Review: Caribbean Nations Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by 13370, Sep 18, 2009.

1. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well I think Cuba will be OK, we have couple good players on the bench that can cover their spot with out any difference on our game or maybe improve it.
    Capi Mesa in the midfield is something that 90% of the Cubans are waiting for, he is one of the more talents players that Cuba has produce in the last 3 or 4 years, Dagoberto Quesada could cover Marcel on the Right flank, he played against Panama inted and he did pretty good.
    On the back line Reysander or Clavelo can take the spot, I think the first one have more oportunities to start the game

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ingles no es tu primer lenguaje huh ccuba mano?

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    El tuyo tampoco, parece? ;) La palabra que deberías utilizar ahí es "idioma".

Carry on. :)

4. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. siebenw

siebenw Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Würzburg, Germany

Siento lo mismo por ese equipo cubano, me alegro mucho por sus resultados obtenidos.

Cuba in the Gold Cup:
    2009 qualified (but didn't participate)
    2007 qualified
    2005 qualified
    2003 qualified
    2002 qualified
    2000 qualified
    1998 qualified
    1996 didn't qualified (Cuba was 3rd place in the Caribbean but only the two finalists made it to the 9-team field of Gold Cup)
    1993 didn't participate (in the Caribbean Cup, so they couldn't qualify)
    1991 withdrew

So it shouldn't be a surprise that Cuba made the qualification, as they always have qualified with one exception when they didn't make it por la mínima of one position.

6. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    once again i won't be at home to watch that grenada vs cuba game so i need you guys to keep me updated. i'll be checking in on my phone.

theworm2345 thanks again. you did a great job on Sunday keeping me updated with every detail.

7. trekky76

trekky76 Member

May 31, 2008
    Stockholm

Didn't qualify in 2000 either :)
    3rd in qualifying behind Canada and Haiti.

8. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
  9. Milyc

Milyc Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jo no hablo español muy biene pero penso que su blog és una cosa buena para el futebol de Caribe y esta competición.

As for the results of the second round...

Congrats to Cuba for this solid performance. I can see the team as a strong contender for the title. On the other hand, too bad for Trinidad. They were one of the favorites but can only hope for better luck next time now.

Jamaica is playing according to expectations and will be one of the teams to be difficult to beat. Also, congrats for Antigua & Barbuda, since they are close to make the semis.

This tournament is getting more interesting by the day, and all the more great it is that the matches are being played in a daily basis. :p

10. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    Many thanks! If you have got any dubt about what´s telling on the article, I could translate it easyly.

11. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Which ones do you want?

12. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah, yeah if Cuba is often present at the CONCACAF Gold Cup on the other side she didn't succeed! Judge for yourselves!

1998 : eliminated in first round
    2002 : eliminated in first round
    2003 : Quater finalist
    2005 : eliminated in first round
    2007 : eliminated in first round

13. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will like the Cuba vs Martinique, I have a Blog abouth the cuban soccer (http://futbol-cubano.blogspot.com) and I have a lot of friends from Cuba that want to see the match.

14. bartecky

bartecky Member

Jun 6, 2009
    New York, USA
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    If you have an American cellphone let me know, I can send you text messages with the score... I'll be watching the game at work...

15. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well at least we made it, that is must that what other teams can say :)

16. bartecky

bartecky Member

Jun 6, 2009
    New York, USA
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Why is not Cuba participating in Gold Cup recently? Are these political reasons or maybe they are affraid that the team would not go back to Cuba? I think couple MLS teams would be happy to grab Cuba's players...

17. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    I think it´s because economic block that USA does.

Go Cuba!

18. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Its because the players defect when they play in the US as the US gives automatic asylum to Cubans who defect...it happened with the Olympic team and the senior team. Reinier Alcantara, Pedro Faife, Loanny Cartaya, etc., etc. It may be worth the risk for a World Cup Qualifier as thats only one match and easy to just make the players stay in a hotel, but when you're travelling around playing (at least) three matches it would be very tough.

19. bartecky

bartecky Member

Jun 6, 2009
    New York, USA
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    That is why the tournament should take place in different countries than USA. I don't reasons why Mexico or Canada could not organize this tournament.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    this is the wrong thread for that Bartecky....

21. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Kieran Murtagh will also be missing for Antigua and Barbuda which means their two starting central midfielders (and two of their best players) will be out for the all important match.

22. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll say this: if CONCACAF/FIFA ends up using rankings (instead of the last World Cup qualifying cycle) to set up the first round of qualifying groups, at this point Cuba has to be one of the top seeds. If you disagree, please name eight countries in CONCACAF playing better than them atm.

23. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    One question guys! Don't you think that the last two matches in each group would be held in the same time? This is done at the European's, African's championship and the World Cup. I say this not only for the DCC but also for the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Remember in the past, in the match between West Germany and Austria in World Cup 1982, these two countries had agreed to eliminate Algeria. And since this incident, FIFA has decided that the last two matches in each group taking place in the same time!

24. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of luck, bro. Here in CONCACAF, TV interests run everything.

25. kman1456

kman1456 Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of 1982, it looks as if Cuba and Grenada are doing just what the German-speaking teams did: drawing, simply to eliminate the one remaining eligible team.