Carini deal not done?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by LeperKhan, Aug 15, 2002.

1. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    http://www.soccernet.com/england/news/2002/0815/20020815afccarini.html

Not good. It seems that Fabian isn't officially signed and hasn't agreed to personal terms, and the deal might fall through. From the aricle:

'He has not yet been registered because he has not yet signed his contract,' said Wenger. 'We were under the impression that personal terms had been agreed but that has turned out not to be the case.

'We will know in the next 48 hours if the matter will be resolved. But I have to say I am not optimistic and if he returns to Juventus then I have a problem.

'I cannot go into the season with just two goalkeepers, David Seaman and Stuart Taylor. I need another goalkeeper but because of the transfer window I have to sign a new goalkeeper by the end of the month.'

Not good at all.

2. Senor Askew

Senor Askew Member

Jan 19, 2001
    San Francisco, CA.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those of us (and there were many) who opposed the sale of Richard Wright saw this one coming a mile away.

The Highbury higherups (forgive the redundency) sure slipped up here.

3. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever happened with Rustuu? Is he REALLY staying in Turkey?

4. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe now Arsene will be able to buy the keeper he wanted last year.

Oh wait, Dudek is with Liverpool now and considered one of the best 3 keepers in the EPL.

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    What makes this even more disturbing is that Taylor gave up 5 goals to Fulham's reserve side.

OUCH!!!

Any keepers floating about that might help out for the season? Maybe an older reserve with some value (i.e. Kasey Keller)? Even though he wasn't the USMNT #1 I still think he's fairly good, and he didn't play a lick with Spurs last year.

6. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    As much as I would love to see Keller follow Sol to Highbury, it's not going to happen. He did actually start playing at Spurs at the end of last season, and reports I've read say that he's basically taken the number 1 shirt from Sullivan this offseason and is expected to start.

Ian Feuer may be available though.;)

7. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Ummmmm..........no. Nice enough guy, but no thanks.

8. Senor Askew

Senor Askew Member

Jan 19, 2001
    San Francisco, CA.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heh heh

What about my main man Jurgen Sommer?

9. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Re: heh heh

While we're getting ridiculous about it, why not just sign Tim Howard (or Joe Cannon)? Either are better than Sommer.

I agree that Keller would hurt himself by moving to Arsenal now. Looks like he's won his fight to play- no reason to leave now to repeat the process. Maybe we will have to wait until next off season for Rustu...Word is Martyn is on the outs at Leeds, but I still don't think Venables would transfer his saftey net to a rival (would be funny to have both of the top two England keepers on the same team).

I think if push comes to shove, Wenger will lure a French keeper out of LC, a Coupet or similar.

10. LizAFC

LizAFC New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    San Jose
    Re: Re: heh heh

Tim Howard and Joe Cannon are both better than Kasey Keller (who royally sucks). Sommer might actually even be better than Keller.

Arsenal should just sign me.

11. anotherkygunner

anotherkygunner New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    augusta KY
    Bob Wilson could be available now he's retired from tv work LOL

12. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Richard Wright blows it in his Everton debut:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/2196568.stm

Worse yet, for some, he does it against Spurs, and not for the first time.

13. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Arsene Wenger has confirmed tonight that our "potential "#2 #1" is on his way back to Juventus.
    No budging on personal terms.
    Richard Wight did not want to stay as he wanted guaranteed first place football in the EPL to enhance his England chances. Well, he has got it. (for this season anyway!!!!!!).
    I think he will regret it in the long run.
    I am sure that Arsene will find "another gem" somewhere.

14. DEREK WHITE

DEREK WHITE New Member

Manninger linked with Arsenal return he has not impressed Espanyol and wenger may take him back to solve keeper problem!!!I can't see this happening probably just tabloid speculation like the story linking us with Stam yesterday.