Carling Cup : Saints - Colchester [R]

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by prk166, Oct 27, 2004.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  2. pompeyrob

pompeyrob New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    isle of wight
    I was quite happy painting my kitchen ceiling and listening to you lot get beat tonight on Radio Solent, but then this Blackstock comes along and ruins my night.

Do you reckon he`ll start against the Arse? He deserves a place after tonights performance.

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Given injuries, I'd expect him to pair up with Omerod. He definitely earned it. I didn't listen to the match or have it taped. How exactly did Saints managed to let Colchester score 2?

4. pompeyrob

pompeyrob New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    isle of wight
    You were lucky they only scored two! Colchester missed four easy chances/sitters according to the commentary. Dave Merrington reckons Blackstock should start against Arsenal. The players have got to get their act together or else they`re going to get seriously muller`d up at Highbury.

A good mate of mine (saints fan) took his daughter to her first game over there tonight. I`m glad she saw an exciting game.

5. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You didn't lets us score 2, we scored 2, you got 2 goals from lucky set pieces. We should have won, Fagan missed 2 easy one on ones and Halford forget he was that close to goal and got taken out by a good tackle. All in all you were very lucky, your fans knew it and so did your team.
    Not only that you were well out supported too! Couldn't hear any Saints fans chanting at all during the game apart from a few youngsters trying to give it.