Carl Weathers announces Gubernatorial Bid!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Pirrip, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Pirrip

Pirrip New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Saskatchewan
    Carl Weathers announces Gubernatorial Bid!

(Baton Rouge - FU Press) Carl Weathers announced today that he is throwing his hat in the ring for the Governor's job in his native Louisiana. Weathers', who has not lived in the state for several decades, says he made his decision after seeing fellow actor Arnold Swarzenegger win the California recall election. When asked of his qualifications, the actor best known for his role as Apollo Creed in the Rocky movies stated "Hey, I was in Predator too. I wasn't the lead, but my role was bigger than Jesse's" refering to former Minnesota Govenor Jesse Ventura. Weathers' indicated that since America was bound and determined to put the cast of Predator into public office, it was his civic duty to put his name forward.

When queried about about Weathers' chances, noted Louisiana political pundit Forrest Gump said, "Stupid is as Stupid does". Another analyst, Sherwood "Bubba" Beauregaurd noted, 'I think Thomas Jefferson said it best when he lamented 'I give you the declaration of independence and you *#*#*#k it up like this?'"