Carabao Cup - Third Round - Chelsea FC vs Aston Villa FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Blueallthru, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah RLC looked like the real deal today. It's hard to imagine how he gets any consistent game time here but what's harder to imagine is how he wound up getting basically none at Fulham last year.

Of course, he shone in a role that most of us would have said was unnatural for him today. Tuchel sees much that others do not. Certainly more than Scott Parker

2. Chairman Maozedizzle

Chelsea FC
    United States
    Sep 22, 2021
    It's your fav poster, back from the dead. Locked myself out of this hellscape to better attend to some real life happenings. Still, even account-less, couldn't help but read peoples' thoughts and such. Married to the game :notworthy:

Fully here for an RLC redemption arc. Got me rock hard seeing a midfielder in this team regularly look to break and play through the middle of the pitch. Exactly the kind of player I would love to see in this team. Hope he can continue to make an impression.

Trevor looks like the real deal. Makes it look easy at times.

Happy for Kepa. We'll need him while Mendy is away for the ACON.

While our results have been splendid this season, it isn't how it feels on actual game days. Totally normal given our patchwork lineup yesterday. But otherwise, we struggle for long stretches. Lack of control in midfield (crazy.. how can that even be possible with the best midfielder of all time, Jorginho) leads to some difficulty in getting our forward wide players involved in a meaningful way. The frequency with which they seem to run into a dead end is a bit frustrating to watch.

All that said, you could take these struggles as a positive. We're hardly at our best yet we only just conceded our first goal from open play yesterday.

Cosmin10 repped this.