middle as a CB you owe me 500k and 1,000 laps.

Furnaccio repped this.
  21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is the point. We once fired a guy for a TIE with Venezuela!

And we didn't have half the team we have now. This is unprecedented poor coaching or complete insubordination on the team.

Azucarero, crzdcolombian and pepinointer repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There does not seem to be many options.

If we fire Queiroz the next manager would only have a couple days to implement his game plan with the team since there are no FIFA friendlies.

Unless we just send out an all Colombian/ Mexican based team that trains together in various microciclos but that would be even worse.

And I have no idea who would want this job and who could turn things around against Brasil and at Paraguay.
    We may have to go on our knees and beg Pekerman to come back or something. (And I never thought he should have been fired anyway because I knew this could happen.)

23. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am concerned who is to replace this guy...yes I have repeated this many times but it really has become a stressful situation for us...

24. iransports

iransports New Member

Iran
    Jan 28, 2019
    I told you guys from the very beginning. Carlos Queiroz is a fraud and a chalatan. The sooner you guys get rid of him the better off you'll be.

I watched him 8 years with Iran. The only thing he knows about football is to put 11 bodies in front of the ball and aimlessly punt the ball forward hoping for something to happen.

Azucarero, Doogs, Furnaccio and 2 others repped this.
  25. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Totally disagree. This is probably the best time to fire and replace given the new guy will have till March to scout his team. If we were going to have to change, this is the moment (though the circumstances are egregious.)

In terms of who would come here? I think we are an attractive destination. We have one of the best sides (on talent) in the world and pay pretty well.

I just don't know who is out there right now.