Carlos Pavon to Quakes

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by RHSOCCER23, Jan 18, 2008.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this Honduran publication which came out today, Pavon will heading North to reunite with his old coach. Good luck with him!!!!

2. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I wouldn't mind getting the one from the Honduran national team, but I don't want the one from the Galaxy. Which one are you talking about?

3. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UNFORTUNATELY, I am talking about the one that plays for the Honduran Intl team AND played for the LAG last year.

4. darkstar10990

darkstar10990 Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HOLY CRAP!

Might just be a rumor, as everything dealing with the Galaxy is nowadays and its pathetic. Ill sleep on it and check back in the morning to see if anyone else picked up on it.

But if it is true, shouldnt we focus on taking players from the Dynamo instead of the Galaxy? :rolleyes:I mean, we got Yallop, Glinton, Cannon, and 'Pavon' from LA. We only got Cochrane from Houston....and Bruce Morgan, if you will....

5. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If this is true, this is not a good pick-up at all. Pavon was really good seven years ago when he used to play for Morelia and helped them win the Mexican championship but his skills have declined quite a bit. Definitely not an impact player. I think he only scored 3 goals last year. :(

6. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There isn't any dealing with the Galaxy in this case - Pavon was cut and is a free agent.

7. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Well I'm not gonna trip yet because keep in mind that in the past anytime a scum reject who ended up w/ the Quakes developed into a great player :cool:

8. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    worst case scenario he is no beter then he was with the galaxy, we are an expansion team, so its not like we dont have roster spots to burn.

9. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    If true, good pickup. I was waiting for this one to happen. I can't explain why he played so poorly for the filth last year, but we all saw that one game against Red Bull. And most of us saw the Gold Cup. This guy is leaps and bounds above anybody, and I mean anybody in the league when it comes to heading the ball. However, his close quarters touch and holding ability seem to be freaking horrible. He can score anything with his head. Anything. And he's free as far as a transfer is concerned.

10. JohnWP

JohnWP Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Monterey, CA
    Agreed. I wouldn't be wild about this if it's true, but I wouldn't be upset either. Pavon looked bad last year, but we know that he has been a quality player in the past. You never know if last year was a product of being in a bad environment or a period of adjustment to MLS or to simply getting used to living in the US. I have been worried that if you gave Pavon and Beckham a year to work together under less stressful circumstances they might turn into a pretty dangerous link-up.

And, as you've said, we're an expansion team. It wouldn't kill us to have a guy with international experience on the team.

11. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    that article was orginally published in mid-November...I would think that is dead by now...

12. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA

Or, just the Houston players who came from the Galaxy?

13. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    god, who isn't coming to the new Quakes?

seems like there is a new speculation article ever day.

i don't want Pavon.

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have plenty of roster spots to burn?

15. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah, who knows, maybe the source was Pavon's agent. Frank should know him pretty well, and if he wants him I would think that he would have signed him by now.

16. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Salary negotiation may very well be in progress right now...

17. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    True, that's possible.

18. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pavon? Great! Can we sign Wanchope too?! Those two both USED to be great players and clearly showed their current MLS quality is vastly dimished.

PASS!

19. pguerra

pguerra New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    I agree. Pavon is a Proven vet in Honduran smash-mouth soccer. Trade our 15th pick, but I suspect LA is looking for money. There are no impact in this draft. Pavon will seek payback against Beckham, Donovan. Frank knows the inside scoop.. go quakes!!!

20. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Pavon has been waived by LA. We don't need to pay anything to get him, but LA do get right of first refusal if he agrees to less money.

Speaking of which, the only way this pick-up would make sense for us would be if Pavon took a BIG pay-cut. That being said, I think we can do better. I also think that this is an old and tired rumor, and agree it would have happened by now if it was going to happen.

21. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    [​IMG]
    DEPORTES Osman habla de Pavón

“Sería bueno tenerlo...”
    Enero 18, 2007

Por: Zona Deportiva (zonadeportiva@elheraldo.hn)

El más popular del fútbol catracho ha exteriorizado su intención de tener a Carlos Pavón en el equipo.
    Tegucigalpa. La alarma de emergencia se hace sonar en el campamento blanco, la llegada de refuerzos se ve amenazada y ahora el equipo capitalino está urgido de buscar jugadores que lleguen a hacer diferencia en el club. Una nueva noticia se escuchó ayer en el entreno albo: la posibilidad de fichar a Carlos Pavón, algo que el gerente deportivo Osman Madrid no desmintió.

“Pavón es un gran jugador que nosotros respetamos, por todo lo que ha realizado durante su carrera, él es un líder y si hubiese una oportunidad de contratarlo sería bueno, ya que uno siempre quiere tener ese tipo de jugadores. Lo que pasa es que él está bien identificado con los colores del Real España”.

Pavón fue campeón con la Máquina con el actual técnico olimpista, situación que podría darle unos puntos a favor aunque Castillo expresó que ese es un tema administrativo. “Eso es algo que yo no manejo, por respeto no puedo decir nada ni tampoco comentar”.

El delantero tiene ofertas de cuatro equipos de la MLS entre ellos el San José Earthquakes, según su representante Alex Solís y de quedarse en Honduras “sólo jugaría en Real España”. Pavón fue visto en Tegucigalpa, lo que podría ser una oportunidad para que se reuna con la directiva del Olimpia.

still being talked about in Central America

22. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The article sighted above is from the same November 18 rumor.

23. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    I think it would be a very good choice to try him out at least for the season. So he had a bad season with the Galaxy, just like every player on that team. The Galaxy were garbage last season. This can be a fresh start for Pavon and it might rejuvenate him back to his good days.

24. Nadir

Nadir New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    This guy is lame. I hope its not true. Very wasteful.

25. Guicho

Guicho New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    CREMAS
    http://www.laprensahn.com/ediciones/2008/01/18/los_gringos_se_enamoraron_de_pavon
    JANUARY 18, 2008
    Los gringos se enamoraron de Pavón
    Diego Paz Salgado ​

[​IMG]
    Carlos Pavón espera un llamado de la MLS.
    San Pedro Sula. El futuro de Carlos Pavón sigue incierto, pero hay esperanzas de que siga en la liga de Estados Unidos. Ayer nos informó su representante Alex Solís que está negociando con cuatro clubes de la MLS. "Si se queda en Honduras jugará en el Real España; en ningún otro equipo lo haría", expresó Solís.
    Pavón fue separado del Galaxy de Los ángeles, pero ahora existe la posibilidad de que llegue al San José Earthquakes.

"Todo puede pasar, las puertas para Carlos Pavón no están cerradas. Me estoy moviendo con algunos equipos, pero no hay nada concreto", añadió Solís.
    Los fichajes de la MLS se cierran a finales de febrero. No solamente "La Sombra Voladora" tiene la oportunidad de marcharse. "Me quiero llevar a Osman Chávez, el defensa de Motagua", concluyó Solís.