Careful with Spain in WC'10???

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by vipnerd, May 16, 2010.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It better not be true, but again 2002 was a joke and I have no doubt in my mind something fishy happened there(No I am not bitter about us leaving early, but those ref's vs Spain and Italy did a number on them vs the South Koreans).

But Spain can have a difficult route to the WC, they can play BRA(Not likely), Portugal(Maybe and Iberian rival) and Ivory Coast. If they get past that, then they can run into the Italians in the QF. And even if they finish 2nd in their group, then they can run into Bra then the Dutch. So they know their road will not be that simple compare it to other teams like the Italians who(if they win their group) will get the runner-up of group E, Netherlands(will probably win the group) Denmark,Japan,Cameroon. I think the Spanish are going to get beaten up.

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Calm down everyone, it was just some old English bloke trying to impress a young woman and talking garbage. Lets face it with the squad Spain have they hardly need any help from refs. Just goes to show, that however old and posh a man is, he'll still talk out of his backside if he thinks it will help him get into the knickers of a young lady.:D

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Worried? I'm beyond happy. This is basically a DEATH BLOW to Spain! Now they won't be able to get a call to save their life. If anything and they are playing well refs will look for a way to call stuff against them just so as not to be implicated in any wrong doing!

This is GREAT NEWS, now one of the supposed candidates is out before they even started playing!!!

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Since we have this hread talking about Spain ...

Los que viajan a Sudáfrica son: (source Olé)

Arqueros:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
    José Manuel Reina (Liverpool)
    Víctor Valdés (Barcelona)

Defensores:

Joan Capdevila (Villarreal)
    Carles Puyol (Barcelona)
    Gerard Piqué (Barcelona)
    Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid)
    Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
    Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
    Carlos Marchena (Valencia)

Mediocampistas:

Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid)
    Sergio Busquets (Barcelona)
    Xavi Hernández (Barcelona)
    Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)
    Jesús Navas (Sevilla)
    Cesc Fábregas (Arsenal)
    Javi Martínez (Athletic)

Delanteros

David Silva (Valencia)
    Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia)
    Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
    David Villa (Barcelona)
    Pedro Rodríguez (Barcelona)
    Fernando Llorente (Athletic)

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

7 Barcelona players
    5 Real Madrid players
    4 Valencia(D.Villa was a Valencia player last season)
    2-Athletic
    2-Liverpool
    1-Villarreal
    1-Sevilla
    1-Arsenal.

Looks good on paper doesn't it?

6. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Almost as good as it does in real life:D

It's a great squad, I hope they get far in the tournament. Would love us playing them in the final.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Won't happen. If both teams win their group they will meet in the semi's. Unless they finish second or if we finish second we could meet them in the final. Right now if all the favorites win their group(and the 2nd place team progress) Spain's route to win the WC will be Portugal,Italy,Argentina,Brasil. If they finish second it will be Brasil,Netherlands(I got lost after that lol and did not like finishing it out). If Spain want's to win the WC they will not have a cakewalk to the semi's ala Italy of 06.

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    The Catalan media already call it 8 STARTERS out of 11 in the NT! :eek:

Spain might as well wear the Barça jersey and wear Florentino's image in their underwears ... :rolleyes:

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One SLIGHT problem, if they believe they will duplicate what they do in Barcelona, they are missing a major piece to their puzzle :cool:

[​IMG]

10. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    You gotta wonder what Madrid based fans feel about that. It;s gotta sting for them.