Carling Cup: Manchester City vs Birmingham City

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by deadendnights, Sep 21, 2011.

1. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the match that pits the Holders of the two domestic cups. I'm interested to see who plays today and who sits. Does Hart get a rest? VK, Lescott?

2. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unplanned sick day. No chance of this being on television I'm sure.

3. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Radio commentary only it seems (OS match centre may have a link). BBC does have a highlights show on at 11:20pm. I'm going to the game and if I remember will post some thoughts when I get back. Assulin isn't in the squad and had a bit of a moan about it on Twitter that has already been picked up by the press and could mean curtains for his City career.

Suarez, Scapuzzi, Razak, and Rekik all in the matchday squad apparently. Tevez, Balo, and Kolo supposed to be starting and Hargreaves slated to have 45 minutes.

4. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The site is usually pretty good with any radio. If not, I'll be watching the rolling text commentary. Which isn't so bad.

5. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hargreaves and Ballotelli a goal each. Owen comes through a full half unscathed and being very active in the midfield.

7. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Glad to see Hargo back on the pitch, and scoring a goal. Hope he continues to stay fit.

8. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just got home and Hargreaves was fantastic. Intelligent, determined, and scored a terrific goal to boot. Tevez, Kolo, Razak, and Savic were also fantastic. Savic is calm, composed, can head the ball very well, and can use both feet - I believe he will be starting regularly sooner rather than later. The game itself wasn't very entertaining as it was ridiculously easy and after half-time we didn't really go for the throat as Birmingham were providing no threat. Instead, City fans had a long back and forth banter session with the Birmingham fans and one chubby gentleman in particular. :)