Rumor: Carlos Hernandez on loan to LAG

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RHSOCCER23, Apr 2, 2009.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting idea...someone to play till Beckham gets back.

I don't know much about him, however. Going to the A-league doesn't exactly scream that he'd be an MLS difference maker.

3. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. primality

primality New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The Rose Bowl
    It says that he has already announced the move on Costa Rican TV.
    This is exactly the type of player we need. He is already a key member of the Costa Rica national team that is one point behind the U.S. in world cup qualifying. He also won the A-League Championship this past season with Melbourne.

5. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this move. Especially when we force Melbourne to extend the loan through the end of the season!

Who's the super club now Beeyatch!

6. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Some of Carlos' very recent work for us (Melbourne Victory):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENSmCRSTJyI&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - A-LEAGUE MAJOR SEMI FINAL 2009: 1st Leg - Adelaide United V Melbourne Victory - Highlights - 7feb09[/ame]

and a 'Fred-esque' (now at DC United) demolition job in the 2nd semi:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPq1oik60Fk&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - A-LEAGUE MAJOR SEMI FINAL 2009: 2nd Leg - Melbourne Victory V Adelaide United - Highlights - 14feb09[/ame]

needless to say we are -very- happy at the possible news of retaining him. I'll be interested to see how he goes over there (LAG).

7. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    um, say what? only if you fork out the cash, baby. :rolleyes:

8. primality

primality New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The Rose Bowl
    This guy has a knack for scoring from long range:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBxNdFpcjE4&NR=1"]YouTube - Costa Rica - Estados Unidos. 3-0[/ame]

9. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    he does, but hasn't been terribly prolific from longe range over the last 2 years. he scored one from a mile out in his first pre-season for us, but has been more effective drifting into the box and (according to one commentator in one of the clips i posted) is the league leader in (completed) thru-balls.

that early goal:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXZk2pMbrhA"]YouTube - Carlos Hernandez's cracker vs Perth Glory[/ame]

he played well against juve last year, even injured was our only player that looked at approximately the same level as them, to be honest.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpVZhUT1kI&feature=related"]YouTube - Carlos Hernandez goal against Juventus F.C.[/ame]

10. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before we get carried away let's remember the website this originated from.

11. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    nothing definite yet, of course. this is where everything started from yesterday:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfGw5COfCdo"]YouTube - Carlos Hernández signos 3 años con la Melburne Victory[/ame]

12. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here's hoping. this will be the biggest ray of sunshine for this club this year....well, second, after the news that donovan would be returning.

13. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope this is true we need a solid M-field bad...

14. Diegan

Diegan Member+

San Diego FC
    United States
    Sep 18, 2008
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was an allusion to the Beckham-Milan situation... just in case you didn't know...

15. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks pretty definite from the interview. The one thing that is left to do is how the Australian team will get paid by the Galaxy.

16. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's a true loan I didn't think we had to pay them squat; we just pay the players salary over the course of the loan.

Otherwise it would be a transfer, no?

17. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    propeller,

I agree with you. In this case, I have no idea how this whole deal will be worked out. Maybe, someone on this board can enlighten us. Anyone?

:confused:

18. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    I rather Hernandez with Galaxy than Beckham, I remember Hernandez scored that goal against the US.

19. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    handshake

Are you kidding me... I saw this on mlsrumors.net to and said done deal.

Josh Tudela or Mike Magee can both take a seat on the bench. and if the guy seriously pans out then why even bother toying around with snaggletooth.

The problem I have is not only does the Galaxy not have much luck with Ticos but neither does the rest of MLS. Most who come here are poor to average performers.

If Hernandez can come here and become a player... then we should be ok this season, if not... wait til the summer til someone appears via allocation.

peanutbutter.

20. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see that Arena and staff aren't resting and continuing to look into bolstering the roster.

On one hand, I'm glad it's a loan b/c if he doesn't pan out then he's gone in August when Beckham comes back. But on the other hand, if he turns out to be a stud and a major boost to the team, then it'll suck to have to give him up, regardless of Beck's arrival.

So, if this is true, we need to cut a player from the roster. Could this be why Sesay is gone from the roster on the Galaxy website? Moving him out allows one of the rookies to go to the developmental roster, freeing up the senior spot we'd need.

Of course, nothing is confirmed in any way yet until an official announcement from the team....

21. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is true, does this mean that we're actually doing something right? This Bruce Arena as GM thing might turn out okay.

I hope this guy comes to play. And if it works out that he's just what we need....maybe we can pull the old switcheroo on 'em and send Becks to them in August instead.

22. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to win as many games as possible before sell-out, I mean, Beckham comes back. If this guy can help us do that then I'll be happy. I'm jumping to no conclusions just yet though.

23. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TrickHog,

That's an interesting observation about Sesay and why he does not show on the roster.

I just hope the FO does not screw up this loan or transfer (or whatever they wanna call it)... :D

24. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Berhalter's arrival, how will this effect the ability to sign Hernandez? Will we have to clear another roster spot?

25. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I think so, hopefully its Migz . . . or Kirovski.